Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > North Dakota

Notices

Thread: GTG....Mini Comp September 20th

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2008, 04:57 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default GTG....Mini Comp September 20th

Tony and I are planning a GTG/Mini comp on Saturday the 20th of September in Fargo. We have a new spot for crawling and an AWESOME place for trail runnning. We are thinking of doing a trail type course. We will be working on the course the weekend before the GTG to have all the trails cleaned up and build some obstacles as well.

Post here if you can make it and when the time draws near we will finalize the time and place to meet.

Thanks everyone.......
1rcmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2008, 06:09 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

I'll give it a whirl assuming work don't screw me again. Hopefully I can get the new FJ Recovery rig built but I got a lot tube work to do yet. The X-Trailed Bronco just didn't do it for me. Tony, need a real X-Trail frame for the FJ
Mriswith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 07:25 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Rock and roll man lets do it!!!!
thunder7845 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 07:25 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mriswith View Post
I'll give it a whirl assuming work don't screw me again. Hopefully I can get the new FJ Recovery rig built but I got a lot tube work to do yet. The X-Trailed Bronco just didn't do it for me. Tony, need a real X-Trail frame for the FJ
I could use a X-Trail if you got one to get rid of

I will be there with a comp rig and a trail rig

excited to see the new spot

Last edited by 701 Technique; 08-28-2008 at 07:28 PM.
701 Technique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 08:09 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Man love to be there. got a little one coming any day now so no go for me. I did tons of work to me trail Jeep to. Have a good time.
jpterbl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 10:13 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

i should be able to make it. comp rig for sure dig or no dig, and sorry no pig i stole the axles for the new project which is not going as planned so well see what i come up with.
venom-crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 08:57 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mriswith View Post
Actually if Jay doesn't want it I just might take it. The Truck has seen lots of running and I have actually bent the frame pretty good. A new frame isn't out of the question but it is still holding up.

I hope everyone can make this GTG. The comp spot is ok, but the spot we are doing the trail part of things is the BOMB! Dave and I have lots of cool ideas for this area. We are going to come up with a point system like running a comp but we will taylor it to the trail rigs. Their will be a little mud but not water. There will be some bridges and maybee some tunnels so get those lights working. It will be really neet I can't wait to get out there and do some work.
tqcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 09:37 AM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tqcookie View Post
Actually if Jay doesn't want it I just might take it. The Truck has seen lots of running and I have actually bent the frame pretty good. A new frame isn't out of the question but it is still holding up.

I hope everyone can make this GTG. The comp spot is ok, but the spot we are doing the trail part of things is the BOMB! Dave and I have lots of cool ideas for this area. We are going to come up with a point system like running a comp but we will taylor it to the trail rigs. Their will be a little mud but not water. There will be some bridges and maybee some tunnels so get those lights working. It will be really neet I can't wait to get out there and do some work.
sounds awesome man, as of just a few days ago my Yota is completely waterproof. I submerged it in a little pond and drove right out, no problem
Old 08-29-2008, 12:24 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Prove it. I want pictures. I don't believe it unless I see a picture.
Old 08-29-2008, 06:54 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tqcookie View Post
Prove it. I want pictures. I don't believe it unless I see a picture.
I could post a pic of the waterproof job I did. I'll get a pic of it submerged but Im headin to devils lake tomorrow to catch some walleye.

I bought a waterproof hitec servo, it came in a blue box that I used to seal the electronics. just added some electrical tape and silicone

the only problem I'm having is figuring out where to poke a hole for the air to escaped from the body so It'll sink
Old 08-29-2008, 07:05 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Make a snorkel like on the safari jeeps and then you'll have a hole and it'll add to the scale look.
Old 08-30-2008, 08:30 AM   #12
Quarry Creeper

I would poke the hole in the top!
Old 08-30-2008, 09:43 AM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Ok, so who do you know that drives on the bottom of the water completely submerged???? In real life......not very scale to me..but hey stil cool.
Jam1sstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 10:47 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

geez way to kill someones mojo jam1sstang
Old 08-31-2008, 11:12 AM   #15
Rock Crawler

gotta get it out of the water somehow. Might as well drive it.
Old 09-02-2008, 09:49 PM   #16
Pebble Pounder

so for this gtg are we making some rules for the trail part or we just using the regular rules? i was thinking we should do it like the comp but if we get stuck or cant move we have to use a winch or a buddy. so kindof like if you have a dig or not whoever has a winch prolly has the advantage in certain spots. just a thought didnt know what you guys had planned. how bout different classes like 2.2 and 1.9s or are we running them together? looking forward to it ive put the pig back together and am working on a 1.9 rig too so i was just wondering if rick could run one if he decides to come with.
venom-crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 05:26 AM   #17
Rock Crawler

I would say scale is scale. I don't think there are enough of us where we need split it up classwise. If we're gonna score the trail rigs, winching should help the points or at least not add to them. I'd rather see a relaxed set of point rules cause these trail rigs are more for fun and bashing than competing.
Old 09-03-2008, 06:36 AM   #18
Quarry Creeper

I think we should run the 1.9 with the 2.2's unless there's a bunch of 1.9's that show kinda like a real trail ride. And as far as points go how would we be scored.
Old 09-03-2008, 07:27 AM   #19
Quarry Creeper

For the time being scale will be scale. 1.9's and 2.2's together. Dave and I have been brainstorming on how to setup the rules. They will be LOOSLEY based from the comp rules. In trail running reverse is part of the game so there won't be reverse penalties but instead their will be strickt boundry markers and if you hit a marker that will be points. There will be gates and as long as you get through the gate by whatever means you will be able to continue on. You will be able to touch the vehichle for the purposes of attaching your towstrap or grabbing the winch hook. However you won't be able to pick the rig up to attach the hooks. So you will need accesible attachment points. These are a couple of the things we have discussed with others in mind. I assure you we will be open to suggestions aswell.

It will be a ton of fun I can't wait.
Old 09-03-2008, 11:44 AM   #20
Rock Crawler

I like the sound of the no reverse penalty and the Boundry rule. No roll penalties if you can winch yourself out. Maybe a low point penalty if you need winch assist from another rig with the no 'pick-up' rule. Need to have one or two to keep it interesting but not so many that it takes the fun out or makes it complicated. The fewer rules or point penalties the better.

I'll have to braze a few extra tow points on my Jeep and come up with some winch gear