Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > North Carolina

Notices

Thread: Asheville area crawl spots

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2019, 06:53 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Question Asheville area crawl spots

Hey guys, me and my family are planning on a trip to the Asheville area around Christmas time. Figured better to go do something then to buy a bunch of stuff the kids don't need. I'm gonna bring the rigs of course. So I was wondering where the good crawl spots are in the area? Also do you know if crawling at any of the nature parks is allowed? Don't want to piss of any park rangers for crawling their rocks. Thanks in advance for any help or info.
AnimalHippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2019, 11:55 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Asheville area crawl spots

Everything is booked for our Asheville trip. Getting stoked! Is there no one crawling in this area? Figured I'd get at least 1 response. Have already scoped a spot across the street from our hotel via Google maps that looks like it might have some area to crawl. Also plan on taking the kids to a gem mining place in the mountains to the South West of Asheville. I'm sure I can find some spots around there. Any info on this area would be greatly appreciated!
Old 03-31-2020, 12:19 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Reviving this thread, as I have the same question. I live in the area and was curious if anyone had any good spots, I've seen the ones on the map but they are fairly old and I'm not sure what their status is.
Shinook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 07:05 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinook View Post
Reviving this thread, as I have the same question. I live in the area and was curious if anyone had any good spots, I've seen the ones on the map but they are fairly old and I'm not sure what their status is.
I wasn't able to get any answer from anyone in the area on here. I called the hobby town near Asheville and asked. The guy said there's a group of guys called Fairview scale trails on FB(Hate to refer anyone to that site). I didn't get in contact with them due to not having FB. He said they go to some trails in Black mountain. I didn't get to do much crawling up there, but almost any hiking trail or River or mountain in the area has potential. I used Google maps Satellite & terrain mode to find good spots local to where we stayed. Good luck brother!

Asheville area crawl spots - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bay Area Crawl Spots ANoodle California 66 04-13-2020 11:37 PM
Tracy area crawl spots??? wcdfmt510 California 0 01-14-2018 05:52 PM
Asheville area who wants to crawl this huge hill tomorrow ? ICrashHelis North Carolina 0 12-06-2014 03:39 PM
crawl spots in folsom area ovcrwlr California 0 05-07-2012 10:10 AM
Bay Area Crawl spots badger California 7 11-28-2005 03:13 PM