Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Ohio

Notices

Thread: Holiday Havoc 2 in Ohio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2011, 06:18 AM   #81
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by vn1500 View Post
Only one of the most delicious,awesome,amazing,wonderful,peace on earth spreading,good for your soul,spine tingling,lip quivering,mouth watering cake you'll ever eat.
Sounds kinda good.........are you sharing any Jeff?
MadMax5978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-22-2011, 08:04 AM   #82
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax5978 View Post
Sounds kinda good.........are you sharing any Jeff?
everyone knows me to be helpful and giving but when it comes to the "TWISTED CAKE", you are out of luck there
mustangboy_347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 10:04 AM   #83
Rock Crawler

Less than a week, can't wait!!!
GRIMGREG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 11:34 AM   #84
Quarry Creeper

Default Prepay

Everyone,

I know we said that you could pay at the door, but anyone who could possibly prepay by paypal would be appreciated. It would go a long way with taking care of the pre-event expenses like the food, cake, plates, flatware, etc. Paypal info is:

paypal@centralohiocrawlers.com

Please send as gift and be sure to include your real name and RCC alias in the note.

Thanks, and can't wait to see everyone in less than a week!!!!

Eric
DiabloPres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 12:14 PM   #85
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabloPres View Post
Everyone,

I know we said that you could pay at the door, but anyone who could possibly prepay by paypal would be appreciated. It would go a long way with taking care of the pre-event expenses like the food, cake, plates, flatware, etc. Paypal info is:

paypal@centralohiocrawlers.com

Please send as gift and be sure to include your real name and RCC alias in the note.

Thanks, and can't wait to see everyone in less than a week!!!!

Eric

No problem. Payment sent. See you next week!
EvilTwin v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 05:38 PM   #86
Rock Crawler

Payment Sent! My mouth is watering for some RT 62 BBQ! See you guys Saturday!
BuckImod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 06:15 PM   #87
Rock Crawler

i was talking to Holycaveman last night about who is going to put up courses and i was thinking if we have driver numbers why dont we pick 8 drivers to set up courses from the drivers list ... that way no one can say anything about house advantage and it gets different clubs to put their minds together for KILLER courses...and another note have you guys added up all the drivers and then 6 min courses ,it looks like it will be around 9 1/2 hours of comping so do you think you should start a little earlier ....
Old 11-27-2011, 07:50 PM   #88
Quarry Creeper

I like that idea Mustang.
After speaking with Tom I am sure that visiting clubs will have a hand in course design. The only concern the house has on course design is that they don't point the newer guys out at gate one or two. We want to keep it fun for everyone who shows up. Other than that we ask that you take Some advice from the house if deemed necessary. IE if we know a particular gate is impossible we may bring your attention to it so you can look at other options.
None of this is to say there will not be tough courses. Currently the layout is new to everyone. As usual we try to rearrange the entire venue prior to a comp like this. We want to keep it fresh for everyone. 95% of the rocks have been drastically altered in the last 2 weeks.
Also, the plan is to have three, 8 gate 4 minute courses and a finals course. Some courses will be ran simultaneously to reduce the length of the day as well. .

I don't remember if it was posted but we are having a swap meet/ yard sale so be sure to bring what you have

Last edited by Frank Rizzo; 11-27-2011 at 08:06 PM.
Frank Rizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 06:00 AM   #89
Rock Crawler

5 DAYS
Old 11-28-2011, 06:46 AM   #90
RCC Addict

Wish I could make this, but still getting the rig together. Plus I can't keep borrowing rigs a whole season is enough Have fun guys and hope to see ya guys soon at another event.

Later,
Farmer
Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 07:09 AM   #91
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ Farmer View Post
Wish I could make this, but still getting the rig together. Plus I can't keep borrowing rigs a whole season is enough Have fun guys and hope to see ya guys soon at another event.

Later,
Farmer

if twisted dont come you can use my rig ... hate to not have you there ...lmk
Old 11-28-2011, 07:12 AM   #92
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ Farmer View Post

Later,
Farmer
You can use mine.
Old 11-28-2011, 10:23 AM   #93
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Rizzo View Post
After speaking with Tom I am sure that visiting clubs will have a hand in course design. The only concern the house has on course design is that they don't point the newer guys out at gate one or two. We want to keep it fun for everyone who shows up. Other than that we ask that you take Some advice from the house if deemed necessary. IE if we know a particular gate is impossible we may bring your attention to it so you can look at other options.
None of this is to say there will not be tough courses. Currently the layout is new to everyone. As usual we try to rearrange the entire venue prior to a comp like this. We want to keep it fresh for everyone. 95% of the rocks have been drastically altered in the last 2 weeks.
Also, the plan is to have three, 8 gate 4 minute courses and a finals course. Some courses will be ran simultaneously to reduce the length of the day as well. .

I don't remember if it was posted but we are having a swap meet/ yard sale so be sure to bring what you have
i know what your saying but if you look at the list of drivers there is not any NOOBIES on there , all i see is people that are very good drivers and need their skills pushed .... i know it is suppose to be fun and GTG but it is also bragging rights till the next one also.... but im just making waves and suggestions .... plus since NITROJEFF wont be there i will say it "i'm goin to win"
Old 11-28-2011, 12:07 PM   #94
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangboy_347 View Post
i know what your saying but if you look at the list of drivers there is not any NOOBIES on there , all i see is people that are very good drivers and need their skills pushed .... i know it is suppose to be fun and GTG but it is also bragging rights till the next one also.... but im just making waves and suggestions .... plus since NITROJEFF wont be there i will say it "i'm goin to win"
We won't have a complete list until that day, I know last year I didn't "pre-reg" for it, I just showed up and was noob as you can get too (only had the rig for 1 week, and new to RC). Better drivers will get better times and less penalties, so that alone can be a deciding factor, even if everyone finishes the courses.

If you want hell gates, we can do a finals course of nothing but those since the finals will be the best 10 of the group.
GRIMGREG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 12:35 PM   #95
Rock Crawler

Vn1500 xr-mantis - YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/user/mustangboy347

here is a taste of the courses we ran on saturdays work night

Last edited by mustangboy_347; 11-29-2011 at 06:19 PM.
Old 11-28-2011, 01:35 PM   #96
RCC Addict

PayPal Sent!

I wouldn't mind setting up a course or two.

cant wait guys, looking forward to this.
The Real Dogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 01:37 PM   #97
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangboy_347 View Post
Vn1500 xr-mantis - YouTube

here is a taste of the courses we ran on saturdays work night
If Tom finished thats too easy!

First 3 gates should be shafty friendly...past that should become harder, thats the common thought process on course design.
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 06:53 PM   #98
Rock Stacker

i moved all my electronics in my t1e now thy site lower then the chase maybe it will help meif not to the trash it gos
bart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 08:12 PM   #99
I wanna be Dave

I'll lend a hand to the course building if you'd like. I've learned a thing or two about the rocks there after the last course I built there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Rizzo View Post

Old 11-29-2011, 06:43 AM   #100
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryterror View Post
If Tom finished thats too easy!

First 3 gates should be shafty friendly...past that should become harder, thats the common thought process on course design.
I have a slightly different thought on that. I think that any extremely difficult gate should have an out, whether by nonstandard thinking or eating a gate...regardless of where it is on the course.
Trying to have a progression of digficulty with every course can make it difficult to really make the best use of terrain. Besides, I like making a driver think and way out the benefits of eating a gate vs the time and points it might take to get through it clean.