Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > North Carolina

Notices

Thread: WNC wheelers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2010, 04:09 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default WNC wheelers

this is for all the western north carolina area wheeling enthusiasts..

i am trying to form a local club to pool our resources for places to wheel in the western carolina area.. to possibly find a place that we can hold comps at... or just network more locally to find people to wheel with..

anyone within say a 1.5+ hour radius of asheville is encouraged to join... please post up so we can all get to know who's in our area better..

thanks
irishgunslinger1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2010, 04:29 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Hayesville here I run scalers only right now with my kids I might get another comp truck in the soon future, maybe next month
smokediver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 06:40 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

I am in Swannanoa, scalers , 2.2, 1.9.
Harleyrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 07:14 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

were doing a trial gt out at noc in the gorge. tomorrow.. and would love to get together on a regular basis...pm me and ill give ya my contact info
Old 10-28-2010, 05:49 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

I just moved to the area a couple weeks ago. I'm in Arden (south asheville).

I'd like to get my YJ scaler out sometime this weekend, post up if you know some good spots or want to meet up.
engineerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 06:12 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Default Asheville NC

I'm in West Asheville. Building an SCX10 right now. Waiting on wheels and tires. Anyway, I'm here! Also, heading down to the NCCrawler event in Spartanburg this weekend (Sunday the 16th). I'm not competing, but still going to make some friends and help with judging.
jkabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 05:37 AM   #7
Rock Stacker

idont think im gonna make the nc crawler comp.. were goin to the etrc comp at northshore
Old 01-17-2011, 03:22 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Mike we need to meet up at Rustys for a run sometime
smokediver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 04:32 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Thumbs up

Finally got the elctronincs together and the tires weighted. Bodies needs paint, but that will come. Anyway, she's ready to roll asap, so let's get together soon for an Asheville run.
Old 01-18-2011, 09:26 AM   #10
Rock Stacker

yeah . asheville run would be good...need to find a spot that isnt still covered in freakin snow... most of my usual spots out here are still wet and slushy...

pm me ur number and we'll see if we can get together,,,maybe next weeekend?
Old 01-18-2011, 09:28 AM   #11
Rock Stacker

yeah diver, i was over there satrday .. went to the etrc comp with him...still got snow all over his rock course... hopefully itlll clear this week some more.
Old 01-18-2011, 07:06 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Default Upcoming trip to Asheville

I looked on the NCRCCrawlers forum also, but saw this post and thought I would send a note to anyone subscribing....

I have a conference in Asheville (Crowne Plaza) starting this Sunday. Figured I would bring my scaler and XR10 rig, anyone recommend the best 1-2 spots near there?

Thanks,
G
fiveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 07:49 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

My course is all clear now with the rain today
rockpayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 06:04 AM   #14
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishgunslinger1 View Post
yeah diver, i was over there satrday .. went to the etrc comp with him...still got snow all over his rock course... hopefully itlll clear this week some more.

You know there's never snow on the Crawliseums' rocks! The Comp went well here, hopefully you'll make it down sometime.
I'll be in WNC alot again this summer ridin' and jeepin (now add Crawlin'), maybe I'll run into yall somewhere.
MikeBike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 08:43 AM   #15
Rock Stacker

Default wana

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBike View Post
You know there's never snow on the Crawliseums' rocks! The Comp went well here, hopefully you'll make it down sometime.
I'll be in WNC alot again this summer ridin' and jeepin (now add Crawlin'), maybe I'll run into yall somewhere.

mike . you got an utterly awesome set up there...im really envious...

id love to make it out that way and do some crawlin.... just holler if ya get out this way and we'll see what we can get into..
Old 01-19-2011, 10:44 AM   #16
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveo View Post
I looked on the NCRCCrawlers forum also, but saw this post and thought I would send a note to anyone subscribing....

I have a conference in Asheville (Crowne Plaza) starting this Sunday. Figured I would bring my scaler and XR10 rig, anyone recommend the best 1-2 spots near there?

Thanks,
G
If you are staying at the Crowne, there's a little bit of rock on the primary or secondary entrance to that hotel. Look in the ditch on the side of the road and if I'm not mistaken, they lined the whole thing with 6-8" rock. Its a start anyway.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:47 AM   #17
Quarry Creeper

Mike, I wanted to come, and was ready to drive to Spartanburg originally, but from Asheville to Albemarle.... couldn't convince myself to do it, especially since I was only going to spectate. However, I'm game on splittin gas and driving in the future with others that wanna make a field trip of sorts! So far, I only have a scaler, so I hope your place is scaler friendly!
Old 01-19-2011, 01:31 PM   #18
Rock Crawler

We need to find a scale/crawl spot in-between Murphy and Asheville so we can have some get togethers. I am into comp and scale and I have a pretty good spot here at my house (adding to it and making it bigger and better all the time) which is in Brasstown, NC (2 hours from Asheville). I am also in the process of starting a scale club for WNC that will include anyone that has a passion for RC crawling be it scale, bash, or comp crawlers. Keep your eyes peeled also for a TTC comp here at my house probably the first of June that will be the first comp of WNCSTR (Western North Crawlolina Scale Trail Runners ) So we all need to get together and get some new spots scouted and see what it takes to get permission to crawl on these spots and remember, first impressions are forever, so please be nice and polite ( even if the other person isn't ) and together maybe we can make this work and progress our sport in this area .
rockpayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 05:11 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

Give me enough notice and I can show up for anything...
vader2728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 06:45 AM   #20
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishgunslinger1 View Post
mike . you got an utterly awesome set up there...im really envious...

id love to make it out that way and do some crawlin.... just holler if ya get out this way and we'll see what we can get into..

Thanks alot.
You're welcome to come down anytime you get a wildhare and want to leave the snow for awhile. You'll be hearing from me this spring, WNC is where I spend a good bit of spring/summmer/fall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkabee View Post
Mike, I wanted to come, and was ready to drive to Spartanburg originally, but from Asheville to Albemarle.... couldn't convince myself to do it, especially since I was only going to spectate. However, I'm game on splittin gas and driving in the future with others that wanna make a field trip of sorts! So far, I only have a scaler, so I hope your place is scaler friendly!

I hear ya on the drive. For me Albehole to Asheville is about a 3 hr. ride and a no brainer, it's Asheville! But from there to here, not so much... Except to leave the snow!
Scaler friendly? I started working on it yesterday, I've got 5 acres and creeks to add a scaler trail to the Crawliseums' facilities.

There's also a smaller one.

Last edited by MikeBike; 01-20-2011 at 07:25 AM.
MikeBike is offline   Reply With Quote