RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Non Crawler RC's (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/non-crawler-rcs/)
-   -   Tamiya BBX01 (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/non-crawler-rcs/631134-tamiya-bbx01.html)

OSRC 02-01-2023 07:41 AM

Tamiya BBX01

Tamiya, you're killing me...

From Tamiyablog:
https://i.postimg.cc/HsXp4ZFH/Screen...-01-094226.jpg

Must have....

Page link in case the pic moves: https://tamiyablog.com/2023/02/other...toy-fair-2023/

EDIT: Sorry, it's BB-01.

durok 02-01-2023 09:31 AM

Re: Tamiya BBX01

2 Attachment(s)
DAMN!!!

Well, I see you were partially right at the beginning..."thumbsup"

They are calling that one the BBX, on the BB-01 chassis.

I wonder how much it'll be!

Been a long time since I wanted a 2WD buggy...;-)

B-MOW71 02-01-2023 09:38 AM

That is a good looking buggy! It sort of kinda gives me Kyosho Javelin vibes without the body, sort of!!

I heard that Tamiya was re and releasing a ton of new models soon. Can't wait to see what else they have to release!

Gula 02-01-2023 10:20 AM

I'd like to see on in person first, to make a decision about buying that buggy. It does look like a cool new? , design.
I wish there were more rear suspension pics. I'd probably do my chenowth buggy

Fallen 02-01-2023 01:27 PM

I really like the look of it. It appears to have plenty of suspension travel, which surprises me considering that it's a Tamiya.

I'll probably buy at least one (I have 4 sons), especially if they're released as a kit.

cooper_xl 02-01-2023 01:45 PM

I absolutely love it...it is already available to pre-order

smog 02-01-2023 03:15 PM

I definitely have a soft spot for these classic Tamiya buggies. They look about as cool as it gets(...and of course so does the box art). I was very tempted to get the re-release of the Super Champ a while back. This is looking like yet another reason to pick up a Tamiya.

OnTheTrail 02-01-2023 03:43 PM

I texted my LHS today about ordering one. They're not set up to preorder these in the US yet. Hopefully in the next few days. Unfortunately, this most likely will be similar to the Blockhead Wild One and 45th Anniversary 934 where the US will be one of the last markets to get product shipped to. :cry:

high plains drifter 02-01-2023 05:50 PM

Looks like price will be around $370 US if/ when it is avail here in the states and that may be without the slipper. I still want one though... so cool.

OnTheTrail 02-02-2023 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by high plains drifter (Post 6131696)
Looks like price will be around $370 US if/ when it is avail here in the states and that may be without the slipper. I still want one though... so cool.

$370 or $270? I did some conversions from European shops that are showing a price, and the conversion looks like $270. Now who only knows at this point but hopefully it's in the 2's.

high plains drifter 02-02-2023 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheTrail (Post 6131731)
$370 or $270? I did some conversions from European shops that are showing a price, and the conversion looks like $270. Now who only knows at this point but hopefully it's in the 2's.

You're right. I thought that from the RCKicks video that he said that it might retail for around 299 but that was in the UK. 252 euros would be $270.

Fallen 02-02-2023 05:27 PM

$270 definitely sounds like more of a "kit" price, which would be consistent with Tamiya's offerings.

$370 would either likely be an RTR, or they probably wouldn't sell many.

durok 02-03-2023 12:52 AM

BigSquidRC stated it would be retail priced at $365...

Fallen 02-03-2023 01:46 AM

Hmm...

That doesn't deter me too much, assuming RTR.

If the kit price is $365 then they've lost me. I know many Tamiya kits include the ESC & motor. But for that price I'd be expecting all of the electronics.

Especially considering that it's VERY tough to believe a Tamiya kit's offroad performance will be impressive. It does appear an improvement over typical Tamiya performance, but my SC10b would likely blow it out of the water at speed over rough terrain.

Fallen 02-03-2023 01:51 AM

Well...

I like that it's a kit... but it doesn't even include the ESC / motor for that price. No electronics actually. That's unfortunate.

https://www.tamiyausa.com/shop/-road-buggies/rc-bbx/

Thorsteenster 02-03-2023 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fallen (Post 6131781)
Well...

I like that it's a kit... but it doesn't even include the ESC / motor for that price. No electronics actually. That's unfortunate.

https://www.tamiyausa.com/shop/-road-buggies/rc-bbx/

Wow, usually they include an ESC, come one, atleast give us an MSC!
Maybe it'll drop by the time it's actually available, and Tamiya kits typically seem to be cheaper through retail outlets than Tamiya themselves.

Pretty cool looking buggy, like the classic look.
I'm wondering about the wheel size, if they're 1.7ish I'm wondering why they didn't use the FAV tires n wheels. The FAV fronts were much better looking IMO. Not greatly different but a little more than just straight groove treads.
Looking forward to seeing some threads on it and bashing videos, see what kind of durability this thing has.

OSRC 02-03-2023 06:14 AM

Guess we'll see the price once it hits the shores. The Astute is listed as $414 on TamiyaUSA, but retails around $289 or so. I've had that one on the radar for a while and the price really hasn't budged much since introduction. Doubt this one will be much different.

Tamiya has had some supply chain issues I'm hearing, they haven't included a basic Tamiya ESC with the kits in a while, they've been sourcing ESC's from Hobbywing (which is good) - I don't mind the lack of ESC, I have a box of stock unused Tamiya ESC's sitting here since they don't have lipo cutoff. Not sure of some of the higher spec ones do now, but the older ones were set up for LiFe which is useless when using a lipo.

ferp420 02-03-2023 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OSRC (Post 6131783)
Guess we'll see the price once it hits the shores. The Astute is listed as $414 on TamiyaUSA, but retails around $289 or so. I've had that one on the radar for a while and the price really hasn't budged much since introduction. Doubt this one will be much different.

Tamiya has had some supply chain issues I'm hearing, they haven't included a basic Tamiya ESC with the kits in a while, they've been sourcing ESC's from Hobbywing (which is good) - I don't mind the lack of ESC, I have a box of stock unused Tamiya ESC's sitting here since they don't have lipo cutoff. Not sure of some of the higher spec ones do now, but the older ones were set up for LiFe which is useless when using a lipo.

the last tamiya esc i got dose have lipo cut off and its brushed or brushless i thought that was a nice touch i was thinking about using it for my ff01 new beetle but i dont have anywere to drive it nowdays no pavement by the house anymore lol

front wheel drive cars are just to much fun lol

are those clodbuster links i see in the back of that thing or am i just imagining them

OnTheTrail 02-03-2023 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferp420 (Post 6131791)
the last tamiya esc i got dose have lipo cut off and its brushed or brushless

Just curious the model of the Tamiya ESC? All the Tamiya branded ones I've gotten with kits (TBLE-02S) over the past few year can do brushed or brushless, but as OSRC mentioned, they don't have a lipo cut off.

soze 02-03-2023 12:32 PM

I'm interested in this and a few other ones they released. I'm a sucker for Tamiya despite their quirks.