LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2009, 06:33 PM   #81
Quarry Creeper

So not funny:-P
EDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-2009, 10:20 PM   #82
RCC Addict

This saturday if anyone is interested, we will be open for cralwing,scaling, whatever. Its warm, and thats the main thing

Also I need brushes for my 55t motors. Two sets, if anyone has them I would be glad to purchase them from you.

Thanks

Tom
holycaveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 07:13 AM   #83
Rock Crawler

Any new pics? Ill be there for sure!!
BADASSPONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 08:21 AM   #84
RCC Addict

There are just a few from tuesdays comp up in the tuesday night thread.

Its not a large area at the moment, however pleanty large enough for a comp. A great start.
Old 12-24-2009, 11:31 PM   #85
RCC Addict

Hey guys, figure about noonish for the crawling. I have to run to hobbytown to pick up some parts.

Old 12-25-2009, 07:01 AM   #86
Rock Crawler

I cant leave till around noon or 1, but its about an hour drive so Ill be there around 1 or 2 since I have to stop at Hobbytown too. Do they stock crawler stuff? I really need a Hitec aluminum servo horn?
Old 12-25-2009, 07:13 AM   #87
MODERATOR™

I very much advise you to call Hobbytown first. Depending which one you're talking about they either have nothing, or next to nothing.

Try Hurricane Hobbies and Cyclone Hobbies, though Cyclone would be going way out of your way.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 07:26 AM   #88
Rock Crawler

Looks like Hurricane is somewhat on the way, I just hope the have a horn/arm. Ive broke 3 plastic ones in the last 2 days and Im on my last one! If someone thats gonna be there tomorrow has one bring it and Ill buy it.
Old 12-25-2009, 07:28 AM   #89
Rock Crawler

Also can anyone bring a solder gun and solder to help me with wiring mod?
Old 12-25-2009, 07:45 AM   #90
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADASSPONY View Post
Also can anyone bring a solder gun and solder to help me with wiring mod?

I got that covered.
Old 12-25-2009, 08:02 AM   #91
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADASSPONY View Post
Looks like Hurricane is somewhat on the way, I just hope the have a horn/arm. Ive broke 3 plastic ones in the last 2 days and Im on my last one! If someone thats gonna be there tomorrow has one bring it and Ill buy it.
I can stop at Cyclone and get a Hitec horn by Losi. I'm running the JR one and it works great...I will be there tomorrow. Let me know if you want me to pick up.

By the way.....

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!!!
DiabloPres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 08:07 AM   #92
Rock Crawler

That would work, but if by chance they have a clamping style like the Racers edge, grab that. Im still going to stop by Hurricane just to see about a couple other things and maybe a higher torque servo, the 645 isnt gonna cut it long.
Old 12-25-2009, 08:09 AM   #93
Quarry Creeper

How much do you want to spend on a servo? Cyclone has the big bad Futaba with 425ish in/oz in stock...around $140. I can grab that and the horn for it if you would like...
Old 12-25-2009, 08:11 AM   #94
Rock Crawler

I cant spend that much right now, my wife said I have to wait and sell some car parts first. So unless I find one used Ill just need the servo horn.
Old 12-25-2009, 08:14 AM   #95
Quarry Creeper

you got it, see you tomorrow!!
Old 12-25-2009, 08:16 AM   #96
Rock Crawler

Thanks alot man!!!
Old 12-25-2009, 12:23 PM   #97
RCC Addict

Default The Boulder House Rock Crawling facility.

Alright fellows, seems like most people unofficially voted for Boulder House. So Unless we descide different, it will stand.

I am going to try and be open on weekends and Tuesdays for right now, until we get the drywall and the door in. Then it will just plain be open If you get off a day, have some free time, whatever.

It will be 7dollars per driver, and 5 for kids 15years and younger. It cost me quite abit to run that furness and electric in this new building for 6hrs. But you guys know that it will be well worth it with the amount of crawling that will be available.

I don't know how to stress this like I should, but this is your place guys. Its a place that will be like no other to crawl when its completed. I have separated the electric, etc... and once the wall is finished, it will be its own place.

Right now we need donations, period, I think last Tuesday this was missed except for one guy. This is a chance for everyone to chip in and make something of this opportunity. This is NOT my playroom, I haven't even had a crawler in almost a year(thats running) This is for you guys, the 7dollars is just to run the place period. So what I am saying is, 7 dollars is not doing me any favors, this is what it cost for us to have an indoor facility period. This is not for profit, but I do have to keep the place. And if there is no interest, then no crawling place.

So we need to pull together and get some things done. Drywall is 120dollars, we have at least 10 regulars, thats only 12 bucks apiece! And with this you guys can come when you please, but right now its part of my other shop, so it can't be open all the time. Also we have to get a crane truck to get the huge boulders I have already acquired. And finally we need about 300 dollars in materials to finish the sculpted landscape which we already have a qualified volunteer to help us with. I realize these things take time. However winter is a perfect time to work on it.

Was planning on doing everything myself. But this is not possible, and definatly not with only charging 7 dollars. Afraid it will never happen without all of our help.

Anyways, hopefully this will enlighten some of you to what we can have. But its not up to me, its up to all of us to make this happen. So just something to think about in the near future.

Thanks, and looking forward to seeing all of you!!

Last edited by holycaveman; 12-25-2009 at 02:27 PM.
Old 12-25-2009, 05:35 PM   #98
RCC Addict

Added another pallet of rocks today(not in pix)

So every time you come there will be more rocks, untill we are out of room!
Old 12-26-2009, 05:19 AM   #99
Quarry Creeper

Tom, i have no problem contributing to the cause. i really dont think any of us do. i could not last week as i still had christmas and holiday travel to budget for. i didnt miss the fact you need donations, i just couldnt do it at that time. after the holidays i will be able to give more(time/money) because i would also like to see something great come of "The Boulder House".

P.S. i do miss cowboy reminding us to shut the door...

Last edited by elbo; 12-26-2009 at 07:30 AM. Reason: no reason
elbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 07:48 AM   #100
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by elbo View Post
Tom, i have no problem contributing to the cause. i really dont think any of us do. i could not last week as i still had christmas and holiday travel to budget for. i didnt miss the fact you need donations, i just couldnt do it at that time. after the holidays i will be able to give more(time/money) because i would also like to see something great come of "The Boulder House".

P.S. i do miss cowboy reminding us to shut the door...

Hey, no problem, these things take time. For me rent is the no 1 priority. I wish I had the extra myself and I would just do it all. Cowboy will be back for tuesday.

It will come sooner or later. We will make it work, Thanks