Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Ohio

Notices

Old 01-15-2010, 10:17 PM   #21
Frank Rizzo
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Na'sDad View Post
Na's Comp Crawler is set up painted, and looks awesome. He's running w/out dig, but will definitely shave off points w/ the steering and worm gear alone!

Converted the Micro into a scaler, and Na's converted the Axial into a Top Truck (thank you Cory and Gabe!)

Tomorrow night can't come fast enough...
Go Nate

from what I've seen on the furum the micro's look cooler as scalers and the look fits their ability more so than a comp body
Frank Rizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2010, 04:22 AM   #22
babflyer

Hey this is Brent. Had fun last night, My truck did alright I think, I just was going to slow the first run and then being so concerned with timing out I think it got me rattled the first time the truck didn't go as planed on the second course I ran. I have been crawling on my stick bridges and such with no worry of time, just making sure I clear the obstacle cleanly so even though I have only been crawling a very short time I need to retrain how I aproach the whole thing as it seemed like you really need to keep moving fairly quickly, this was my biggest suprise.

I have a question for you guys that run at the boulder house. Can somebody point me in the right direction of how the progressive gate scoring works? From the ussrca rules I see its -2points for a cleanly cleared gate regardless of whether its gate #1 or gate#7. With the progressive system my current understanding is that the course itself is supposed to get harder the farther into the run you are and also then there is a greater reward for each gate cleared. ex. -1 for first gate, -3 for second gate, -6 for third gate. If this sounds correct the only thing I really need is the numbers for every gate as I don't know at what rate they compound yet. thanks.
babflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 06:45 AM   #23
DiabloPres
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by babflyer View Post
With the progressive system my current understanding is that the course itself is supposed to get harder the farther into the run you are and also then there is a greater reward for each gate cleared. ex. -1 for first gate, -3 for second gate, -6 for third gate. If this sounds correct the only thing I really need is the numbers for every gate as I don't know at what rate they compound yet. thanks.
That is correct. The way it works is you get the total of the gate number you cleared plus the sum of the previous gates. The breakdown is as follows:

Gate 1 = 1 progress pt.
Gate 2 = 3 pts.
Gate 3 = 6 pts.
Gate 4 = 10 pts.
Gate 5 = 15 pts.
Gate 6 = 21 pts.
Gate 7 = 28 pts.
Gate 8 = 36 pts.
Gate 9 = 45 pts.
Gate 10 = 55 pts.

Glad to see you guys come out last night, hope to see you again on the regular
DiabloPres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 07:09 AM   #24
babflyer

thanks for the clarification.
Old 01-17-2010, 09:36 AM   #25
DiabloPres
Quarry Creeper

Default First Comp Results

All right fellas,

We officially have begun the winter points series with the first comp under our belts. We had a few discussion topics last night before running, so here is a recap.

1. We are adopting the official rule of the 20 point maximum per gate. This means if you accumulate 20 points trying to progress a gate, you automatically move to the exit of that gate without progress points.

2. The standings and payout for this event will be the same as the Fall series. The standings will be determined by points won at each event, not total scores. And the payout is:

1st place = 40%
2nd place = 30%
3rd place = 15%
4th place = 10%
5th place = 5%

This is of the net total purse accumulated with each comp. The more drivers we have, the sweeter the pot will be.

Now onto the good stuff...last nights scores!!

Great to see such a large turnout...it seems we've almost outgrown the new place...never thought that was possible!!!

Eric -5 -43 -53 = -101---- 20 pts
Pete -5 -5 -44 = -54---- 19 pts
Cory -5 -5 -31 = -41---- 18 pts
Bob 4 -5 -32 = -33---- 17 pts
Nathan -5 -5 -5 = -15---- 16 pts - MOST IMPROVED
Dennie 19 -5 -22 = -8---- 15 pts
Bart 12 -5 -5 = 2 ----14 pts
Gabe 25 -5 -5 = 15---- 13 pts
Glen 34 12 -5 = 41---- 12 pts
Sean 12 4 25 = 41---- 11 pts
Andy P. 34 12 12 = 58---- 10 pts
Griffin 39 25 -5 = 59---- 9 pts
Brendan 30 19 25 = 74---- 8 pts
Brent 34 4 50 = 88---- 7 pts

Good running everyone!! Next one is in two weeks on the 30th. See ya all then.

-E
Old 01-17-2010, 09:40 AM   #26
EeePee
MODERATOR™

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabloPres View Post
1. We are adopting the official rule of the 20 point maximum per gate.
I want a revote after last night.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 09:44 AM   #27
DiabloPres
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by EeePee View Post
We kinda did both last night...progressive gates and the 20 pt. rule. We need to only do one. Scores will start to seperate out then.
Old 01-17-2010, 10:10 AM   #28
Frank Rizzo
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by EeePee View Post
I think a revote would be great..
the 20pt thing makes for a cluster. I voted for it but then realized that my initial thoughts were flawed.
Its tough to make these choices on the spot without trying them out first.
Anyway I can be noted as against it.
Old 01-17-2010, 10:57 AM   #29
bart
Rock Stacker

i Thoth that the 20pt gate would be a grate thing WRONG i did a point out on gate 10 before i got progress so i was a bit mad. now i don't no if my truck would have made it or not. I now i did vote for the 20pt gate but i was wrong.
bart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 01:22 PM   #30
holycaveman
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bart View Post
i Thoth that the 20pt gate would be a grate thing WRONG i did a point out on gate 10 before i got progress so i was a bit mad. now i don't no if my truck would have made it or not. I now i did vote for the 20pt gate but i was wrong.
Not really the time to discuss it, but the way gate 10 was is wrong, other than gate 10, there were no problems with the 20point system.

Read sections 1.7 and 1.8 in the rccrawler rules. The problem lies in the interprations, fortunatly we have common sense.

In the last part is shows a DNF, as in if the course was not complete you get a 40. This does NOT mean that when you take your 20 on gate 10 you get a DNF. Otherwise at your first 20 say gate one, you would automatically get a 40 because in actuality you can't complete the course because you skipped a section. And this is completely wrong.

The rules simply state that you can not aquire more than 20 points per gate, or you move up with no progress points. IF this happens on gate 10 or 2 it makes no difference. IF you go through gate 10 on a 20, then you get NO progress points, but you completed the course.

So in laymens terms. For example, say you have only 10 points comming into gate 10. You can't seem to get gate 10, so you take 20 points, move through the gates, get no progress, but you finish the course. So you have now officially dropped 30 points, and finished the course. SIMPLE

IF any of you are so inclined, please pm fishmaxx. He would be more than happy discuss it with you.

Very simple guys, its just that we tried it wrong, right before the comp. As you know this should have been discussed earlier.

No big deal though, still it was a great time. Glad to see everyone.

Looking forward to tuesday night.

Oh, and great Job Glenn and Nate dog! and griffen! Super improvement.

Last edited by holycaveman; 01-17-2010 at 01:27 PM.
holycaveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 01:54 PM   #31
babflyer

I have two more questions for you guys on how you are scoring. Im not trying to get things stired up as it can get on the usrcca rules discussion threads, I just don't know or even have a guess.

#1. Does the score keeper have to keep a running tab of both positive and negitive points as far as pointing out of a run? Do you just keep track of the positive numbers and then if that hits 40 you then deduct progress points after the fact?
My neighbor Andy and I debated this on the way home as to what we thought would or should happen.
My thoughts are that it would be impossible without a "timout" taken by the score keeper in some instances to get squared back away if both numbers are tallied throughout the run. 1 point of error at say gate 6 for instance could let a driver continue and rack up a lot more progress points while if time were taken to check math the driver would have pointed out by one reverse point on the last reverse before progressing gate 6. I know its wordy, hopefully somebody will know what I am asking. It just appeared to me that when points start racking up they can rack up fast, sometimes faster than a guy could even wright them down let alone do some math with.

#2 Say a rig hits a gate marker at gate 6. If this gate was cleared he would be up to -21progress points. At gate 7 cleared it would be -28. What happens when gate 6 doesnt get progress points? I know it will be +10 for the gate infraction but the rig does get to continue on right? So now does gate 7 become gate 6 as far as score, -21 points or is it -28 for gate 7 minus 6 points that weren't aquired for gate 6 giving a total of -22? This would result in a 1 point difference overall.

lol. I just realized that dependant on the answer to question #1, question #2 could come into play on the fly wich would be brain overload for me for sure during a run.

Anybody know what kind of rig won last night, Im not sure who that is let alone what he would have been driving.
Old 01-17-2010, 02:16 PM   #32
Frank Rizzo
Quarry Creeper

I took a look at the rules and it does not mention gate ten being any different than any other gate. So I think our end result was wrong.
This needs to be figured out before {not 5 min before} the next comp. Otherwise scoring is going to be a joke.

I did pm fishmaxx with this to get a better understanding but I think I'm still against the use of this rule.

Last edited by Frank Rizzo; 01-17-2010 at 02:28 PM.
Old 01-17-2010, 02:28 PM   #33
EDGE
Quarry Creeper

eric-losi
pete-losi
cory-losi
bob-moa
nate-losi
dennie-losi
bart-moa
gabe-axial
glen-axial
sean-moa?
andy-moa
griffin-?
brendan-axial
brent-losi
EDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 02:31 PM   #34
EDGE
Quarry Creeper

freakin losi's!
not that i'm jealous

Last edited by EDGE; 01-17-2010 at 02:55 PM.
EDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 03:56 PM   #35
holycaveman
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by babflyer View Post
I have two more questions for you guys on how you are scoring. Im not trying to get things stired up as it can get on the usrcca rules discussion threads, I just don't know or even have a guess.

#1. Does the score keeper have to keep a running tab of both positive and negitive points as far as pointing out of a run? Do you just keep track of the positive numbers and then if that hits 40 you then deduct progress points after the fact?
My neighbor Andy and I debated this on the way home as to what we thought would or should happen.
My thoughts are that it would be impossible without a "timout" taken by the score keeper in some instances to get squared back away if both numbers are tallied throughout the run. 1 point of error at say gate 6 for instance could let a driver continue and rack up a lot more progress points while if time were taken to check math the driver would have pointed out by one reverse point on the last reverse before progressing gate 6. I know its wordy, hopefully somebody will know what I am asking. It just appeared to me that when points start racking up they can rack up fast, sometimes faster than a guy could even wright them down let alone do some math with.

#2 Say a rig hits a gate marker at gate 6. If this gate was cleared he would be up to -21progress points. At gate 7 cleared it would be -28. What happens when gate 6 doesnt get progress points? I know it will be +10 for the gate infraction but the rig does get to continue on right? So now does gate 7 become gate 6 as far as score, -21 points or is it -28 for gate 7 minus 6 points that weren't aquired for gate 6 giving a total of -22? This would result in a 1 point difference overall.

lol. I just realized that dependant on the answer to question #1, question #2 could come into play on the fly wich would be brain overload for me for sure during a run.

Anybody know what kind of rig won last night, Im not sure who that is let alone what he would have been driving.
The progression points are not taken in to consideration untill after the run is over.

Pointing out at 40 has only to do with the penalaty points you are accumulating through your run.
Old 01-17-2010, 03:58 PM   #36
holycaveman
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Rizzo View Post
I took a look at the rules and it does not mention gate ten being any different than any other gate. So I think our end result was wrong.
This needs to be figured out before {not 5 min before} the next comp. Otherwise scoring is going to be a joke.

I did pm fishmaxx with this to get a better understanding but I think I'm still against the use of this rule.
Glad you pm'd him Bob.

The better drivers are not going to want the 20pt advance rule. However you need to condider all drivers in this. I have talked to several whom this really helped. The scores show it also.
Old 01-17-2010, 04:07 PM   #37
EeePee
MODERATOR™

The 20 pointer would be fine if there was a finish line. Using the tenth gate as a finish line doesn't seem to work with the 20 point rule. I could be wrong.

I guess we could set our truck up through the gate, hit the gas and that'd end it.

Still gay.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 04:19 PM   #38
babflyer

thanks for the reply caveman.
Old 01-17-2010, 04:24 PM   #39
pistol974

Where's the video ??
pistol974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 04:43 PM   #40
Na'sDad

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistol974 View Post
Where's the video ??
Well, Cory complained about the "highlight" reel, so now I have a 15 min, full length video that is taking forever to upload.
PM me w/ you email if you want me to send you your personal clips - I have Pete, Bob, Cory, Eric, Bart...

I will load the main video soon.
Na'sDad is offline   Reply With Quote