Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > North Carolina

Notices

Thread: Raleigh People?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2010, 12:38 PM   #21
RCC Addict

Sounds like it might be time to put the VP dig in.....
CRSMacgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-2010, 12:41 PM   #22
Rock Crawler

I grew up in Duham. In northern Durham there are some sweet spots on the Eno when the area is dry. Just watch out for the copperheads/cotton mouths...not to mention the Poison Ivy and tics

Last edited by lowslowTJ; 06-10-2010 at 12:45 PM.
lowslowTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 01:49 PM   #23
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRSMacgyver View Post
Sounds like it might be time to put the VP dig in.....
Do it. Be good to see you out at Dave's.

How many guys you expecting at DPG this weekend?
untchabl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 04:48 PM   #24
Quarry Creeper

So far about 20 people, but maybe more will show up.
RaleighRCer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 09:08 AM   #25
Quarry Creeper

Hey guys,

I know there hasn't been a post here in a few months, but I moved down to Raleigh from Md back in June and I'm getting back into the crawler scene. I joined ncrccrawlers and posted what I have found so far. There are some pictures on the thread as well. I just ordered a creeper and will be taking it to Falls Dam in a few weeks. I put together a map with the 3 spots I have found.

Here's the map:

Google Map

Here's the thread on ncrccrawlers:

http://www.ncrccrawlers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3537
BrentH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 07:26 PM   #26
Quarry Creeper

Hey, near enough to Raleigh to be close. I know a really great place too if your interested. I have a scx-10 scaler, but where I'm talkin about you can run anything. I can be ready to roll as early as this weekend, Sat or Sun. Just yell if you want to run.
hvydty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 06:29 AM   #27
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvydty1 View Post
Hey, near enough to Raleigh to be close. I know a really great place too if your interested. I have a scx-10 scaler, but where I'm talkin about you can run anything. I can be ready to roll as early as this weekend, Sat or Sun. Just yell if you want to run.
Awesome. I don't have my new rig yet, still waiting for it to be delivered so I will be building it this weekend. Where's this place you're talking about? I've found a few spots that I think would be good for a comp maybe, even though I haven't been in one yet.
Old 10-26-2010, 07:32 PM   #28
Quarry Creeper

It's the Haw River, just west of Jordan lake on Hwy 64 west, about 2 or 3 miles east of Pittsboro N.C. Great place to run. We had a few comps there when I was in Carolina Rock Runners. Lots of lines, huge amount of rocks and water if you want it. I love the place personally because I can get there in less than an hour and spend quite a few hours and packs just pluggin around. There are some pretty hard lines there, and more than enough places to trail run.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:34 AM   #29
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvydty1 View Post
It's the Haw River, just west of Jordan lake on Hwy 64 west, about 2 or 3 miles east of Pittsboro N.C. Great place to run. We had a few comps there when I was in Carolina Rock Runners. Lots of lines, huge amount of rocks and water if you want it. I love the place personally because I can get there in less than an hour and spend quite a few hours and packs just pluggin around. There are some pretty hard lines there, and more than enough places to trail run.
Cool, I know where that spot is. Might have to go check it out soon.
Old 10-27-2010, 12:06 PM   #30
Rock Stacker

Default raleigh spots

Hey man saw your post about crawl spots. got a few more for you to look at.
(1) go behind 4wheel parts on glennwood ave. good spot for bashers/scalers to full comp rigs. no permission needed.
(2) toytown in fuquay varina. small course but fun.
(3) army daves house next saturday . sign up at 9am. comp starts at 10am.

#2-3 can get directions from toytown sight. 4 wheel parts is on glennwood right before duraleigh rd i think .

anyway dude hope to see you around & checkout the crawl at dave next sat if you are into it .

chris
pbm45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 11:14 AM   #31
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbm45 View Post
Hey man saw your post about crawl spots. got a few more for you to look at.
(1) go behind 4wheel parts on glennwood ave. good spot for bashers/scalers to full comp rigs. no permission needed.
(2) toytown in fuquay varina. small course but fun.
(3) army daves house next saturday . sign up at 9am. comp starts at 10am.

#2-3 can get directions from toytown sight. 4 wheel parts is on glennwood right before duraleigh rd i think .

anyway dude hope to see you around & checkout the crawl at dave next sat if you are into it .

chris
Cool. Been to 4 wheel parts before, I'll update the map I made with that location. Myself, hvydty1 and nsg1rc from NCRCCRAWLERS.com met up this past Saturday at Falls Dam and ran for a few hours. myself and hvydty1 we there from about 2pm until dark. We're gonna try to meet up there some more along with 4 wheel parts and Haw river.
Old 11-23-2010, 06:10 PM   #32

Default Cedar Hills Park

I went and played disc golf or frisbie golf or whatever it's called this morning with some buddies from work at a place called Cedar Hills Park. Walking through the course, I found this little spot:

Just google 'Cedar Hills Park Raleigh' and a map will come up, it's right off of Spring Forest Rd in North Raleigh.

It's nothin hardcore, but it's fun to screw around. There are a few tough angles (for my long wheelbase maxstone 10) I drove around most of the time without any problems. I was by myself, so I couldnt take any video, but I did get some pics mid-drive.

Last edited by creepcrawlin; 11-23-2010 at 06:12 PM.
creepcrawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 08:21 PM   #33
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepcrawlin View Post
I went and played disc golf or frisbie golf or whatever it's called this morning with some buddies from work at a place called Cedar Hills Park. Walking through the course, I found this little spot:

Just google 'Cedar Hills Park Raleigh' and a map will come up, it's right off of Spring Forest Rd in North Raleigh.

It's nothin hardcore, but it's fun to screw around. There are a few tough angles (for my long wheelbase maxstone 10) I drove around most of the time without any problems. I was by myself, so I couldnt take any video, but I did get some pics mid-drive.

Cool, you should take a ride up to Falls Dam off Falls of Nuese rd and check that place out. (The bottom part of the dam I mean)
Old 11-25-2010, 08:57 PM   #34

yeah i've been there a few times, went alot this summer. the first time i went there i had a small crowd of 10 or 15 people watching me....a bunch of kids too. the dam is cool b/c the rocks are a lot bigger than cedar hills.....but cedar hills is less than 2 minutes from my house
creepcrawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 07:55 PM   #35
Quarry Creeper

That's a nice spot for a scale trail run. Very interesting! I think I will try and get there for a run or 2.!
Old 07-13-2013, 10:46 PM   #36

Default Re: Raleigh People?

Wondering if there's still people in the Raleigh area wanting to get together? Heard there is a track going in at Northgate Mall ( I believe it's called).
Drking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 01:54 PM   #37
Pebble Pounder

Several of us in the Raleigh area have been getting together regularly, hitting Umstead, Lake Johnson, and other places. There's a Facebook group NC RC Crawlers where everything is posted and coordinated. Got a great group of guys already, always welcome more!
Cr00zah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 12:11 PM   #38

i just moved to cary from ohio last month!

i'm in far southern cary, not far from fuquay... does dave still lurk around this forum?
Carlos the Jackhole is offline   Reply With Quote