Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Ohio

Notices

Thread: Extremely New BEEE

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2010, 07:45 PM   #1

Default Extremely New BEEE

I am wanting to purchase one of these "rigs". I am looking at 2 different ones, the AX-10 and the SCX-10. Any suggestions that would help make this discission a bit easier? I have had many RC buggies and trucks but not any in the last 10 or so years so I am a bit (mild exageration) out of touch with the new technology. So any insite and help that can be sent my way would be greatly appreciated. I am also interested in attending some of the events that many of you hold just to learn and get up to speed. Thanks in advance!
hellraiser6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2010, 07:56 PM   #2
MODERATOR™

Galloway huh? Columbus is happening with people right now. Good.

The question I have for you is what are you hoping to do with this new truck?

Compete on the rocks? Or go out and play around in the woods and water and dirt?
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 08:11 PM   #3

I plan on doing more of the competing aspect. (I hope that is)
Old 01-07-2010, 08:49 PM   #4
MODERATOR™

That rules out the SCX-10. It's more of a scaler truck, though it can pull some lines.
Old 01-07-2010, 09:20 PM   #5

So then that seems to narrow it down for me a bit. AX-10 it is. As far as radio and other electronics....any recommendations? Need to be schooled all over again about what all the new stuff is. Last time I messed with RC cars/truck i had Race prep and Trinity Speed gem2 (zircon) motors (which I still have) as well as a Traxxis XL-1 speed controller. I do thank you for help so far though!
Old 01-07-2010, 09:23 PM   #6
MODERATOR™

Now comes the money part.
Old 01-07-2010, 09:30 PM   #7

Yeah, I knew you would say that LOL. Not wanting to go too crazy, but looking for better than entry level, if that helps!
Old 01-07-2010, 10:44 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

For esc I recomend a castle sidewinder $70ish runs brushed or brushless and can handle 11.1v
an option would be a tekkin fxr, it is about $90 only brushed will do 11.1v but about half the size of the sidewinder.

a 3 ch 2.4ghz radio is best( spektrum dx3 if u can find one, or dx3r is thought better by many but quite a bit more cash but a 2ch am or fm will due for saving cash. 3rd ch is if you add a dig down the road.

a good servo will be around $100ish you want lots of torque 200 oz and up would be what I would look for.

you can find alot of this stuff rtr on ebay for a great deal less than retail. also check craigs list.

Your best bet would be to stop out at one of our tuesday night comps to look at the range of options you have. you may not even want an axial but rather a losi or a berg . there are lots of ways to go. you should see a link for tuesday nights near the top of the first page in the ohio threads.
Frank Rizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 06:52 AM   #9

Thanks Frank, I will definitly going to stop out on a Tuesday and check out all the options that are available to me. I do like the Losi "rig" as well. Hope to see some or all of you guys there. Thanks!