Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > North Dakota

Notices

Thread: Summer Series Results (comp #2)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2008, 08:43 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Summer Series Results (comp #2)

Ok guys, here are the results for comp #2. I first would like to thank everyone who showed up. The weather started out a little rainy and cold. We started the comp at the bridge location and soon realized without some rearanging of rocks that area wasn't very friendly. Good rocks but lots of holes to get trapped in. After round 1 we all decided to go to an alternate location called Sertoma Park. This area was great. Lots of lines to use. We even got to go through some water and over and under some bridges. It was great.

Congradulations goes out to Jay and Jim for winning the drawing for the MaxAmps batteries. Jay won himself a 2cell 1100mah, and Jim won the 3cell 1100mah.

Now for the Results:

I don't know what it is with Andy ending up in ties each comp, but it sure makes for a good time keeping things close. Both Mark and Andy tied with 37points after 3 courses. Total time for Mark was 5:45, Andy 7:52. They both also had DNF's on course #1. It was a close battle between them on all three courses.

Also, good job goes out to Mark for the best course run on course #3. He finished with a -9 in 1:52. He didn't even have dig. Good job man.

Hey, if anyone knows what Casey's screen name is let me know.
tqcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-16-2008, 09:09 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Here are the totals after 2 rounds:

tqcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 11:14 AM   #3
RCC Addict

casey doesn't have screen name actually, I don't think he has even been on this site

Nice job on course #3 Mark, thats impressive
701 Technique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 11:49 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

first of all thanks to the gf guys for putting on a good comp. the turnout was great again and i hope to see you guys at the rest of the nd series.

thanks guys for the compliment its too bad i couldnt of got something together for the first two rounds. trev and i were talking on the way home how we need to hit the rocks more often it takes me too long to get back in the swing of things.

im looking forward to dickinson in july im not sure the date i think tony has it. bismarck im assuming will be in aug and we are going to try and plan ours either in aug or sept we also were talking maybe doing an evening things so it gives everyone time to get here and not have to leave at the butt crack of dawn.
im also thinking of doing a top truck challenge here also have a tow off, mud bog rock coarse and maybe a water hole like they do in fourwheeler mag you can use your comp truck or trail truck whatever you like. let me know what you think.
venom-crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 06:54 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom-crawler View Post
im also thinking of doing a top truck challenge here also have a tow off, mud bog rock coarse and maybe a water hole like they do in fourwheeler mag you can use your comp truck or trail truck whatever you like. let me know what you think.
Hell Yeah

I have been planning on throwing something together for mud bogging
701 Technique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 09:20 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

So much for my short wheelbase.
Mriswith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 04:22 PM   #7

On the last course i thought a -7 was what dave gave me? Either way it was close and it was awesome! Thanks to all!! The second spot was very fun. Under the bridge had way to many holes, i thought for sure i was going to twist an axle, but it was still fun. Jim i think your short wheelbase would have helped if we stayed under the bridge all day, but who knows.
packerfan3001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 09:29 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

If I would have left the Losi claws on and stayed at the bridge it would have done much better. My rear cougars needed stiffer foams, they had way too much bite. The Cougars had so much bite they pretty much destroyed my Cirrus 704MG steering servo. I had tried using my new Sidewinder for this comp but I couldn't get it work. Turns out the servo is pulling so much juice the Sidewinder/Reciever can't handle it on the stock BEC. The 3PM reciever wouldn't hold it's "Binding" with the radio because the current draw is so much on the servo. I gotta get the Castle BEC before I can use it. It works with my newer Cirrus servo and my Hitec so I know it's the one in my truck. Time for an upgrade

When we run at the bridge it's usually on the other side of the bike path closer to the water or "ring around the rosie" on the rock gardens out from underneath the bridge.

I think I'll be doing more testing at Sertoma Park. That worked out pretty good even if my wheelbase didn't. Those GC-2's tore it up enough I'm thinking about going that route.
Mriswith is offline   Reply With Quote