RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   North Carolina (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/north-carolina/)
-   -   Wilmington area crawlers??? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/north-carolina/604073-wilmington-area-crawlers.html)

VaOldSchool 11-25-2018 10:02 AM

Wilmington area crawlers???

Anyone out there? :shock:

Looking for great minds. :mrgreen:

2mtech 11-25-2018 11:22 AM

Re: Wilmington area crawlers???

Welcome to the fold! I won't say you're in a great location for good crawl spots or a lot of similarly interested people, but Carolina Beach State Park has some fairly decent hiking trails that provide a reasonably satisfying scale off road experience, especially with a very young one. You get some really nice views of the Cape Fear along the way too. "thumbsup"

The GF and I head down there occasionally when we don't feel like a huge physical challenge trailing (we're mid-50's) or we take the grandson out. We've never had overzealous ranger issues there, unlike some places in the state.

Maybe we can meet up some weekend. It's getting to the best time of the year for trailing here!

4kids crawlin 11-25-2018 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VaOldSchool (Post 5886875)
Anyone out there? :shock:

Looking for great minds. :mrgreen:

I'm from the Piedmont but I know of 2 guys close to your area that crawl.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

VaOldSchool 11-26-2018 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2mtech (Post 5886887)
Welcome to the fold! I won't say you're in a great location for good crawl spots or a lot of similarly interested people, but Carolina Beach State Park has some fairly decent hiking trails that provide a reasonably satisfying scale off road experience, especially with a very young one. You get some really nice views of the Cape Fear along the way too. "thumbsup"

The GF and I head down there occasionally when we don't feel like a huge physical challenge trailing (we're mid-50's) or we take the grandson out. We've never had overzealous ranger issues there, unlike some places in the state.

Maybe we can meet up some weekend. It's getting to the best time of the year for trailing here!

Sounds good to me! I'm awaiting arrival of the TRX (tracking number in hand...lol) So I'll keep you posted on when it arrives and maybe we can find a good time to crawl. I'll check out the park and see what it has to offer. There isn't even a local hobby store so it's tough to find locals who run RC's in general.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4kids crawlin (Post 5886903)
I'm from the Piedmont but I know of 2 guys close to your area that crawl.

Awesome...where do they go? Are they members on the forum here? Bought a GoPro today, and as soon at the TRX arrives I'll be ready to get out and get rolling. "thumbsup"

4kids crawlin 02-08-2019 01:34 AM

Sorry for the late reply. I don't think they're on here. One guy had a course in his backyard and I do know that there's a course close to myrtle beach.