Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > North Carolina

Notices

Thread: Lookin for some people to crawl with Asheville nc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2013, 07:43 PM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Lookin for some people to crawl with Asheville nc

Glad to see some people posting... I also got a message from a guy in SC that is having a fun run this weekend for anyone interested. He said about 1 hour south of Asheville. Last week they had 6 rigs and they welcome anyone else that may be interested in joining. I'll post the details on here in a minute.
jkabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2013, 07:54 PM   #22
Rock Crawler

Jkabee actually it's next week not this weekend. Sorry for any misunderstanding.
hatefulboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:56 PM   #23
Quarry Creeper

my bad... i guess i shouldn't be reading email and driving.... I'm building now, so I won't make it... But you can count me in for the future... I just want to get this area organized for pete's sake. why should the west coast have all the fun????????????????????????
jkabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:08 PM   #24
Quarry Creeper

I would love a get together of some sort. With my work schedule I'm off on Thursday and Friday. Anytime y'all have a get together on those days just let me know...
vader2728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:08 AM   #25
Quarry Creeper

I am in Sylva and would be willing to drive to Asheville for some good crawling/scaling. Once I finish my Creeper buggy.
SStone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:58 AM   #26
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by vader2728 View Post
I would love a get together of some sort. With my work schedule I'm off on Thursday and Friday. Anytime y'all have a get together on those days just let me know...

Well,Thursdays and Fridays (any weekday) I'd have to be her ewhen the kids get off school,but otherwise I'm legally disabled/a housedad,if it didn't conflict with any d[c or other apt's o rwhen I'm having a random bad day (with old spinal injuries...those days walking is iffy) and you guys were a bit north I could come too...after the tax refund comes (I mean,after it's blown,otherwise I'll be out blowing it ) maybe we orta all make some plans,even if it's all the way down (I'll set aside some gas money )...y'all just lemme know if you want me to come too,at the very least I can check what that day looks like
The DC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 06:42 PM   #27

I'm little east of ashville, between Swannanoa & asheville.
I,m also new to the crawling game. i got a TRX4 & i'm also looking for some places to crawl or just have some fun with other crawlers
crazymaddog95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 09:35 AM   #28
Pebble Pounder

Im from Candler and we moved to Marion 3 years ago. I have 2 custom built CC01 that i built and a scale custom toyota tundra scale truck and a Stick Super that i built a few years ago, I am starting to build my SCX10 II that I got last christmas . Ive been out of it a while and want to start back. i would love to meet up and crawl.
Harleyrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 07:27 PM   #29
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleyrocker View Post
Im from Candler and we moved to Marion 3 years ago. I have 2 custom built CC01 that i built and a scale custom toyota tundra scale truck and a Stick Super that i built a few years ago, I am starting to build my SCX10 II that I got last christmas . Ive been out of it a while and want to start back. i would love to meet up and crawl.
That great man I've been itching to do some trail running as well I've want to go to catawba falls in old fort for along time. Maybe we can get up some time this fall

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Constant Threat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 09:21 PM   #30
Pebble Pounder

Sounds good Constant Threat. Ill get my brother to come and his friend too. Will be fun. Im recovering from achilles tendon surgery so it will be a little longer before im able to walk around .
Old 06-02-2018, 11:06 PM   #31

Hey, I'm Asheville local and picked up a scx10 today, went up on the parkway and did a little trail. It would be nice to find some people around that would want to go as a group.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
standishjosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 06:52 PM   #32

New to crawling and live in Marion NC. Anyone else still around who wants to crawl?
jjkirby79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 10:39 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjkirby79 View Post
New to crawling and live in Marion NC. Anyone else still around who wants to crawl?

I’m in Asheville always down for some crawling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
standishjosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 09:53 AM   #34
RCC Addict

Any of you guys still crawling in the Asheville area? I will be up there for a week during Christmas and bringing the crawlers. Have located some good spots, but don't know if park rangers are cool with RC trucks.
AnimalHippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 07:03 PM   #35
Pebble Pounder

I am still in Msrion and would love to find some guys to crawl with. i need to just go scout some areas. theres a lot of cool places around, just have to find them.
Old 11-28-2020, 09:57 AM   #36
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleyrocker View Post
I am still in Msrion and would love to find some guys to crawl with. i need to just go scout some areas. theres a lot of cool places around, just have to find them.
I found allot of places while I was up there. Didn't get to crawl much tho. I know there's a group called Fairview scale trails. Pre pandemic they were crawling once a week. I found that out from a guy at the local hobby shop. Use Google maps on the web and the use the satellite view. That's how I scout for crawl spots. Damn near any hiking trail to the West of Asheville is going to have some good crawling. Good luck brother! Next time we get up there I'll hit you up! Have a good one!!!
AnimalHippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 03:09 PM   #37
Pebble Pounder

sounds good animal.
Old 12-08-2020, 07:55 PM   #38
Quarry Creeper

Craggy Gardens is close to Asheville on the Blue Ridge Parkway and is a nice spot to trail crawl at. Not a lot of super tough spots to crawl, but it's fun. I enjoyed myself there with a 2.2 Scaler. A 1.9 might be a little more difficult to drive around there...
vader2728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 12:15 PM   #39
Pebble Pounder

There aren't a lot of purpose built crawling areas here. Backer Patch in Mars Hill has some purpose built crawling trails, but there are literally hundreds of miles of hiking trails in this area you can explore and crawl on.

Big Rock in DuPont State Forest is a great one to do, just watch for and be respectful of other trail users. There are a ton of interesting rocky, rooty trails in Pisgah, also. I've heard Coontree is good. For shorter loops, North Slope or Sycamore is good. You could also do Cat Gap or John's Rock. The bottom of Pilot Rock has a massive rock garden that would be cool to play on. Craggy Gardens and Mt Pisgah seem to be common spots, also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalHippie View Post
I found allot of places while I was up there. Didn't get to crawl much tho. I know there's a group called Fairview scale trails. Pre pandemic they were crawling once a week. I found that out from a guy at the local hobby shop. Use Google maps on the web and the use the satellite view. That's how I scout for crawl spots. Damn near any hiking trail to the West of Asheville is going to have some good crawling. Good luck brother! Next time we get up there I'll hit you up! Have a good one!!!
The guy that runs those trails shut them down, I believe. He got into oval racing or something similar and they stopped crawling. I also believe the FB group was closed and made private.
Shinook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 08:18 PM   #40
Rock Stacker

Check out DLB trails on fb. Awesome place from the pics I've seen. 2hrs away from me just haven't made it yet. They do comps and get togethers.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk
freakylee77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lookin for some people to crawl with Asheville nc - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
looking for people to crawl with bigred_21_honda Newbie General 7 01-02-2010 11:41 PM
lookin 2 crawl this weekend skummdogg Texas 3 06-27-2009 05:37 PM