Notices

Thread: Central Ohio Crawlers -Club Thread-

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2010, 03:29 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Central Ohio Crawlers -Club Thread-

Central Ohio Crawlers
Official Club Thread
Due to the fact that we are now an actual club, I think we need to have a place to discuss club matters without all of the general chit chat. I would like this to be a place that we can post updates from meetings, organize events, and hold club related voting.

Please keep all personal chat out of this thread so that it reflects only current club info without any confusion. If there are any questions, please PM me first before posting here, I will do my best and if need be we will introduce it to the thread.

I would also like to see any concerns that may need group attention posted no more than one week prior to the monthly meetings(First Tues. of each month at The Boulder House). Please do not respond to concerns here, unless a vote is opened. This does not mean if its not posted it will not be reviewed at the monthly meeting. This just gives me a chance to have a general idea of what the meeting may entail without having to scour the thread.

In the near future I will post the minutes from our first few meetings and we can go from there.

I appreciate your help in keeping this a concise informative thread.
Thank you, Bob

Last edited by Frank Rizzo; 07-19-2010 at 04:35 PM.
Frank Rizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-2010, 04:20 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Initial Club Meeting 4-6-10

4-6-2010 Central Ohio Crawlers Meeting
As per voting members:

Gabe - currently not online- will be Club President
Eric (DiabloPres) will be Treasurer
Bob (Frank Rizzo) will be Secretary

For the upcoming Spring/Summer series:
-There will be a $5 entry fee per event.
For a $25 buy in you will be able to run in 5 events and receive a T-shirt.
Beyond that you will pay for additional events at $5 a piece.
Anyone who competes in 5 or more events will get a t-shirt once they have paid for their 5th event if they chose not to do the buy in.

-We will be competing at 10am on Sunday mornings.
-We will be using the current national rules for progress (-2 per gate, Not Progressive Scoring) This will also be used on Tues. nights as well.

Last edited by Frank Rizzo; 07-19-2010 at 04:25 PM.
Old 07-19-2010, 04:25 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Default Club Meeting 5-4-10

From the club meeting held on 5-4-10,
Comps # 2 & 3 have each been pushed back one week do to Mother's Day and Memorial Day.
The new Dates will be:

2- May 16th at Emerald Parkway
3- June 6th at Acadamy Park

We also voted on shirt designs and will get those out for print ASAP.

Finaly an informal discussion was had over membership and voting rights.
As of now it is free but is expected to change in 2011.
As far as voting we are asking that those who vote are contributing something. This could be course design, spotting , scoring/ judging general set up. Whatever you can offer to help out.
Old 07-19-2010, 04:30 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Default Club Meeting 6-1-10

As of last nights meeting:

We have decided to wait to hand out the series shirts until the final comp due to ordering constraints. If the final comp will be your 5th comp you will need to prepay for that comp if you want a shirt so we can get the order in.

Also. In regard to tie scores in the series.
For any single comp a tie Will result in each competitor sharing the place they tied for. The next highest score will take the points for the next open placement as if the tie did not occur.....2 people tie for first they each get 20pts for the day the next lowest score will be given 3rd place and 18pts
Old 07-19-2010, 04:32 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Default Club meeting 7-6-10

As of the 7-6-10 C.O.C meeting:

*Jon, Erick, Bob, Cory, Todd, Paul, Danny, Tom (and Pete as of yesterday) have all paid $25 into the series pot. These 9 will receive shirts for their support and participation.

* As stated in the past: Those who participate in 5 or more events will receive a shirt.
* To make ordering less of a nightmare-
if the last comp will bring you to the 5comp/ $25 total, You must pre-pay by the 6th comp to receive a shirt.

Danny also wanted it to be known that he would like to see a front pocket logo on the shirt. We are waiting to see what the total account ballance is to determine that but if anyone wants to show their support the window is open.

*As of the meeting we have $265 in the club's account
Old 07-28-2010, 09:46 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Default Heads Up.

Tom will be out of town next week. This means that our usual meeting date must change. We will conduct our monthly club meeting at some point durring the Aug 1st comp. at Acadamy Park. For details on location and time please see the COC Summer Point Series thread.

As of now I know we will discuss shirts, awards and the final comp. Feel free to bring any thoughts to the table.
Thanx and hope to see you all Sunday
Old 08-26-2010, 04:16 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Default Point Series

Everyone.

The Spring/Summer Series has wrapped up and we are now moving into the Fall/Winter Points Series. I have a tentative timeline drawn up, but would like to get input from all members who want to at our next club meeting. If you want to have a say on dates and days, please show up to the next club meeting at the Boulder House on September 7th. We will discuss (among other things) the Fall Series.

Also,

I would like to do something similar with shirts or maybe hats for this series, so bring your ideas to the table.

Thanks,

-E
DiabloPres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 09:50 AM   #8
0 0

I cant make it to the club meetings but I just wanted to throw out the idea of possibly having a sportsman class along with 2.2 pro for the next series. Alot of you guys already look like you have a potential sportsman rig. I just snagged one up. Anyways, Just a thought
romulus22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 10:02 AM   #9
MODERATOR™

And I'd be interested.

From my viewpoint it will require building three more courses to run concurrently with the regular 2.2 class. Also, it will mean balancing spotter and scorekeeper duties. With our attendance numbers, that means everyone will need to step it up a tad for this to work. I think those interested in a Sportsman class would be willing.

Here's an idea that might help with this, run a best three out of five instead of best five out of seven.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 04:54 PM   #10
Rock Stacker

so when do we start comps?
bart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 04:07 AM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bart View Post
so when do we start comps?
we will finalize dates and locations tonight at the club meeting. If you want to vote and have input, show up at the Boulder House tonight.

-E
Old 09-08-2010, 06:16 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

The series thread will be up soon please keep all series related thoughts/ chat and questions to that thread. Eric is heading up this series if you need specifics prior to an official post.

We are trying to reserve this thread to provide club info after it has been voted or decided upon unless a specific vote is opend here. This will keep things much cleaner and allow easier access to needed info.

I should have last nights meeting info up tonight with any luck.

Thank you.
Old 09-10-2010, 08:31 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Default Club Meeting 9-7-10

At this months meeting it was decided:

*The fall/winter series would be held on Sundays.

*All agreed with Eric's schedule.
Please follow link for specific point series info:
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=269228

*The best non-dig shafty in the series will now earn a trophy.

*Gabe will be setting up a few scale events that will run along with the point series. A 50/50 raffle may come of the entry fee for this. More info to come.

*It will now be enforced that you have 2 min. to be at the start line after the previous driver has finished. Failure to do so will result in a 50pnt DNS for that course. This will help with time as we grow as a group.

*We will be going with long sleeve T's for this series. I will be working on the designs in my spare time and welcome anyone else to do the same.

*$50 from each point series will now be held back to build the club fund.
Old 11-10-2010, 06:08 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Default Catching up.

Hey all sorry I've gotten a bit behind on the updates.

October's and November's meetings were concentrated on a few things first was the groundwork for the upcoming fundraiser for the Boulder House in dec.
This was all finalized in this months meeting and details will be in the Day of Crawling Food and Fun at the Boulder House thread.

We urge those who are active participants in the club to please find a way to pitch in ie Plates, Napkins, Tables,Chairs anything you think could make for a better event.

This is to raise money for our home spot as well as to continue furthuring ourselves as a club. Going into the new year we would like to try to become nationaly recognized. This means holding a specified number of events and drawing consistant numbers.

Another step we have thought about as a groyup is a club web site. This would give easy direct access to our club info and save us from printing URL's like this: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/newre...te=1&p=2630225 on a flyer. From our site we could then link and direct others to rccrawler.com. This will be a much more user friendly aproach for noobs. Eric has Hosting taken care of so we will need to build and maintain from there. This will be discussed further at the dec meeting.

A few small things that we have discussed changing:
Course length.. We have decieded on nights with higher attendance we should limit courses to 5min., At a specified # of participants we will also go to Two courses at once and that means more than just the same handfull of members stepping up and doing the judging/spotting /courese building/ measuring&chalking etc.

The more we work together to streamline things the better time everyone can have. The better time had by all will encourage new guys to stick around. The more noobs that stick around the stronger the clu grows and eventualy ........
We Will TAke Over The World
Or Not....
But, This will help The Club, The Boulder House, and the Hobby

Eric, let me know if I missed anything here.
Old 11-11-2010, 09:57 AM   #15
Quarry Creeper

World Domination through rock crawling i'm in!

i just need to get around this work thing. anybody got a couple mil i can borrow?
EDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 08:51 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

Default 2011 is here

OK, It's been a while and we have been working out some details over the last few meetings. 2011 will bring some changes that I think will further our club and what we can provide to the OH crawling community. Here are the updates and working plans as of now.

1. DUES- On Feb.1 we will begin paying dues for membership. The cost will be $25 for the year and will provide members with discounted crawling rates at The Boulder House and any C.O.C. events.
The Boulder House rates will be going up to $7 per day(currently Tues. nights and Sat. nights.) Members will continue to pay only $5. This point series fees will remain the same as they have been posted. Member discounts will aply to upcoming series and special events held by C.O.C. This yearly fee will easily pay for itself for anyone who comes out regularly. All first timers to the Boulder House will crawl for $5 on their first visit, member or not. All club members will be expected to show initiative and help on weely crawling at The Boulder House and C.O.C. events. This will include course building, score keeping , and spotting.
This will need to be a group effort to make the best of it for everyone.

2. On Feb 1 we will be voting on club officers. If you are interested please post up. Please keep in mind theat we are looking for those who will take the time to put effort into building our club and furthering the hobby. As we rely on the internet to communicate with the crawling community, an internet presence is a must. offices will include
President: One who will serve as a spokesperson have a working knowledge of the hobby and its rules and be able to able to make informed decisions in the event of tied voting at meetings.
Secretary: One who will be willing to document club meetings and post info online for all to see.
Treasurer: one who is reliable with funds willing to handle all banking and financial matters.
All officers will be expected to attend the majority of club meetings and set a good example for others involved.
Currently Diablopres and myself are willing to continue to serve the group in anyway needed.

3. We have decided to begin work on a club website. This will make it easier for new comers to find their way to our club and events. Eric can provide free hosting and is working on securing a domain name for us. We will need someone to build the site. If you can help with software, time or skill please let us know. The site will include club info, dates, events, contacts,locations, pictures and links to club threads on RCCRAWLER.COM.

4. UPCOMING EVENTS- We are in the begining stages of planning our next big event and are currently looking at the 1st or 2nd weekend of March. Please contact Eric or Me with any ideas you may have.
**We are also planning a WORK party on JAN.22nd to begin making use of the funds gained at the Holiday Havoc event. We will be finishing the wall at The Boulder House to separate the crawling area from the bike shop. Once this is done we will prob have more access to the rocks even when Tom is not there since his shop will be secured.

5. WINTER SERIES SHIRTS- We are still open to designs. I have also found out we can vary shirt style and color from person to person. We will need to maintain a single ink color for the order to remain within budget. This is just something you can be thinking about.

I think that is it for now. I hope you are all as excited to go forward with this as I am. Thank you all for your support.

Last edited by Frank Rizzo; 01-08-2011 at 07:27 AM.
Old 01-08-2011, 04:17 AM   #17
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Rizzo View Post
We are also planning a WORK party on Dec.22nd
??? jan. 22nd
Old 01-08-2011, 07:29 AM   #18
Quarry Creeper

Default Work Party

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge0877 View Post
??? jan. 22nd
Yes, Sorry, the work party will be Jan. 22.
Still getting used to 2011
Old 01-10-2011, 11:21 AM   #19
Quarry Creeper

Default Website

We now officially own the domain name of:

www.centralohiocrawlers.com

We, as Bob said, are now in need of a webmaster savy volunteer to build the site for us. Anyone who wants to step up and take this on, please contact Bob or myself for info.

Thanks,

-E
Old 01-10-2011, 08:38 PM   #20
Quarry Creeper

Love it! Can't wait till it's up and runnin'