Old 04-12-2009, 08:53 PM   #21
MODERATOR™

That's lame.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-2009, 06:44 PM   #22
Quarry Creeper

Default Hopelesstown......

[quote=Frank Rizzo;1731244]I'm glad you guys like what you see, because it may not change for a while. A few of us wanted to go in this weekend and work on it for them {because who else but the customers would do it?}but our offer was declined. I was first told man power was needed to move shelving so I offered more than enough with the other guys who were up for the task,

There are rocks sitting on trucks waiting to be put in place. I told them to let us know when they're ready to get something done....

hey bob, let's just get a few guys together and just go in & move the shelves over. who needs josh. what are they gonna do? kick us out of the store? lol! oohhh I'm scared.
scrounge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 01:58 PM   #23

They were going to move the shelves today when I was in!!
xXIRONMANXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 07:08 AM   #24

yea the shelves have been moved, but now no one can bring rocks in the store because you might get hurt, and sue
savagecrawler1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 06:49 PM   #25
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by savagecrawler1 View Post
yea the shelves have been moved, but now no one can bring rocks in the store because you might get hurt, and sue
Funny how Josh doesn't mind volunteering you to do it. What a company girl, he is. You know his hands aren't getting a bit of dirt on them

The whole thing is an effing JOKE.
I thought the government was ran poorly but Hobby Town will not be outdone!!
Frank Rizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 04:25 PM   #26
Quarry Creeper

The update:
As of today nothing has changed.
Who saw that coming. Its just a sad display.
My prediction is that Hobby Town Corp will have them get this out of the store before they ever do a thing to finish it. I'm amazed that the company has watched this much space go unused for so long.

so... hmmm jokes on us

Oh and still cant find any parts I need there
Old 05-04-2009, 05:51 AM   #27

hey guys the waivers are in at HTUSA, but the course still may take some time.
Old 05-20-2009, 07:49 PM   #28
Quarry Creeper

Ok I have the update you have been waiting for. I had a chance to check in at Hobby Hoax and this is what is up................

.........Wait for it.............

NOTHING!!!
Thats right your leader in RC disappointment has proven the will not be beaten in the art of foot dragging and false hope.

On the upside,
If you are in search of the latest game that will let you escape the reality of not having a hobby store that gives a damn about its lack of integrity,
Look no further! The have assured me that the can help you pretend to be an elf, a jedi , a squirrel, an army of French Canadians. You name it. Just like mom said "you can be anything you want to be........except a happy RC hobbiest. Pass the 43 sided die I want to create a different life
Old 05-20-2009, 08:36 PM   #29
MODERATOR™

Poor Bob. Disgruntled and shit.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 09:53 PM   #30
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by EeePee View Post

Poor Bob. Disgruntled and shit.
indeed
Old 05-21-2009, 10:41 AM   #31
support@rc4wd.com

roborg5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 07:26 PM   #32
Quarry Creeper

On a positive note,
Dwain called tonight and invited me to the shop to check out some work he had done. Someone had donated some more rocks and Dwain had been creativly stacking them. It looks like he is off to a good start. Thre is a long way to go but he has stepped up and I think if "THE MAN" gives him the needed time he could put something good together.

I give the shop a ton o' crap over this mainly because I have been so frustrated by the company as a whole. I actualy like all the guys in there. I think that there is a desire to do something for us as customers but the left hand is at constant odds with the right, making the efforts seem pointless at times. Such is the way of corp. America.
Keep up the good fight Dwain.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:57 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Rizzo View Post
Ok I have the update you have been waiting for. I had a chance to check in at Hobby Hoax and this is what is up................

NOTHING!!!
Thats right your leader in RC disappointment has proven the will not be beaten in the art of foot dragging and false hope.

On the upside,
If you are in search of the latest game that will let you escape the reality of not having a hobby store that gives a damn about its lack of integrity,
Look no further! The have assured me that the can help you pretend to be an elf, a jedi , a squirrel, an army of French Canadians. You name it. Just like mom said "you can be anything you want to be........except a happy RC hobbiest. Pass the 43 sided die I want to create a different life
lets be nice to the gamers,or you might get smited by a two handed sword
Old 05-22-2009, 07:01 AM   #34

more rocks at hobbytown, someone droped some rockes off at the back door so the pit is getting full,could use some heavy ones to help keep things from moveing when go through course, but its progress
Old 05-22-2009, 07:02 PM   #35
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Rizzo View Post

NOTHING!!!

On the upside,
lol, you have a odd way of expressing yourself. Best rant I've read in a long time. Sorry to laugh at your flustration
maxfactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 04:10 PM   #36
Quarry Creeper

Another month has past and nothing crawlable. Who woulda thunk it.

On the brighter side:
There is talk of a course at Cyclone. I can't speak of any details as I don't know them. But if there is any truth to the tale, I bet it will be done and hosting comps. before Hobby Frown makes anything happen.
Old 10-12-2009, 05:08 PM   #37
Quarry Creeper

OK just in case you needed an update the Leader in hobby let downs has made sure they would not be out done. The joke of a rock course is still sitting unfinished and worthless in the middle of the store. They have gone as far as to put a pointless railing around it to be sure that no one falls over it in the three years i'm sure it will take for them to realize that they will never finish it. Well done Hobby Joke. The one and only thing is that you are still open on Sundays so that I can feel let down every day of the week. And when you get the time take that crap pile out of your store so folks don't think this hobby revolves around scrap wood and laziness.

If you do need help, call the boys at Cyclone who did in two weeks what you eff wads couldn't pull off in over a year.

Take care and best wishes
Old 01-03-2010, 08:44 PM   #38
Quarry Creeper

Default Dark Days Are Upon Us

This Just In
The foundation of mediocrity has finaly given way to failure!

I stopped by my favorite lhs and was told after nearly 15 months of blood, sweat, and tears the MSRP tyrants have given up hope for their to be master piece. Josh, the dungeon master who once headed the march against progress has finaly quit and left his brain child to die at the side of the road.
I spoke with those who Josh left behind, as he went forth into the world to find bigger and better things to bring to a hault. The say that if anyone needs the rocks, that against all odds found their way into the store, They can have them. I think that I will fill a vile with the dust that accumulated on top of them since they were left stranded in that gorgeous blue box, that looks as if it were built by the skilled hands of a renaissance artisan, and sprinkle it in the ocean.... or a puddle of mud ...whatever

Free rocks if you want them.
Old 01-08-2010, 06:35 AM   #39
Quarry Creeper

So do you have to go through their maximum security TSA gates to get into that section to get the rocks if you want them? I know if you need a screw, you have to give a DNA sample and wait two weeks
DiabloPres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 09:39 PM   #40
Pebble Pounder

I bet the Boulder House, aka: Tom, could put those orphan rocks to very good use. Though they may not be big enough to warrant his attention.
mchester is offline   Reply With Quote