Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > North Carolina

Notices

Thread: NC, our section is dead...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2013, 10:16 AM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: NC, our section is dead...

I would also like to add, that everyone is welcome to post pictures of r/c projects, trail runs, home courses and whatever else fits with this discussion.

Last edited by SStone; 02-15-2013 at 10:19 AM.
SStone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-2013, 08:52 PM   #22
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SStone View Post
I would also like to add, that everyone is welcome to post pictures of r/c projects, trail runs, home courses and whatever else fits with this discussion.
I will throw in some pics to get things started then.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
Got_Demo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 05:00 AM   #23
Quarry Creeper

I see that you received the rock bouncer chassis from looneybin. Looks great man!

My TH is supposed to arrive today. I'll toss some pics of it and my Venom buggy up later. Also rearranged my rocks in the back yard to be a little more rollover friendly. I had them on a bank in the back, but 4ft flops onto rocks tends to break parts a little too often....
Old 02-16-2013, 10:41 AM   #24
Rock Crawler

If somebody gets something together on a Saturday and I'm off work maybe I can get a few guys from down here to car pool up to Ash. I don't mind the drive. I used to drive to Bervard to race oval.
hatefulboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:11 PM   #25
Rock Crawler

I will try to get something going pretty soon, once a month maybe. I am glad to see more people getting into scale and comp rigs both, the course here at the shop is good for both, not great but good. I set up comp courses and they look easy but are still a challenge. Scale is pretty tough and I think once the trail is done it will be more fun, now with just the rocks at the shop people get bored in about three hours ( if they can crawl all my lines! )
rockpayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:42 PM   #26
Rock Crawler

You da man rusty, hopefully ill be able to make it back down your way soon. Its been to long
Constant Threat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:44 PM   #27

I'm in Asheville as well currently building a super bully hopefully be done soon would love to get together and crawl
flashdjse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:17 AM   #28
RCC Addict

Good to see a few of the WNC guys getting into it. You can always check out ncrccrawlers.com as most of us in NC that still get together post over there. Not a ton of us still around but there are a few.

Hope your get togethers go well. It is a little too far for most of us to travel right now but post up, you never know who may show.
CRSMacgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:54 AM   #29
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRSMacgyver View Post
Good to see a few of the WNC guys getting into it. You can always check out ncrccrawlers.com as most of us in NC that still get together post over there. Not a ton of us still around but there are a few.

Hope your get togethers go well. It is a little too far for most of us to travel right now but post up, you never know who may show.
I check NCRCC every once in a while but it seemed real slow over there last time I logged in.

Although that is a good reminder to check there more often.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:22 AM   #30
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
I see that you received the rock bouncer chassis from looneybin. Looks great man!
Oh yes, Looney did an amazing job on it, couldnt be happier. Just got it rough wired in and the shocks are attached with zip ties but I couldnt wait so I ran it around a little yesterday. Have to say Im pretty happy with the Sidewinder SCT and 4 pole 3300. Its not built as a crawler so the setup works real well in it so far. A little tuning with CastleLink and it will be even better.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:51 AM   #31
Rock Crawler

Here's some of my current rigsmy j-fab v6 berg
my fastback losi
and my scx-10
Constant Threat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:13 AM   #32
Quarry Creeper

Well I sprayed my "old" homebuilt Venom based buggy chassis Krylon Watermelon for my little one. She really likes it now...

Apologies in advance for fuzzy pictures. Didn't realize that my camera resolution was set for a 5x7 photo... Next pictures should be much more clear.

These are all action shots. YES, she did actually drive over me... I passed her going up the only tough obstacle and then she ran me over!!!!!

Follow the leader...

Move it old man!!!!!

Last edited by SStone; 02-24-2013 at 08:07 AM.
Old 02-24-2013, 01:23 PM   #33
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
I would like for us to be able to coordinate some G6 style events, even if it's bragging-rights only. No rules, run what ya brung and just have fun type of thing.
I have been looking into the G6 rules a little and I think you are on to something there. Just for fun style gtg so we can all meet new people and break a few parts. Time is limited with me only being in NC on weekends but I need to get out and do some guy stuff every so often.

Old 02-24-2013, 08:04 PM   #34
Rock Stacker

Hey all, I'm in Concord, NC and am new to the whole RC/crawler thing. I have an Axial XR 10 and I'm still in the build phase and trying to figure this all out. Any good spots to crawl around Concord/Charlotte area? I bought this thing without really thinking about where I would run it. Once I get some more experience I would be interested in possibly doing a comp or something. I'd be down to travel for a get together too
LooseMoose1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:44 AM   #35
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got_Demo View Post
I have been looking into the G6 rules a little and I think you are on to something there. Just for fun style gtg so we can all meet new people and break a few parts. Time is limited with me only being in NC on weekends but I need to get out and do some guy stuff every so often.

Yeah, I feel that the scale comps have WAY too many stupid rules. G6's seem a bit more lax.

In my opinion; if someone wants to build a trailable rig with MOA, I don't care to run trails or compete against something like that. Heck, someone competed in the 1:1 KOH LCQ (Last Chance Qualifier) with an electric-powered buggy a few years back... Just an example.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:44 AM   #36
Quarry Creeper

Currently building....

SCX-10 Dingo Kit ,Stock WB
NB Jeep TJ, comp cut
1.9 Axial beadlocks
PitBull Rock Beasts
Axial Soft Springs
3Racing Winch
Axial AX-2 ESC
RC4WD 45T motor
Turnigy 2200mah 7.2v
Custom Aluminum front bumper and rollcage

Soon to be scaling in a place near YOU....

jkabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:30 AM   #37
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkabee View Post
Currently building....

Soon to be scaling in a place near YOU....
That thing looks killer! Scale Jeep TJ/JK/YJ builds are among my favorite.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:31 AM   #38
Quarry Creeper

Well the little one killed the ring and pinion in the rear Venom CRAPPER (ooops, I meant Creeper) axle yesterday. Pretty sad when those axles only last a month on 7.2-7.4 volts and an RC4WD 35t motor..... Wasn't very hard on it and it was never powered through any tough binds. Just some (incredibly slow) rock bouncing. Guess Venom axles can't handle an extremely underpowered 7.5-8lb rig...

I remember running 9.6v nicells in my first gen scx10 with a heavy throttle finger and a cranked slipper clutch with zero axle issues.

Was planning on ordering some 3S batteries for us this morning but now I get to try and source an SCX10 rear axle with the plastic 4-link truss (Honcho?) for $40 shipped....

Unless I can trade off this Novak Timbuk 2 Wraith Edition 13.5t combo for some SCX10 axles and an SCX10 transmission.... and possibly some 120MM aluminum shocks. Wish me luck...

Last edited by SStone; 02-26-2013 at 06:36 AM.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:53 AM   #39
Rock Stacker

I wouldn't mind coming to get a GTG depending on location but right now I'm still working on getting my honcho back running.
CuriousGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:44 AM   #40
RCC Addict

Anybody considered the uwharrie national forest? I went there 2weeks ago to camp and its loaded with orv trails and lots of awesome natural rock formations. When rthe weather warms up ill def be going again for some scaler action. Im in jacksonville so pretty far from pretty much everywhere...

Last edited by kaneohecrawler; 02-26-2013 at 10:51 AM.
kaneohecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote

NC, our section is dead... - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Do any noobs in the wanted section read the 4 sale section? Unimoger Chit Chat 11 01-24-2006 12:21 PM