Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Ohio

Notices

Thread: Central Ohio Scalers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2011, 11:26 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Central Ohio Scalers

is there anyone in columbus? looking for a group to hang out with on the weekends, somewhere in columbus. i live like 3 minutes from cyclone hobbies (a.k.a. the best rc shop in the world). scalers or crawlers
mini freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2011, 11:37 AM   #2

There is a great group of guys here in Columbus. Check out the Central Ohio fall and winter points series thread or the Boulder House threads.
crawlerbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 11:51 AM   #3
MODERATOR™

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawlerbug View Post
There is a great group of guys here in Columbus.
Indeed!
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 07:10 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

anything besides the boulder house is what i meant. like a group of people here in columbus that get together on the weekends and go crawling for a couple of hours during the day at like parks and nature trails, stuff of that nature
Old 11-05-2011, 07:39 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

The point series crawler bug mentioned above is the easiest way to find a group on a weekend at a park or outdoor venues.

There are a few guys near by that are into scalers but they rarely post up.

Most of the guys are more into comp crawlers. As we get into the bad winter weather the boulder house is usualy where you will find the locals.
Frank Rizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 10:21 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

The COC website has some of the local crawl spots listed. Though don't randomly go out to places expecting to see others out at those spots. Like was said the only local "group" that is really active now would be those of us from COC who are comp crawling, doing our point series and meeting at the Boulder House on Tuesdays and Saturdays for practice/tuning sessions. We also have one of our big annual g2gs coming up out there, Holiday Havoc 2. My first group experience crawling was at the first one last year, and it was a good time even for a complete beginer as I was.

BTW, I'm 3 blocks from Cyclone myself.
GRIMGREG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 06:43 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

yeah, i got a losi night crawler and my dad has a axial scx10. i went to cyclone hobbies last weekend for an adapter for my slash, and there was a guy that said he had a group of people who had scalers and crawlers and they meet every sunday at some park very close to cyclone.

the boulder house is nice, but getting the time and money for gas because its like a 20 minute drive for me.
Old 11-06-2011, 03:11 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

I think some of the scalers hit Glen Echo fairly often, it's down between Hudson and Weber.
GRIMGREG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 03:39 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

I was at Emerald parkway today. I usually go there or Glenn Echo.
redjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 04:02 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by redjones View Post
I was at Emerald parkway today. I usually go there or Glenn Echo.
that sounds good to me considering that i live on weber rd, do you guys go on every sunday?
Old 11-06-2011, 05:47 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

I am always by myself. I am down for a trail run anytime. I live in the ville also.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:18 PM   #12

I was the one at the hobby shop you talked too. My computer is broke so I haven't been on. Went to echo today next Sunday we can all meet up and run. We meet at the goodwill on high street across from the new hustler store. Let's say 11:00am Sunday the 13th.

Post up if you can be there.
pistol974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 06:10 AM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistol974 View Post
I was the one at the hobby shop you talked too. My computer is broke so I haven't been on. Went to echo today next Sunday we can all meet up and run. We meet at the goodwill on high street across from the new hustler store. Let's say 11:00am Sunday the 13th.

Sounds good to me, I will confirm on Friday to be sure. Hopefully I will have my 1.55 iroks on.
Old 11-08-2011, 07:18 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

I'm always game for some trail runs. I have a few areas within 20 mins of Col that are very sweet, plus the usual local areas. I'm game any Friday or Saturday.
THEmicroRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 07:58 PM   #15
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistol974 View Post

i dought i will be there, we have a swap meet saturday and i have two batteries and my dad has only one. how long do you guys usually go for?
Old 11-08-2011, 08:11 PM   #16

We are there for a couple hours. You guys should stop by.

Sunday's are our day for scaleing.

1.55 might have a rough time but you never know

Last edited by pistol974; 11-08-2011 at 09:06 PM.
pistol974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 02:15 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

Im another scaler in the area. Anyone is welcome to come out with us on Sunday or post up when you can go out. Unfortunately, you wont find many scalers at the boulder house. none of us are really into the comp scene and there is no real place for us there.

but our "group" is actually really active. we're all about having fun and driving. you can get a year's worth of comping in one afternoon of scaling with us. we run scalers, wraiths, rally cars, heli's, whatever we have an interest in. A couple of us also have full size rock crawlers, so we also hit up the local offroad parks. hit up pistol or myself if you are interested. we dont post much but we do check pm's.
elbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 02:48 PM   #18
Pebble Pounder

my dad actaully had his scx10 on the boulder house course the one time we went there and all the other guys were very impress because he was doing everything these $1500 xr10's and bully's. but yeah i will see and maybe this week or next week we will be able to come, we just have to get a couple more batteries
Old 11-09-2011, 06:49 PM   #19
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by elbo View Post
Im another scaler in the area. Anyone is welcome to come out with us on Sunday or post up when you can go out. Unfortunately, you wont find many scalers at the boulder house. none of us are really into the comp scene and there is no real place for us there.

but our "group" is actually really active. we're all about having fun and driving. you can get a year's worth of comping in one afternoon of scaling with us. we run scalers, wraiths, rally cars, heli's, whatever we have an interest in. A couple of us also have full size rock crawlers, so we also hit up the local offroad parks. hit up pistol or myself if you are interested. we dont post much but we do check pm's.
if i get my top truck done i would like to run with yall
bart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 12:13 PM   #20
Quarry Creeper

So, is anyone down for Sunday. I am planning on stopping in at Cyclone at noon. I just put on my super swampers and gotta see how they perform.