Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > North Carolina

Notices

Thread: Attention Carolina Rock Crawlers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2006, 08:42 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Attention Carolina Rock Crawlers

There has been some talk of starting a club here in North Carolina. Seems we have a number of crawlers in the area. With a little organization I think we can bring everyone together.

I ran the RC race track where I used to live. I was also the president of our racing club. So I have a basic understanding on how a club works. Once we get a group together we can decide who would like to run things. I don't suggest anything to fancy. Just a simple club to provide a little organization. I am willing to get the ball rolling.

To start I recomend we pick some dates for our get togethers. This will give something for everyone to shoot for. And others will know what day they can join us and where. Here is a list of dates I threw together. It comes out to every third Saturday.

March 18th
April 8th
April 29th
May 20th
June 10th
July 1st ? Many people may be away this weekend
July 22nd
August 12th
September 2nd
September 23rd
October 14th

We can start out going to the Bullhole. Most know where it is. And it is a pretty nice place to crawl. But it would be nice to scout a few other places to go. If anyone knows of good spots let us know. It has to be someplace where a group of us wouldn't be a problem. In other words no private property where we could be kicked out.

Once we get rolling I will ask that our club be listed here on RCC. This should help to get more guys out on the rocks. I have lots of ideas. But I would like to hear what everyone else has to say.
BrandO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2006, 06:51 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

I guess that answers that question. Nobody wants to form a club. No problem, one less thing for me to do.
Old 04-01-2006, 02:55 PM   #3

Brando,

Hi my name is Shane Jenkins from Indian Trail, NC (right outside of Charlotte). I just now saw your post about getting a "club" together. I'm definitly interested. I have a highly modded 1/18 nylint and am in the build-up of my tlt Rock Buster dubbed "crawldaddy". HAHAHA Let me know if your still interested in the club thing. If not maybe we can at least get together for a lil crawling.
hXcCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 05:25 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

hey u can chalk one more up for the club.sounds good to me if your still interrested.
EMUTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 06:11 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

You Know i am in. Sorry for late post but i just havent checked the get together post for a while. I will be there on the 8th and hopefully will have my Son's TLT by then. Bought servo's for it yesterday.
Tonsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 06:35 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Me! Me! I'm in! I want to!
hvydty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 08:08 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

I would be in, I might not be able to make it to all the comps or what not but I would atleast be interested.
CuriousGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 08:26 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

Hey guys, I almost forgot about this post. Nobody jumped on the idea of a club right away. The main reason was to organize some dates. Then hopefully new people would have some target dates to shoot for. As we all know crawling with a group is more fun than going solo.

Lately I have been working some crazy hours. This week I was up over 65 hours. So spare time is a little short for me right now. If we are planning on the 8th I will plan to be there. I need to order a few items from Tower to get ready. If they have the parts in stock I will be back in Business. Otherwise my trusty SW2 will have to do. Brian and I had a blast playing follow the leader with our little TLT's. To bad he kicked my butt.

We have had fun on our outings. With more crawlers it will only get better. If everyone wants to follow the dates I posted I am all in. If we get enough maybe we can plan a freindly comp by the end of the summer. We could get some trophies, door prizes, and yes food. Maybe my wife will come along and cook for us. Let me know what ya'll think.
Old 04-02-2006, 10:38 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

I think it would be a great idea. The dates seem to be good for me, unless we have a major FUBAR at work. I'm for it. Just say the word and I'm there.
Old 04-03-2006, 10:35 AM   #10
Rock Crawler

i'm in,dont know if i will have my truck ready by the 8th.but maybe a miricle will happen. any ideas on a club name?
Old 04-03-2006, 04:55 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

I'm there sign me up. ha ha how about RoCk RaPErS... not really
HaPtOAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 09:45 PM   #12
Rock Stacker

I can't make it the 8th. My crawler isn't finished yet that Ryan is building, and I work. I need atleast 3 weeks in advance notice to get days off.
CuriousGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 09:34 PM   #13
Rock Stacker

To all of you that usually show up with our bunch, I finally got the DVD finished. It is far from perfect and I could't fit it all in the absolute best quality so it is 1 notch down from best quality. Even at that setting i had over 6 gig worth of file, so DVD Shrink took it down to a 4.7 gig file. It is 1 hour 47 min long and as much as i wanted to put all redneck music on it, I just couldnt. It is all rock. My intention of doing this was so that you all would have every spec of footage that I have on my PC instead of just the edited versions that are small enough to put on the web. I will make copies for all of you. Please reply or send me a PM if you are coming this Saturday so I will know how many to have ready. It may also be good to give some kind of idea if your DVD player will play DVD -R discs. Some of the older players won't. I have plenty of those discs but i have very few DVD +R's which almost all players will play.
Old 04-05-2006, 11:36 AM   #14
Rock Crawler

Hell, What's a DVD? After all I am still on dial up. This is to cutting edge for me. Will I be able to watch it on my 286 Tandy computer.

Just kidding, see ya Saturday.

Last edited by BrandO; 04-05-2006 at 11:38 AM.
Old 04-06-2006, 06:02 AM   #15
Rock Crawler

The weather isn't looking very good for Saturday. We will have to keep an eye on it. But right now it's looking like Saturday is going to be wet. If it rains we can plan on the following Saturday. But that is Easter weekend, So not sure who will be around.
Old 04-06-2006, 03:47 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

Next Saturday sounds like it might be a better idea. But then again, with this weather, who knows? I am waiting on parts, so, I can't make it this Saturday anyway.
Old 04-06-2006, 07:16 PM   #17
Rock Stacker

Im gonna be there anyway and try to wait the rain out. It is supposed to rain friday night and Saturday morning and be tapering off Saturday from what I hear so i'm still going. Someone bring a Dozer and we will move those rocks in the parking lot underneath the shelter LOL
Old 04-06-2006, 07:22 PM   #18
Rock Crawler

well its official i cant make it.tower is being kinda slow on delivery,however next weekend sounds like a plan man.the MUTT should be ready by then ''heres to good wishing''.lol.maybe some of those dvd's will be left.see you guys next weekend i hope. anymore word on the club?
Old 04-07-2006, 06:30 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

I'm down with the club thing. The morre the merrier.
scruff007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 06:53 PM   #20
Rock Crawler

Looks like I am out for tomorrow. I have a bunch of things to get wrapped up before I start my new job. I landed a position with Evernham motorsports in there fab shop. I need to get my tool box in order. Not to mention the weather is looking rather crappy. Let me know if we want to move it to the following Saturday.

I was thinking about the club thing. I guess first step is to come up with a name for our little club. I was thinking "Carolina RC Rock Crawlers". The Initials would end up CRCRC. Let me know what ya'll think.

Once we get the name settled I can post our club in the club listings. I think we fill all there criteria for getting listed. And I have the vendors star that will be needed to get listed.

We can make up a logo for our club. Does someone have graphics know how? Then we can setup a free Cafe Press account and get some t-shirts made. And for that matter whatever else we want with the logo. Just don't let Randy get one of the thongs.

And if we are serious about this we can do up a simple web page. We could post info about our get togethers. Post up some pictures. And let new people know how to find us.