Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > North Carolina

Notices

Thread: WNC wheelers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2011, 10:59 AM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Exclamation Call to Action

Sounds like you have a good place to set up a potential NC Scale Comp or championship event?!? Yeah, I threw it out there!

As far as scalers in Asheville, I'm scouting locales now so we can put some things together for the Spring. I'd like to get some things on the NCCrawlers calendar with 2 to 4 weeks advance notice so some of you with longer drives can plan on it and maybe even meet and ride together if needed. Fellow Ashevillers: PM me if you are interested in helping to scout out some areas that would potentially make good scale trails with minimal work. I'm free to do some looking most Saturday mornings, so let's get crackin. The spring will be here before you know it, and I don't want this forum to be like so many others... All talk and No action.
jkabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2011, 04:43 PM   #22
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkabee View Post
Sounds like you have a good place to set up a potential NC Scale Comp or championship event?!? Yeah, I threw it out there!

As far as scalers in Asheville, I'm scouting locales now so we can put some things together for the Spring. I'd like to get some things on the NCCrawlers calendar with 2 to 4 weeks advance notice so some of you with longer drives can plan on it and maybe even meet and ride together if needed. Fellow Ashevillers: PM me if you are interested in helping to scout out some areas that would potentially make good scale trails with minimal work. I'm free to do some looking most Saturday mornings, so let's get crackin. The spring will be here before you know it, and I don't want this forum to be like so many others... All talk and No action.
I am with you.. I want to get together with other guys and gals in western NC and scale more. I have a 6y\o and an 8y\o who scale with me, and have been bugging me about going. So I am ready when spring gets here.
smokediver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 07:13 PM   #23
Quarry Creeper

Good to know smokediver. I'm game. Engineer Joe just found a cool spot in Asheville that we may try out this weekend (or I may if he doesn't).

Check out the Asheville Crawling Spot thread. EngineerJoe posted a google link to it. Its off of Sweeten Creek Road i think.
Old 01-22-2011, 05:59 PM   #24
Quarry Creeper

Default McGalliard Falls Park Valdese NC

Not necessarily an Asheville spot, but I thought this place was a buffet of scaling goodness. Seriously, this would be a good place to hold a larger meet or comp, due to the location and the variety of terrain.

Its called McGalliard Falls Park, and its located in Valdese NC (in between Hickory and Morganton). It has public parking and restrooms, LOTS of exposed rock, sand, water, mud and TRAILS GALORE. I spend 30 minutes out there today and saw 10% of it. Luckily I had the camera with me, but the photos don't do it justice.

Check out the thread I started on it.
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showt...63#post2878163
Old 01-25-2011, 03:23 AM   #25
Rock Crawler

Well went out to run the Mini Rock Crawlers with a local buddy and just happened to find a spot that is awesome! I will try to get Irishgunslinger to go out with me and get som picks posted. I only see two concerns about this spot, one is it is on the lake bed so summer crawling will not be done without some extreme waterproofing and scuba gear. Second, you have to have a bit of clearance and maybe 4x4 (depending on conditions) and not worry about your paint to much. I will say though, the rock is awesome and I will get picks posted.
rockpayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 08:01 AM   #26
Rock Crawler

Anyone free this weekend? The weather is supposed to be nice.

I was planning on hitting the scaler spot behind bb barns in arden sunday afternoon between 1 and 3.

I'm open to finding new locations too.
engineerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 08:36 PM   #27
Quarry Creeper

I can be there. Call me if you cancel.