Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > North Carolina

Notices

Thread: Any South or North Carolina people

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2006, 08:20 PM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Hey Tonsa, I'm not to far from Coolomee myself. We all need to try to get together and crawl sometime soon just for fun. I have a TLT and have a few buddys with crawlers too.
scruff007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2006, 09:31 AM   #22
Rock Stacker

sounds good to me. my new servos just came today. going to do a little wrenching and get this thing mobile again. Im on call for work this week so i cant really go much of anywhere. As far as that goes. Anyone that is interested in maybe forming a get together for this place feel free to PM and we will see what we can arrange. I have already spoke with Brando and he sounds like he is up for it some day. Will just have to watch yourself at that place crawling....1 slip off the rocks into the water and your crawler would be Gone...the water just off of that water fall moves fast enough to wash an ATV down river. Have seen it happen.
Tonsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 05:21 PM   #23
Pebble Pounder

Will do. I'll go by tues drop it off. If i figure somthing out on my mounts this week I'm going some where to let it eat.
HaPtOAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 07:40 AM   #24
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonsa
sounds good to me. my new servos just came today. going to do a little wrenching and get this thing mobile again. Im on call for work this week so i cant really go much of anywhere. As far as that goes. Anyone that is interested in maybe forming a get together for this place feel free to PM and we will see what we can arrange. I have already spoke with Brando and he sounds like he is up for it some day. Will just have to watch yourself at that place crawling....1 slip off the rocks into the water and your crawler would be Gone...the water just off of that water fall moves fast enough to wash an ATV down river. Have seen it happen.

Ahhhhhhhh, you didn't mention water hazard. Oh, I guess you did mention something about a water fall. I just didn't realize we would be crawlin on the edge of water. Hope there are some rocks that aren't so close to the water we can crawl on. I would hate to see hundreds of dollars float down stream.

It would be nice to get a number of people together. If it works out maybe plan something on a regular basis. I have three new trucks that have not seen one rock yet. Just my lawn and a few children. They make nice obsticles when they are laying on the ground.
BrandO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 09:37 AM   #25
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandO
Hope there are some rocks that aren't so close to the water we can crawl on. I would hate to see hundreds of dollars float down stream.

It would be nice to get a number of people together. If it works out maybe plan something on a regular basis.
There are plenty of rocks that aren't right on the water's edge, but you know how you always have to CYA (cover your arse). Dont want to feel responsible if someone looses their mind and gets too close. I spent too many years four wheeling in full size rigs and watching the typical "Hey y'all watch this" stuff to not make sure and include the disclaimer LOL. throwing in a couple pics of the place. They were just shot when my son and I were there last time so I didnt necessarily take the pic's intentionally to show the rocks there but it will give you an idea.
Attached Images

Old 01-22-2006, 08:06 PM   #26
Quarry Creeper

One of my buddies is in the process of getting his tlt back together at the moment and my boss has a tlt also. As soon as we can all pick a good date for everyone, I'll let them know so we can all go. Keep me posted.
Old 01-22-2006, 09:26 PM   #27
Rock Stacker

I will be off of the late shift for work this coming Friday. I should be able to head there Saturday or Sunday. Everyone who can make one of those days post in here and we will try to work out which day is best for the most people. There is a tiny shopping center in the middle of the town of Cooleemee right on Hwy 801 that we could all meet at. The crawling spot is only about 3 miles from that shopping center. Cooleemee is one of those towns that is so small that if you blink, you missed it but it is on Hwy 801 in between where 801 intersects with Hwy 601 and where 801 runs into Hwy 70 near the town of Cleveland. Or for any that may not want to wander around looking for it, we could meet at the mall in Salisbury which is at the intersection of Hwy 70 and Jake Alexander Blvd. Will e-mail map to any who ask in a PM.
Old 01-22-2006, 10:07 PM   #28
Rock Stacker

Better yet. Map attached. GPS coordinates as mapnotes for those of you with gps. The label that is on top of the other one in cooleemee is the shopping center and the one in Salisbury is the mall.
Attached Images

Old 01-24-2006, 08:39 PM   #29
Rock Stacker

Ok looks like no one is able for this coming weekend. I will be there anyway probably on Saturday around lunch. After a week of being on call for work, I'm definately gonna need some fun time. Any last minute people that decide you can make it, fire me off an e-mail.
Old 01-26-2006, 05:43 PM   #30
Pebble Pounder

Brian my speed control is coming tommrow Ill call you friday if comes in. I would like to watch if don't though.
Old 01-26-2006, 09:33 PM   #31
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaPtOAD
Brian my speed control is coming tommrow Ill call you friday if comes in. I would like to watch if don't though.
Ok got the number? I will be home from work tomorrow around 5:15pm. I have told several local people that i would be up there around noon so if you are coming (with truck or without) and need to follow me there we would probably need to meet at the Salisbury mall around 11 or 11:15am. Even if your truck isnt running, at least you would know how to get there for the future. Haha if yours isnt running, we may have to offload the little camera on you. not sure the place is worthy of any video for this site but you never know what we may find.
Old 01-27-2006, 06:32 AM   #32
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonsa
Ok got the number? I will be home from work tomorrow around 5:15pm. I have told several local people that i would be up there around noon so if you are coming (with truck or without) and need to follow me there we would probably need to meet at the Salisbury mall around 11 or 11:15am. Even if your truck isnt running, at least you would know how to get there for the future. Haha if yours isnt running, we may have to offload the little camera on you. not sure the place is worthy of any video for this site but you never know what we may find.
You guys are killing me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Frigit I am putting down the tools. Taking my Clod off the shelf. And getting ready to come out with you guys. Tonsa I am sending you a PM for some directions.
Old 01-27-2006, 12:48 PM   #33
Quarry Creeper

HEY TONZA,

THIS IS SCRUFF007 HERE. I'D LIKE TO COME OUT TOMMORROW. CAN'T GET LOGGED IN HERE AT WORK. EMAIL ME TIME AND DIRECTIONS. I'M FAMILIAR WITH 801 AND 601. bRIAN@EBMONLINE.COM. THANKS
BigRedB2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 03:47 PM   #34
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedB2
HEY TONZA,

THIS IS SCRUFF007 HERE. I'D LIKE TO COME OUT TOMMORROW. CAN'T GET LOGGED IN HERE AT WORK. EMAIL ME TIME AND DIRECTIONS. I'M FAMILIAR WITH 801 AND 601. bRIAN@EBMONLINE.COM. THANKS
E-mail sent and this is a copy/paste from it for anyone else that may decide at last minute to go for a ride into the boonies.

The place we will be crawling in is called "The Bullhole" There is a small store on hwy 601 Very near the town of Cooleemee it is right at a bridge. This bridge is the county line between Rowan county and Davie county. In order to get to the bullhole....If you are sitting in the parking lot of this store, take a left out of the store then hang a right on the next road on the right. This road is named Needmore Rd. You will see Park signs on needmore road directing you into the park. It isnt far at all once you make that turn onto Needmore Rd. Maybe 100yrds till your next turn off of Needmore.
Old 01-28-2006, 04:45 PM   #35
Quarry Creeper

Hey guys, good to see everyone today. Sorry i didnt get a chance to introduce myself to everyone, i got there as everyone was leaving (the guy with the 1/18th nylint) i had been planning on saving up to get a TLT cause i wheel with Scruff alot, but after seeing the clod and the TXT...i think i may need to save a little more!!! im getting my 6th nylint this week, maybe next Meet and Greet can be hanging rock or pilot mountain, or if anyone one knows of a good spot at Uwharrie that may be fun too. Of course i wouldnt mind headin back to the bullhole.
Old 01-28-2006, 06:23 PM   #36
Rock Crawler

I had a blast today. It was nice to meet a few new people with the same sickness.........I mean hobby. Nice little place to go crawlin. I plan to make more trips.

I got home and tore into my Clod. It has a newly located front servo mount. Also moved up the steering links. Should be less likely to get hung up on the servo arm and links now. The TXT has some cutting in it's future. I hope to have it crawling by next trip.

BigRed, It doesn't have to be the biggest to crawl the best. I was impressed with Brians little TLT. With those Moabs that little bugger crawls nice.

Here is the poster pic from right before we left.

Old 01-28-2006, 08:56 PM   #37
Rock Stacker

Was good to meet you all. I cant wait till next time. I am horrible with names so some of them i wont remember. I hope everyone enjoyed the place and hopefully we can all get more and more friends into the sport and coming out with us.

Video was just posted a few min ago.
Old 01-29-2006, 06:55 AM   #38
Quarry Creeper

Hey guys, Had a good time out there yesterday. Good to met some other people into the RC thing. You all are really knowledgeable about it and I'm interested to know more. We'll have to set us up a cool course next time we're out. Just for fun fo course. Hopefully we'll have more out next time. Again, nice to meet all of you and hope we can get together again soon. My pics aren't much to brag about but here they are.

Old 01-29-2006, 09:21 AM   #39
Quarry Creeper

Yeah, i know bigger doesnt necesarily mean better, my 1:1 is a bronco II. But it seems like with the larger scale RC's your choice of terrain is not as limited. I killed my lil nylint yesterday so Im gonna get a 6th Nylint, and start collecting parts for a TLT.....BrandO, i need to talk to you about a chassis from what ive seen on the forums!
Old 01-29-2006, 11:56 AM   #40
Pebble Pounder

Had a blast yesterday can't wait till next time. I have a few ideas about the toqure roll but it wasn't as bad i thought. Anyway thanks to everybody see yall on the (flip) side.