Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > North Carolina

Notices

Thread: New guy here. Greensboro

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2015, 09:15 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default New guy here. Greensboro

I'm new here so I figured I'd introduce myself.my name is Rodney. Fairly new to rc crawlers but not new to rc in general. Currently starting construction of a crawler coarse in my back yard gonna have tons of rocks, sand pit and since we're in Carolina, some red clay. And hopefully looking to meet up with some other people in the future to do some crawling maby at some spots around nc.
Bugs Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2015, 03:34 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: New guy here. Greensboro

Welcome to the addiction ;). My name is Nathan been in the rc crawler/scale scene for a while. Still try to get out at least once a month and do some gtgs or comps.
EMUTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 10:53 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

Welcome!

Theres a comp nest Saturday (17th) in Fairview. Its a great place to meet everybody, great group of people here. And to run your rig, you dont have to compete just can play around if you like but the comps are super fun and its not complicated at all someones always there to help you out.

Hope to see you on the trails soon.
Cr4wl3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 09:00 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

I checked out the post on the comp next weekend in fairview. I may try to come down with my little girl, as long as I don't end up having to work.She is really into RC right now always wanting to watch vids on you tube and keeps begging me to buy her a rig of her own. So this might be a good chance for her to check out some trucks other than mine and good chance for me to meet some other people in the hobby.
Old 10-11-2015, 11:21 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Wow ok well I did a little more research and I guess I should have typed actual address into search instead of just searching "fairview" nc. Turns out that there are 2 fairview nc's and the first one I looked up was only like hour and 20 min from the house but the actual event is more like 3 hrs. So I will not be able to attend. I'll have to just wait till something a little closer.. I've read mixed reviews about pilot mountain crawling? And I don't know if anyone ever goes to uwharrie but I used to go there every other weekend when I had my 1:1 rig. I still like to go camping there every now and then. Seems like could find some low traffic spots around there to have some fun.

So with all that being said would anyone be up for a trip in the future to pilot mtn or uwharrie?
Old 10-11-2015, 02:17 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

welcome from elkin, nc. I doubt the comp is in fairview that is close to me, nothing there lol. Have u been to stone mtn nc yet?
obxbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 05:31 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Nope I ain't been to stone mtn yet. Is it pretty good there? That's only about hour and 45 min from me to the state park there. Been wanting to get in another camping trip in this year with my little girl before it gets to cold. And bring along the wraith to hit some trails.
I really haven't been able to find anybody locally to go anywhere. My bother inlaw is planning to purchase a crawler soon so that will be one more in this addiction. It would be cool if could arrange a g2g with some people while I was at it.
Old 10-11-2015, 05:35 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

you camp in tent or camper? stone mtn is great camping and trail driving. very quiet and peaceful.
Old 10-11-2015, 05:38 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Camp In tent. I have access to pop up and a motor home but Ive always enjoyed camping in a tent.
Old 10-11-2015, 05:46 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugs Crawler View Post
Camp In tent. I have access to pop up and a motor home but Ive always enjoyed camping in a tent.
lol ok, was going to say the camper sights fill up quick. And stay full. We have a small camper.
Old 10-11-2015, 06:04 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

Ok that's cool. Yea my little girl actually was asking me today when we were gonna go camping again. Might try to get out this weekend and go somewhere. Been up to pilot mtn. A few times camping but this was before I had my crawler. So can't wait to get out and do some wheelin in some new places. Mainly just playing around in back yard on the rocks I been collecting to build my coarse/playground. Few little city parks Ive been to that are ok but nothing to brag about.
Old 10-11-2015, 06:08 PM   #12
Pebble Pounder

i live 20 mins from stone mtn, and 30 mins from pilot, can see pilot mtn from my house
Old 10-11-2015, 06:16 PM   #13
Pebble Pounder

Yea I'm about hour and half from hanging rock and hour 45 to stone mtn
Old 10-14-2015, 09:42 AM   #14
Pebble Pounder

Well. I'm for sure going to hanging rock Saturday morning and staying the night and coming back home Sunday probably around lunch.
Old 10-14-2015, 07:35 PM   #15
Pebble Pounder

This has not been my week. 1st having to do my boss mans job
While he is out after having surgery, 2nd had to end up working 37hrs since Monday and today is just Wednesday and then third found out today that all camping spots for pilot mtn and hanging rock are reserved every weekend for the next two weeks.... So I guess I won't be coming after all. Didn't realize that many people wanted to camp this late in the year.so I'm going to a local park for this weekend to take my little girl camping. But Maby if a group of people wanna go for like a day trip sometime soon that would be cool.
Old 10-16-2015, 09:54 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

Yeah I'm also in greensboro and there is seriously nothing here.

North Carolina as a whole is pretty much garbage for crawling.
tacocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 06:43 AM   #17
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacocat View Post
Yeah I'm also in greensboro and there is seriously nothing here.

Eastern North Carolina as a whole is pretty much garbage for crawling. But the mountains are awesome
Fixed for you
03NCTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 10:00 AM   #18
Pebble Pounder

That's pretty funny.. Well ended up going to Hagen stone park camping. Actually still here. Heading home soon as wife finishes cooking lunch and we eat. Played around on few of the trails and on the kids playground equipment. Had a good time with the family, my little girl loved it and she ended up playing with my rig more than I did.. She even set up a coarse around our campsite with a few gate markers and was calling it her race track..
Old 10-18-2015, 03:07 PM   #19
Pebble Pounder

Hey guys, me and a couple others from Wilkes went down yesterday to the Rock Yard Challenge in Asheville and had a blast!! Over 50 crawlers showed up. We crawled all day.
There is plenty to crawl in North Carolina I just can't figure out why it's so hard to get more than two or three crawlers together at a time. I'm posting up when we get together to crawl - make so noise when y'all want to get out an crawl. We regularly go to Stone Mtn, Pilot Mtn, and the Bull Hole.
The Bug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 04:38 PM   #20
Pebble Pounder

I'd be down for a day trip to pilot mountain. Long as I know a little ahead of time.

New guy here. Greensboro - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New guy guy here need helping choosing crawler Qcustomz Newbie General 10 09-23-2012 10:27 AM
Hello from Greensboro/Browns Summit NC simoniz North Carolina 4 02-17-2011 10:55 AM
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point simoniz North Carolina 4 01-11-2011 03:47 PM
r/c guy not computer guy. roscoeisthecool Comments, Suggestions, and Help 72 03-14-2010 01:09 PM
Conference in Greensboro vltchkr North Carolina 2 11-10-2008 01:13 PM