Notices

Thread: NC check in thread.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2017, 12:43 AM   #21

Default Re: NC check in thread.

Raleigh.

RR10 Bomber
Losi SCT10

I used to be into R/C in the 80's when i got a Tamiya Hornet for Christmas. Just recently got back into it. Also just recently moved to NC.
z0mbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2017, 08:52 AM   #22

Southport

Axial Scx10 Deadbolt with Jeep body
Ascender K10
bvfd1927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 10:34 AM   #23

Hwy 42/ I40 Cleveland area

SCX10 Deadbolt (just bought it)
other rigs
Savage
Tmaxx
Revo
MT2
SC8
Firestorm
Nitro Sport
Nitro Stampede
CarlJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 08:26 AM   #24
Quarry Creeper

Laurinburg (yes, I know "where is that?" Think south of Fayetteville, where US 74 and US 401 cross) area, but the group of guys I crawl with are mostly based around Sanford, with a few in Fayetteville and Statesville.

SCX10.2

Last edited by Ironhide13; 02-18-2018 at 08:14 AM.
Ironhide13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 11:57 AM   #25

Hampstead

SCX10 ii 2017 Jeep JK CRC RTR
SCX10 ii 2000 Jeep Cherokee Kit
Yeti Jr RR
Allmanac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 02:52 PM   #26
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allmanac View Post
Hampstead

SCX10 ii 2017 Jeep JK CRC RTR
SCX10 ii 2000 Jeep Cherokee Kit
Yeti Jr RR
Welcome to the forum! Sweet, you get to play on Topsail
2mtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 02:54 PM   #27
Pebble Pounder

Glad to see there is still a few people trickling in on this thread...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bugs Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 08:17 PM   #28
Rock Stacker

Raeford, NC Been trying to complete the track in my backyard.

Yeti
Wraith x3
SCX10 x2
SCX10.2
GMade R1
AX10
Redcat
1/8th 2.2 Crawler
vwdaveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 06:00 AM   #29
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwdaveb View Post
Raeford, NC Been trying to complete the track in my backyard.

Been 10 hours...done yet?

Let us know so we can come break the track in for you
Old 05-08-2018, 12:06 PM   #30
Quarry Creeper

I haven't touched an RC in a couple years now. But got the urge recently and dug my rigs out of the garage and got them all in good shape and ready to go. But for the life of me, I can't find anywhere local to go play. Anyone still around in western NC?
hpiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 12:26 PM   #31
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpiguy View Post
I haven't touched an RC in a couple years now. But got the urge recently and dug my rigs out of the garage and got them all in good shape and ready to go. But for the life of me, I can't find anywhere local to go play. Anyone still around in western NC?
How far west are you? Stone Mountain is just north of Wilkesboro, Rocky Face just south...both fun places to trail & crawl.

We've done a few trails off the Parkway too (not the heavily visited ones).

Last edited by 2mtech; 05-08-2018 at 12:28 PM.
Old 05-08-2018, 12:54 PM   #32
Quarry Creeper

I'm just over an hour west of Asheville, in the sticks. Wilkesboro is over three hours away, one way. I've stopped playing on any USFS property after some guys were threatened by USFS for having motorized vehicles on foot trails, I shit you negative. This is the BS we deal with from the USFS in NC, it's full retard. I read it about it on here, or one of the RC forums.
hpiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 02:14 PM   #33
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpiguy View Post
I'm just over an hour west of Asheville, in the sticks. Wilkesboro is over three hours away, one way. I've stopped playing on any USFS property after some guys were threatened by USFS for having motorized vehicles on foot trails, I shit you negative. This is the BS we deal with from the USFS in NC, it's full retard. I read it about it on here, or one of the RC forums.
Wow, you are out there!

Yeah, I posted a rant thread about being kicked out of a local park for the "motorized vehicle" BS recently. Just adds to my contempt for all things NC.

Conversely, rangers at mid-state parks wanted to stop and talk about the trucks with no negative input at all. They all thought they were cool.

Never played that far west...I'm sure there are lots of places in Maggie Valley...maybe...
Old 06-02-2018, 11:17 PM   #34

I'm from Asheville I just picked up a scx10 today so I'm pretty new to crawling. it'd be cool to find a group of people near by.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
standishjosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 03:54 PM   #35
Quarry Creeper

lexington nc have a tf2 ecx barrage slash 4x4 kyosho mp7.5 e buggy
tdevilman2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 05:21 AM   #36
Pebble Pounder

I'm still here in beautiful down town State Road NC representing the crawling scene-or what's left of it. Not much GTG style crawling going on like back in the day, it's went the way of organized club style events. I miss the days where a few guys would throw their rigs on the rocks and not worry if their stuff was "class legal" or if it fit into what the masses were running. I still it the rocks locally on a regular basis-although mostly by myself, but I'm still running. Just remember-keep posting up with your when and where, if no one knows about it then no one will show.

Keep the scene ALIVE!!
The Bug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 08:04 AM   #37
I wanna be Dave

Still here and my new house is about 15 minutes from Haw River so I try to get out a couple weekends a month whether anyone else is there or not.

I'll post up next time I'll be out there and anyone that can make it is welcome to join.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 02:58 PM   #38
Rock Stacker

New guy checking in from the Triangle area!
Anyone have some insight into which hobby shops offer solid crawler support? I dropped by the Durham Ho-B Max last week but was pretty disappointed to find a half-empty, dishevelled storefront, with a hodge-podge of Redcat crawlers stacked on top of each other, and only one poor employee doing his best to help people but he was clearly a little overwhelmed. Otherwise it looked mostly like a basher/race support shop. Since I didn't have any intention of buying anything I didn't bother trying to get his attention to ask any questions. Otherwise, closest RC hobby stores I have found are Hangar 18 in Cary and the Ho-B Max @ Triangle Town Center. My new fascination with RC crawlers actually sparked when I walked by that store and saw the TRX-4 Bronco sitting in the window, and that store did look much cleaner / better staffed than Northgate, but I haven't had a chance to go properly investigate. Any others east of Raleigh I've missed??
jwwolf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 03:08 PM   #39
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwwolf3 View Post
New guy checking in from the Triangle area!
Anyone have some insight into which hobby shops offer solid crawler support? I dropped by the Durham Ho-B Max last week but was pretty disappointed to find a half-empty, dishevelled storefront, with a hodge-podge of Redcat crawlers stacked on top of each other, and only one poor employee doing his best to help people but he was clearly a little overwhelmed. Otherwise it looked mostly like a basher/race support shop. Since I didn't have any intention of buying anything I didn't bother trying to get his attention to ask any questions. Otherwise, closest RC hobby stores I have found are Hangar 18 in Cary and the Ho-B Max @ Triangle Town Center. My new fascination with RC crawlers actually sparked when I walked by that store and saw the TRX-4 Bronco sitting in the window, and that store did look much cleaner / better staffed than Northgate, but I haven't had a chance to go properly investigate. Any others east of Raleigh I've missed??
I'm afraid you're going to stay disappointed, in my experience, in most of the eastern NC area. "Solid crawler support" seems to have sailed, or so nearly all the local shops have told me, Hangar 18 not the least. World of RC Parts in Wilson and Hobby Nook in Smithfield have basic stuff, Hobby Nook actually carries a lot of Axial and Traxxas parts. There was a Hobbytown USA in Apex until recently but the guy was an ID 10 T and it closed. Raleigh Hobby and R/C in Garner is good for paint and building materials, but it's mostly a lawnmower shop (no kidding).

Online is the standard. You won't find a LHS either willing or able to talk crawlers with you IMHO and personal experience. Maybe someone else has found someplace I haven't...
Old 06-04-2018, 03:24 PM   #40
Rock Stacker

Well that is about what I expected, but it is a bummer to hear anyways. Thanks for chiming in!
Would have loved to support a local store, but don't see much point in buying a new truck from a place that isn't going to carry any of the parts or have anyone with any knowledge to share...
jwwolf3 is offline   Reply With Quote

NC check in thread. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SC Crawler Check-In Thread! ittybitty South Carolina 163 03-04-2023 08:40 PM
check check 1 2 1 2...thank you Detroit xzk7nr Testing 1 2 3 0 04-04-2008 06:28 AM