Default Re: The Ohio Thread

it functions, just don't steer the way it should

hi andrew, guess ya wont be driving down to meet up with us then huh
TwistedCreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2004, 07:12 AM   #62
Quarry Creeper

do you all have a place to winter crawl? or do you just tough it out in the old and snow? I can't wait to get a set of axles to finish my rock buggy
but i can't seem to find any......

John
twisted84toyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 11:24 AM   #63
Colt Python/SR9c

yeah i have my own place to crawl in my backyard..its all kind of destroyed right now though, due to putting in a pond and stream/creek through the rock garden
Old 11-17-2004, 02:59 PM   #64
RCC Addict

How far along are you? If you need some help to make it crawable, let me know!
AdamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 06:26 PM   #65
Colt Python/SR9c

its getting there. when i get the time, i need to drive a backhoe home from work and dig the pond since i dont feel like shoveling it all out

but all things have stopped for the meantime, due to asshole neighbors who like to dump oil on my property the city,epa, and a few other people have gotten pretty pissed about this and are stacking a case against him and they are wanting to come in my yard and dig up and test the soil..so after this all gets straightened out, i'll jump back on it..

but the way the city official was talking, i may be able to just buy my own land to play on after this is over 8O
Old 11-19-2004, 09:24 PM   #66
Quarry Creeper

Hey guys have a look at my buddys crawlers both are emaxxes

PICS IN THE EMAXX THREAD

lemme know what you think!!

**side note if you fells need some help in middletown i might be able to help a little I'M just a big farm guy 6' 8" 260 Just in case you need to get a point across(little intimidation factor) a little better!!

John
Old 11-28-2004, 07:15 PM   #67
Colt Python/SR9c

damn john 8O

sounds like a big boy
Old 11-28-2004, 09:38 PM   #68
RCC Addict

c'mon Jeremy. I'm gonna build me a tuber, gotta have somewhere to test out my welds!

(beginning of straw mockup)

Old 11-30-2004, 06:41 AM   #69
Colt Python/SR9c

its crunch time at work, so i have been busier than a one legged man in an ass kickin contest 8O

its about lay-off time, so after that happens i'll have time to start building again..all i need for mine is the servo and new steering links...and i will finally have time to build dougs crawler that i have told him i would do since June :?
Old 12-02-2004, 08:32 PM   #70

hey, if you are ever in athens and intrested in do`n some damage i know a few crawlin spots. Oh yea i`m 13 and have a partially working e-maxx(stock so i`d get killed ).lol.
luckyNum13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 08:36 AM   #71

hey guys, im 16, i live in st. paris ohio, well, a few miles from it, st. paris is in the middle of urbana and piqua, and its like 40 minutes from dayton, i would probably be interested in a lil get together, although at the moment all i have is a vmg :p i might have some problems on big stuff, like, anything bigger than a mouse, haha jk, i sold my clod a while back though, pay for car :p

i live on a small farm, well, just has horses, no farmen or anything, horses dogs and a butt load of tracters that put together could do the job of a lawn mower lol, but ya, got a good 10 acres of feild or so and we have a bob cat so i got a ton of stuff to play on
Vegerito_HALO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 08:12 PM   #72
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedCreations
its about lay-off time, so after that happens I'll have time to start building again..

What a coincidence.....I just got laid off until January. Guess I got more time to build my tuber.

I tried using 1/4" solid round steel, but it was just too thick to easily bend. I'm thinking about picking up some 3/16" brake line tubing and trying again.

I'm having trouble finding a decent tubing bender for 3/16". I have one that only goes down to 1/4", and I've seen some crappy ones with only one handle that does smaller. So do I really need the bender or should I just pound 2 nails in the workbench and bend around those?
Old 12-25-2004, 11:22 PM   #73
Quarry Creeper

Hello, any of you Ohio guys care to crawl with someone from WV. I am just outside of Charleston, WV. If you guys ever get an event together I would not mind driving a few miles to come!!!
Nitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 10:29 PM   #74

Hey guys, glad I found this thread. I'm from Zanesville. That's about 35 miles east of columbus. I live in Dillon state park so I've got LOTS of room to crawl. Just bought a twin force last month and have managed to cut all the stock suspension to pieces and mutilate a bunch of other stuff. Hope to have it done by spring. Going for a 4-link with 4-wheel steer and 2 inch extended wheel base. Going is kinda slow considering the last r/c I had was a Hornet when I was like 10. I'm 30 now. Now a question. I see alot of you guys run 1/4 scale servos. I found some standard size servos that put out 200 oz/in is that enough? They are the strongest ones I could find in a standard sized case. Also, do I need to get a 3 channel radio so I can steer the rear independantly from the front? Any help would be great....Bill
bill_jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 10:57 PM   #75
RCC Addict

200 is more than enough.

3 channel steering would be best.

Here's the cheapest and easiest way

Step one: Buy a Traxxas TQ3 radio and receiver. They can be purchased online at many places, I found the cheapest place was Ebay. Click here to search Ebay.

Step two: Purchase a DPDT mini toggle switch from RadioShack. There are several to choose from, but I found this specific one fit the best.

http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...5Fid=275%2D664

Step three: Open the case of the radio, and de-solder the existing switch. This will leave you with three wires. A grey, black, and white.

Step four: Install the new switch as pictured:

Step five: Wire up the switch as pictured: (note, the 2 capacitors are optional. I've run it with and without them and didn't notice a difference. They are the same capacitors you run on your motors. Supposedly they help shield radio frequency interference from the switch.)

Now you have a 3rd channel that you can control your rear servo to turn left or right and lock and centered and locked. You could also install a momentary switch so that the switch would not lock your steering either way.
Old 03-22-2005, 01:16 AM   #76
Quarry Creeper

Alright guys its getting alot nicer outside and the temp is comming up...........how many of you all have your trucks ready to crawl and when are you (WE) gonna have a little crawling session..............I'm sure we here in the NW corner of Ohio do things a little different but, I am very excited to do a little traveling and some crawling in and on some new ground and compair rig stats and building ideas!!!!
Old 03-23-2005, 09:25 AM   #77
Colt Python/SR9c

my crawler is ready to go and the next crawling session it will see ( besides testing out back on my course) will be the Green River comp
Old 03-23-2005, 09:31 AM   #78
Colt Python/SR9c

are you guys up north going to GR?
Old 03-23-2005, 10:32 AM   #79
Pebble Pounder

I live in New Knoxville ohio.
Its a half hour south of lima ohio and abbout an hour north of dayton.
I have and Emaxx. Soon to be stretched and to become 4 whell steer.
Emaxximuss78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 11:11 AM   #80
RCC Addict

As soon as it dries up a little I will be building some trial type courses out at my parents house back in the woods. Theres a big creek with some decent rocks and lots of hills.