RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   North Carolina (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/north-carolina/)
-   -   Scale Crawlers in Raleigh/Wake Forest area (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/north-carolina/471717-scale-crawlers-raleigh-wake-forest-area.html)

MarlboroMan7 11-30-2013 12:17 PM

Scale Crawlers in Raleigh/Wake Forest area

We got a couple of us who get together in Raleigh and Wake Forest. We ar lookin for a bigger group together for some trail rides or if we get enough people we can organize a scale comp in the area. We have about 4 solid spots that we could get a days worth of fun out of each. Already got a 25 gate course up at 1 location in Wake Forest with a little of everything (mud,water, rocks, dirt, hill climb, ect. ) a crawler would want. Lets get some feedback from you NC guys

Cr00zah 12-01-2013 06:36 AM

Re: Scale Crawlers in Raleigh/Wake Forest area

And there's several of us in southern Wake who go out regularly. Where do you guys organize your rides? on FB or ?

ranger00438 12-01-2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cr00zah (Post 4570039)
And there's several of us in southern Wake who go out regularly. Where do you guys organize your rides? on FB or ?

We are just now reaching out to other rc crawler enthusiasts. We haven't tried to put anything together in the past. We are available every Wednesday and Sunday. Like marlboroman said we do have nice little area to play in with a mix of obstacles including a 25 gate course. Nothing amazing but a good half days worth of excitement. If anybody is interested just simply post on this thread and we will provide directions. Its in the Wakefield area. We are also willing to drive elsewhere if others have key spots.

JKMICK 12-05-2013 04:49 PM

I know I'm a little far out from your location, I'm from Kings Mountain NC and would be willing to make a weekend trip of it. Wouldn't be able to make the mid-week outing, but a Saturday or Sunday will always work for me.

Send me directions.

willyrocket 12-05-2013 05:43 PM

Get to Raleigh/Chapel Hill least once a month. Would be down for a weekend outing, probably starting after holiday rush is over......

willyrocket 12-05-2013 05:48 PM

Will be in Chapel Hill this weekend if anyone is goin out, would love to watch, no rigs complete at this point.....

ergo60sx 01-03-2014 07:14 PM

Ranger, I'm interested in your location. Also interested in trail running with some local guys around here. I'm in the Raleigh area and was told about a group of guys getting together next Sat. January 11th at 10am at the Haw river canoe Putin on hwy 64 just up from Jordan Lake. I plan on going out to this get together and would also love to run some other places with you guys. Please inform us of when and where we can meet up at. Thanks........Ken

willyrocket 01-04-2014 01:11 PM

just came back from there......this time of year is better, since there are no water moccasins"thumbsup"

BluFalcon 08-17-2014 07:57 PM

Hey, guys.
I'm just getting back into crawling after being out for about 2 years. When is the next time you guys are meeting up?
I live in Apex, so I'd be up for anything around RDU, Jordan Lake, Haw River, etc..
I have more of a comp rig, so hopefully you guys don't object.

Thanks!

new2rocks 08-18-2014 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BluFalcon (Post 4867514)
Hey, guys. I'm just getting back into crawling after being out for about 2 years. When is the next time you guys are meeting up? I live in Apex, so I'd be up for anything around RDU, Jordan Lake, Haw River, etc.. I have more of a comp rig, so hopefully you guys don't object. Thanks!

Welcome back! I would encourage you to join the North Carolina RC Crawlers FB group, which is definitely the most active group I've seen in the area. People tend to use that more than this forum to arrange informal GTGs. Since I got back into the hobby earlier this year, I have been getting together fairly regularly with a couple of folks that I met through that group, but we're much more on the scale end (mostly SCX10s, a Wraith or two, and starting to branch into even more scale rigs with hardbodies). We do mostly trails with a bit of rocks mixed in. Probably wouldn't be much fun for a comp rig. I haven't seen or heard of much comp activity in the area at all. If you end up doing more of a scale rig, let the FB group know and I'm sure you'll be welcome to join one of the GTGs.

andy0506 09-06-2014 08:58 PM

Hey everyone, Im in Jacksonville area looking for people to go crawling/trailing with. How do I get information on where and when you guys to out on the weekend? You can also text me at 910-320-1319.

emaxxjohn25 03-13-2017 08:37 PM

Do you guys still run in the raleigh wakeforest area?

ussprinceton2004 10-19-2017 05:30 AM

I live in Durham, NC

StrykeTwo 12-03-2017 06:19 AM

I am in Zebulon. Hit me up.