Notices

Thread: Central Ohio Crawlers 2010 Winter Points Series

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2010, 08:49 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Central Ohio Crawlers 2010 Winter Points Series

Central Ohio Crawlers - 2010 Winter Points Series

This Post Will Be Updated as Needed - Please Check Back In Regularly

This is a 2.2 RC rock crawling competition hosted at The Boulder House in Johnstown, Ohio. Your best five of these seven event scores will be used for your final series score. Your finishing position will determine a number of points to be awarded towards the point series.

Entry fees for this event will be $10 per driver. $5 of this is for the House, and $5 goes into the purse.

Prizes will be awarded for the top three drivers. We will be using the progressive gate scoring system for each course, and the total for each event will be assigned points. These points will be as follows:

First Place = 20pts.
Second Place = 19pts.
Third Place = 18pts.
Fourth Place = 17pts.
Fifth Place = 16pts.
Sixth Place = 15pts.
Seventh Place = 14pts.
Eighth Place = 13pts.
Ninth Place = 12pts.
Tenth Place = 11pts.
Eleventh Place = 10pts.
Twelfth Place = 9pts.
Thirteenth Pl = 8pts.
Forteenth Pl = 7pts.
Fifteenth Pl = 6pts.
Sixteenth Pl = 5pts.
Seventeenth Pl = 4pts.
Eighteenth Pl = 3pts.
Nineteenth Pl = 2pts.
Twentieth Pl = 1pt.

Did Not Show's = 0pts.

On the final comp, placing will be determined by your 5 best scores. Prizes will be awarded to the top 3 drivers over the whole series.

All competitions will start promptly at 6:00 p.m. The first course will be set up by 5:45 and we will have a driver's meeting and course walk-through at 5:50. Please be on time and ready to pull numbers by 5:50.

The Schedule is as follows:

Saturday January 16th
Saturday January 30th
Saturday February 13th
Saturday February 27th
Saturday March 13th
Saturday March 27th
Saturday April 10th (Final)

This series is complete...thanks to all that made it possible.

Last edited by DiabloPres; 04-11-2010 at 07:32 AM. Reason: just cuz
DiabloPres is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2010, 02:42 PM   #2
MODERATOR™

How about a 2.2 Sportsman Class?
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 07:05 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by EeePee View Post
How about a 2.2 Sportsman Class?
I think the prob will be that those with non dig shaft trucks are using them for the 2.2 class and those with both only have 2 so the can use their losi in the 2.2 class. plus another comp fee if ran the same way. and if we allow a diggin shafty to disable dig and comp both like we talked about, we may be on to something. but then you double your odds of breaking and screwing both scores fort hat day.
I'll be down if I can use the same truck for both.
Frank Rizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 07:36 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Default Sportsman?

Whats the difference between sportsman class and normal 2.2? And what happen to tom's post about practice?
EDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 07:46 AM   #5
MODERATOR™

Doesn't have to be stock by any means.

I clean up this thread when the topic strays away from the point series. He has a thread about his place.
Old 01-10-2010, 07:56 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Thanks for clarifying. so i'm guessing the problem with two classes would be guys with one rig who want to compete in both classes (and have dig)
EDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 08:00 AM   #7
MODERATOR™

Two separate courses for each would be ideal. Or, run one forwards, one backwards.

Can't drive the same course twice. You've prerun the course, and that's not allowed.
Old 01-10-2010, 08:05 AM   #8
RCC Addict

I might be able to whip up something for a sportsman class? Kind of a good idea. Plus it would give someone an opp to run that is new and doesn't have a truck

Last edited by EeePee; 01-10-2010 at 08:30 AM.
holycaveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 01:44 PM   #9

Hey guys! Just back from the desert - can't wait to see you all Tuesday!
I saw this sportsman on another thread - I'd be down w/ it - you'd have Na's car, me, Griffin (Na's buddy) all running. Plus, when we upgrade, Nathan, he can run both.
Na'sDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 03:42 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Na'sDad View Post
I saw this sportsman on another thread - I'd be down w/ it - you'd have Na's car, me, Griffin (Na's buddy) all running. Plus, when we upgrade, Nathan, he can run both.
This is where the prob lies as of now. you have to choose one or the other. And by forcing the choice we would be taking away from the 2.2 class we have built these series around.
I think a separte course would be fine. I would love to get more crawling into a day.
Money wise I still hate to see finds pulled away from 2.2
also for time we would need to make sure we had enough people on hand to run 2 comps at once.

Heres an idea:
2.2 comes with the standard cost for the comp. And if we have enough to run a Sportsmans class we will. It could be an additional fee maybe $2 ,$3 $5 whatever but Sportsman would pay out that day since we cant be sure there will be enough to have a point series for it at this time.
I think allowing a standars 2.2shafty to diable the dig for the Sportsman would be fine so long as we run a different course. Running backwards may cause a cluster and slow things down for 2.2
Old 01-10-2010, 03:49 PM   #11
MODERATOR™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Rizzo View Post
you have to choose one or the other.
I was thinking more along the lines of, in addition to the 2.2 class. Like, owning more than one truck.

But I can do driving a dig truck with the dig disabled (somehow mechanically) all the same, for now.
Old 01-11-2010, 10:32 AM   #12
RCC Addict

Quote:
Desert? And you came back to the cold:-P

See ya!
Old 01-12-2010, 11:13 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Rizzo View Post
This is where the prob lies as of now. you have to choose one or the other. And by forcing the choice we would be taking away from the 2.2 class we have built these series around.
I think a separate course would be fine. I would love to get more crawling into a day.
Money wise I still hate to see finds pulled away from 2.2
also for time we would need to make sure we had enough people on hand to run 2 comps at once.

Heres an idea:
2.2 comes with the standard cost for the comp. And if we have enough to run a Sportsman class we will. It could be an additional fee maybe $2 ,$3 $5 whatever but Sportsman would pay out that day since we cant be sure there will be enough to have a point series for it at this time.
I think allowing a standard 2.2shafty to disable the dig for the Sportsman would be fine so long as we run a different course. Running backwards may cause a cluster and slow things down for 2.2
Bob – you hate to see funds pulled away from 2.2??? Sure, you’re one of only 3-4 driver’s seriously competing for it! In every series, a large majority are simply paying the top drivers to run. If I run my Slash at the fairgrounds, they wouldn’t make me pay, run in expert, and then pay AGAIN to run in the novice class where I belong.
If we want to grow the sport, we can offer two classes and give drivers the goal of reaching the top class, either by finances, or skill. This allows newbies and “casual” drivers to stay interested by being competitive.
Comments?
Old 01-13-2010, 10:33 AM   #14

Quote:
If we want to grow the sport, we can offer two classes and give drivers the goal of reaching the top class, either by finances, or skill. This allows newbies and “casual” drivers to stay interested by being competitive.
Comments?

I think sportsman is a truck class not a driver class. So Cory will probably run that SSS Axial truck that most of us couldn't even beat with comp rigs with dig in the spring points series and other drivers with Losi trucks it will probably be just as rough for newbies as 2.2 comp.
crawlerbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 04:13 PM   #15
RCC Addict

Maybe you could keep the sportsman class entry level, no dig weather a berg or a axial.

You want to run two classes same truck, AWESOME Its 5 bucks a class. Still the cheapest RC competition out there. This way it does not hurt either class as much. Don't worry about draining the dollars of guys who like to compete, in the class you hope to do well in. If there is a lesser class that some guys may do better in, awesome for them, maybe they will have a better shot?

Whatever you all descide, make sure you keep it fun. Fun first, will help the sport grow

Last edited by holycaveman; 01-13-2010 at 05:24 PM.
Old 01-14-2010, 03:55 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

Default Sportsman Class

Guys, we can discuss this and come up with a plan on Saturday before/during the points series. For now, plan to run whatcha brung, and we will work out the details there.

There have been some very valid arguments on what should be acceptable. I still believe sportsman should be shaft driven, but am not opposed to a shafty with dig running just not using dig. I would say if a driver uses dig on a sportsman course, it's an automatic 50, no excuses.

I do think Tom is right with the fee...You want to run two classes, you pay for each class. We can seperate funds for each class and have an award structure for each one. We can even set up the sportsman class where everyone gets some money rather than just the top few. Again all things to discuss on Saturday.

So moral of the story is....if you want to have input on this issue, show up Saturday for the comp. Otherwise whatever is decided will be it, and you may miss out on a vote for something you wanted to see happen...

Not trying to be bossy, just would like to see this put to bed and finished so we can move on to the FUN part.

-E
DiabloPres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 07:59 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Bob – you hate to see funds pulled away from 2.2??? Sure, you’re one of only 3-4 driver’s seriously competing for it! In every series, a large majority are simply paying the top drivers to run. If I run my Slash at the fairgrounds, they wouldn’t make me pay, run in expert, and then pay AGAIN to run in the novice class where I belong.
Comments?
I agree with Jon,
Sportsman is a TRUCK class It is not novice or newbie and Cory will clean house period. Few people have or can afford multi comp rigs to participate in both classes and this now forces the choice I mentioned.
These series have been set up for 2.2 since we can all participate. I think Cory's suggestion of adding a sportsman class was in addition to 2.2 not instead of 2.2. By running in what you believe to be a lesser class ,wich sportsman is not, you only weaken what I tried to use in the summer series to help people try a bit harder..A pay off.
Not to mention 5th place in the fall series was won by one of the newest people to comping and Pete was only out of the top 5 because of starting so late in the series.
By trying to split this into smaller groups the pay off disapears. It would then make more sense to just sign up for sportsman since it, by this logic, is where the easier money is. It is my belief that you will not progress without a challenge As for being casual or competitive if you want a casual crawl a competition is the wrong place for it.
Old 01-15-2010, 05:00 PM   #18

new to crawling, got a losi comp with a novak 1.5 3s ballistic system. I may have to try and make my way out there and play on them boulders.

I have been busting my hump gathering rocks form everywhere I can think of from the farm, even got a load from another farm yesterday. washed the pile down with the 2" hose and pump and got to play a little tonight but am really wanting to see how you guys score these things.

you can only couch crawl so long. had the living room setup with ladder bridges, stick bridges, rope bridges, thankfully the snow melted.

Last edited by babflyer; 01-15-2010 at 05:04 PM. Reason: heck of it
babflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 07:24 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by babflyer View Post
new to crawling, got a losi comp with a novak 1.5 3s ballistic system. I may have to try and make my way out there and play on them boulders.

I have been busting my hump gathering rocks form everywhere I can think of from the farm, even got a load from another farm yesterday. washed the pile down with the 2" hose and pump and got to play a little tonight but am really wanting to see how you guys score these things.

you can only couch crawl so long. had the living room setup with ladder bridges, stick bridges, rope bridges, thankfully the snow melted.
Its the perfect time to come out. As you have been reading the winter series kicks off tomorow and the losi seems to be the way to go. Guys brand new to crawling have been kicking butt with those things. So much so that I just picked one up in an attempt to stay competitive. There will be quite a few guys out there and all of them are willing to help a newcomer with anything they can.
Hope you can make it

Last edited by Frank Rizzo; 01-15-2010 at 07:26 PM.
Old 01-15-2010, 09:46 PM   #20

Na's Comp Crawler is set up painted, and looks awesome. He's running w/out dig, but will definitely shave off points w/ the steering and worm gear alone!

Converted the Micro into a scaler, and Na's converted the Axial into a Top Truck (thank you Cory and Gabe!)

Tomorrow night can't come fast enough...