RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   North Carolina (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/north-carolina/)
-   -   Wilmington? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/north-carolina/200615-wilmington.html)

dirtymike 09-20-2009 08:27 PM

Wilmington?

ANybody in wilmington wanna meet up and do some crawlin?

23drumerboy 07-26-2020 08:40 PM

Re: Wilmington?

@dirtymike i realize u asked 10 years ago, but im down! Lol

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

rcjunky3 12-27-2020 07:15 PM

anybody still crawling in Wilmington

23drumerboy 12-30-2020 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcjunky3 (Post 6059885)
anybody still crawling in Wilmington

Got your msg, havent been able to reply. I will asap

R.C. means both;Remote control, and Rock Crawler.

dirtymike 01-08-2021 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 23drumerboy (Post 6036677)
@dirtymike i realize u asked 10 years ago, but im down! Lol

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

haha I sold everything a few years ago, but now some friends have bought crawlers so I'm looking around to pickup another one

23drumerboy 01-08-2021 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirtymike (Post 6062223)
haha I sold everything a few years ago, but now some friends have bought crawlers so I'm looking around to pickup another one

You can stop by East Coast Auto and Trailer on Market St. They have Traxxas stuff. Including trx4/trx6. Not much (yet) in the way of "upgrades" for TRX crawlers, but they will stock anything you ask em to! Tell the guys Jordan sent ya!

dirtymike 01-09-2021 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 23drumerboy (Post 6062252)
You can stop by East Coast Auto and Trailer on Market St. They have Traxxas stuff. Including trx4/trx6. Not much (yet) in the way of "upgrades" for TRX crawlers, but they will stock anything you ask em to! Tell the guys Jordan sent ya!

Oh cool, that's basically next to where my old shop used to be. I just picked up a wraith for myself. Good to know a local traxxas place though, because I can't seem to stop breaking my slash every time I drive it.

I've since moved up to hampstead, but some of my friends in castle hayne and leland have crawlers.

Have you ever tried going to the rockpile in the woods by the battleship? we used to go there years ago.

23drumerboy 01-09-2021 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirtymike (Post 6062408)
Oh cool, that's basically next to where my old shop used to be. I just picked up a wraith for myself. Good to know a local traxxas place though, because I can't seem to stop breaking my slash every time I drive it.

I've since moved up to hampstead, but some of my friends in castle hayne and leland have crawlers.

Have you ever tried going to the rockpile in the woods by the battleship? we used to go there years ago.

I tried to find anything around the battleship but after coming to a dead end down a dirt road and then parking and walking into the woods and seeing a random probably government truck driving real slow and creepy I figured I may get in trouble so I left but I have yet to find anything that resembles a rock pile unless I was just looking in the wrong place? I've got a friend or two in Castle hayne and know a few people in Wilmington and Leland combined but in the three years I've lived here now pretty much just work- RC- little bit of sleep- more work-brewery!!!-sleep(dreaming RC stuff)-wake up-work, repeat. Lol!

I work in dutch square! So im also close by the store, and your old shop!

dirtymike 01-10-2021 04:49 PM

when you make the right turn to go down that road, you'll see an entrance into the woods on the left pretty quickly, one has a bar across, the next used to be a puddle. Through that and then a little further back and there's a clearing with a pile of rocks we used to drive our real jeeps over, then park and play with rc's a bit. Almost at the beginning. It gets a little sketchy if you take that road all the way to the end. Next time i'm over there I"m going to swing through and see what it's like there now.

Honeyman108 01-10-2021 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 23drumerboy (Post 6060455)
Got your msg, havent been able to reply. I will asap

Radio Controlled.... LOL....

23drumerboy 01-10-2021 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Honeyman108 (Post 6062568)
Radio Controlled.... LOL....

I'm aware of this...but i dont think the average newb, or anyone who has only ever owned NewBright/walmart/sharper image/toy store RC's thinks of it the same as us more "seasoned" drivers. Most kids say "...blah, blah, blah-blah-blah, bleh, remote control car?!?!..blah blah". Hahaha

MattH 06-30-2022 06:12 AM

Reviving an old thread.

I am up I-40 in Wallace. Seems to be a bunch of crawlers in Brunswick county. I haven't gotten together with them yet but they seem fairly active.

I'll be building a new course at my place and will host some events.