Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > North Carolina

Notices

Thread: Attention Carolina Rock Crawlers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2006, 10:01 AM   #61
Pebble Pounder

I'll goto Mooresville with ya. Uwharrie is pretty kick ace, used to go there in my Samurai, it,s five dollars for a day pass for a 1.1 or atv don't know about rc though. Well used to be might have gone up its been three years since I sold the Zuk. You can drive to most of the places in Uwharrie also.
HaPtOAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2006, 09:52 AM   #62
Rock Stacker

I used to do Uwharrie in my 1:1 jeep all the time. Most of the rocks in there are down the trail from the main parking area's but it would be a decent place and would probably get more people into the hobby. Think of it, some guys with full size jeeps and such riding down the trail and stumbling across us with our rock toys. I can hear the redneck voices now...." Man, Bubba....I Got to have me one of them there things". Faith has some nice rocky areas. there are a lot of granite rocks in the yard of the school right there on Faith road which is the main drag through the middle of town. and as for Granite Quarry it is true that this is just the name of the town. All of the quarry's surrounding the area are off limits to tresspassers. We would get ran off if caught at them.
Tonsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 05:30 PM   #63
Quarry Creeper

If anyone wants to try Uwharrie, I'll go with them. If you know the places to go, I'll go. Just hope I can get my MGT's in before then.....
hvydty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 07:38 PM   #64
Rock Crawler

uwharrie it is.when are we going?got some ideas on the logo got to get them drawn up though.
EMUTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 05:37 PM   #65
Rock Crawler

i got a logo drew up its here http://www.putfile.com/emutt check it out let me know what you think. just click on the logo.almost forgot my scanner didnt make the colors right "runners"is supposed to be safety orange.

Last edited by EMUTT; 04-26-2006 at 05:57 PM.
Old 04-26-2006, 09:23 PM   #66
Rock Stacker

Dang Nice job on the Logo. I like that a lot. It sure beats the thing I had drawn
Old 04-27-2006, 06:00 AM   #67
Rock Crawler

Thanks alot Tonsa hope everyone fills the same working on another project for back of t-shirt.kinda like a tour date shirt with the dates of our get togethers,and maybe even some comps. will post pics when im finished.
Old 04-27-2006, 05:52 PM   #68
Rock Crawler

well i got a rough sketch of the t-shirt back www.putfile.com/emutt tell me what you think.the get togethers and comp dates will be carved into the rock that the truck is on.
Old 04-27-2006, 06:46 PM   #69
Pebble Pounder

Thats freakin cool. I like it lot. I got some pics but no net.
Old 04-27-2006, 06:50 PM   #70
Rock Crawler

thanks alot hap,thats three good comments no bad ones.should i start on a finished pic,maybe even a shirt?the logo on front left side,picture on back.what you think?
Old 04-27-2006, 07:04 PM   #71
Quarry Creeper

Well, personally, I think it sux! LOL! There, your first bad comment. LOL! Na dude, I like it. You live too close to dis your drawings! By the way, When and where do ya'll want to go crawling? I got heap-o-goodies I added, and I want to go break something. LOL! I'm free next Saturday if anyone else is. Somebody say where and I'm there.
Old 04-27-2006, 07:46 PM   #72
Rock Crawler

oh sorry my FINGER slipped. lol thanks.
Old 04-27-2006, 08:10 PM   #73

Just joining in on this but I Have a ho hum 1:18 that needs some hobby electronics and a stock as hell 1:6 Nylint.

saving up to buy soem nice clod axles and and a NN all at once and build a real crawler. But I would definately come out and play, even bring the 1:1 exploder to car rigs and people to the place you want to crawl.

Honestly at Uwharrie I would stay well away from the OHV trails as there are way to many idiots around that dont always stay on the trail.... I would hate to see someones junk smashed to pieces by an ATV or Dirtbike.

I know that up and down the sides of the Uwharrie river are really rocky, there is a huge rocky area down past the Daniel Trail Head. And if you want to play in some jagged shale dusty as hell rock there is a place on out toward Deepwater Horse Camp that is a part of the old OHV trail system that is shut down now. Let me know whats goin on and i can be there.
Exploderpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 11:00 AM   #74
Pebble Pounder

Whos going this Sat and what about next time, Uwharrie
Old 04-28-2006, 03:31 PM   #75
Rock Stacker

Maybe I missed something but are we going somewhere this Saturday....as in tomorrow? If so please post tonight so i can get my crap charged up
Old 04-28-2006, 04:31 PM   #76
Pebble Pounder

March 18th
April 8th
April 29th
May 20th
June 10th
July 1st ? Many people may be away this weekend
July 22nd
August 12th
September 2nd
September 23rd
October 14th

Brando had this set up didn't know if anybody was going or not or even where.
Old 04-28-2006, 06:26 PM   #77
Rock Crawler

We are going to head to a little spot in Mooresville tomorrow morning. If anyone wants to go let me know. I can get you some directions. It's probably not worth the ride for you northerners. It's just a little spot. But if you want to come down let me know.
BrandO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 06:33 PM   #78
Pebble Pounder

The BUll Hole ain't really that far away so if mooresville sucks we can hit that.
Old 04-28-2006, 07:46 PM   #79
Quarry Creeper

I can't go tomorrow, no where near ready, installing GD 600 and a set of MGT/BFT tires(YES!). I can go next Sat (6th). But this weekend is repair week.
Old 04-28-2006, 07:47 PM   #80
Rock Crawler

cant make it this weekend.striped out a servo this week.got to redue the steering links and get some servo savers.maybe next time.