RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   North Carolina (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/north-carolina/)
-   -   Lookin for some people to crawl with Asheville nc (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/north-carolina/358528-lookin-some-people-crawl-asheville-nc.html)

Constant Threat 01-08-2012 05:35 PM

Lookin for some people to crawl with Asheville nc

I live in Arden and I'm looking for some people to crawl with for fun or possibly a comp if we can get organized post here if interested.

ravencr 01-09-2012 05:29 AM

Re: Lookin for some people to crawl with Asheville nc

I live in Boone and am just getting into the sport with a LNC.

Chris

Constant Threat 01-09-2012 04:45 PM

I'm also new and have a LCC. are you ever in the Asheville area on the weekends?

ravencr 01-09-2012 04:53 PM

I'd be game for something in the middle if it existed. :) There's gotta be something along the parkway somewhere, right? I've just never explored it.

Chris

Constant Threat 01-09-2012 05:19 PM

I'm not sure of any spots but I'm willing to drive do you know any one else that would be interested

vader2728 01-09-2012 05:54 PM

I live in Bryson City. Bout an hour from Asheville. As far as I can tell there aren't too many of us in this end of the state. I have been running my scalers down around Lake Fontana now that it's drawn down for the winter. More scaler type terrain than comp worthy. Besides that I've been heading to South Carolina and a few spots in Georgia to give the rigs a workout.

GMtech1 01-09-2012 06:15 PM

If I still lived In Morganton I would come meet up, but I'm just too far away now.

ravencr 01-09-2012 06:23 PM

So I guess somebody needs to do some scouting somewhere in the middle. :)

Chris

rockpayne 01-14-2012 10:21 PM

If you do not mind a little bit of a drive I have a crawling area next to my shop that is around 15 to 20 tons of natural rock I have hauled in (adding more as I can) and I have another natural rock area that I am cleaning up for scale and comp crawling. Shoot me a pm to exchange numbers and we can chat it up about crawlers and trying to get the club "Western North Carolina Scale Trail Runners" going. "thumbsup"

ravencr 01-15-2012 12:54 PM

Where is your place?

Chris

jkabee 01-22-2012 06:42 PM

I live in Asheville and (should be) moving to Hendersonville in the next few months. I don't have a crawler yet, but like the scale rigs. I'll be putting together a class 2/3 scaler over the next few months and will be ready for Spring. I like the Lake Fontana idea. I've been there before and you are right, that place would be heven for running scalers. We'll have to meet up sometime to do that. I'll be building a scaler course in my backyard in Hendersonville over the spring and perhaps even a mild crawler course. Other areas of interest are Triple Falls, not too far from the parkway in Dupont Forest. The bottom of the falls area where you park has some of the best looking scaler/crawler terrain I've ever seen in these parts. Plenty of parking too, so it would be a great place to have a comp.

ravencr 01-22-2012 06:47 PM

Very cool...one of these days I'll take a drive up the parkway towards Asheville and search out some spots.

Chris

gotlocker 02-26-2012 10:39 PM

New to this site - just started puttin my Wraith on its lid in the hillz of Hendersonville towards Lake Lure, lookin to find some people that R-N-2 scale crawlers near Hendersonville. have full machine shop with plenty of natural terrain to crawl on......METZ!

Constant Threat 02-27-2012 05:30 PM

I live here in Arden I don't have a scaler I have a crawler seon has a bad ass spot for scale and crawling I went over there this past weekend and had a blast http://img.tapatalk.com/4afabff4-2029-52ed.jpg

jkabee 01-08-2013 02:13 PM

You guys still looking for more scalers? I'm in Hendersonville.

The DC 01-08-2013 03:39 PM

I'm just north of y'all in TN...I was in Boone Saturday,takes 1.5 hours but it's only 55-60 miles,if you roll up this way gimme a hollar :)

jkabee 01-08-2013 06:09 PM

Hello DC. I may just have to do that.... I think getting people together around here is a lost cause sometimes! We definitely do not have the number of scalers or events around here as they do in the west.

The DC 01-08-2013 06:36 PM

You got my PM "thumbsup"

vader2728 01-08-2013 10:39 PM

I only run scalers. Where do you go scaling at around Buncombe county. I live in Bryson City about an hour away...

Seon97 01-09-2013 05:19 AM

Hey constant how did your scale run go. Sory i missed out. Finally ordered shafts for the scxhoncho. When they get in maybe we can try it out on my rock pile. Should get my wraiyh up and running to.
Monty"thumbsup"