Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Ohio

Notices

Thread: scale ttc May11!!!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2013, 12:04 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default scale ttc May11!!!!!!

The Pigpen rc club is holding a scale ttc on May 11 near Mount Vernon. Last year we had around 25 trucks in cold and rainy conditions. We expect to have more this time. There will be a prize and entry fees. I'll update this weekend with the time. I am not running this event, just passing on the info in hopes of getting more competitors. And one more time, its a SCALE TTC. Not comp crawlers.

Last edited by THEmicroRR; 05-01-2013 at 12:05 AM. Reason: Spelling
THEmicroRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2013, 05:28 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: scale ttc May11!!!!!!

I see views and a like, but isn't anyone interested? There's log crossings, rock climbs, river crossing, hill climb, mud pit, sand pit, bridge and other obstacles.
Old 05-07-2013, 06:36 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Have to see if i'm working.
ima_redneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:49 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Mike, I really was hoping to make this and Battlegrounds. Mother's Day is tying me up this weekend and my oldest daughter's dance recital is the weekend of Battlegrounds. Just a tough time of the year.
Devil Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:56 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Its at 12337 Vincent Rd. Mount Vernon, Ohio 43050. We'll be there at 9, first truck on course at 11. There are prizes, food and a separate mud pit event afterwards called the bounty pit. Entry is $15 per rig and there are 3 classes. Come out and enjoy.
Old 05-07-2013, 08:57 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Inc View Post
Mike, I really was hoping to make this and Battlegrounds. Mother's Day is tying me up this weekend and my oldest daughter's dance recital is the weekend of Battlegrounds. Just a tough time of the year.
You going to make the rc4wd event in August? We have over a dozen Ohio Gurus going.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:02 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Not going to make that one, there's a great group of guys going, but I won't be able to swing the funds. Heck, I don't even have a Class 1 or 2 truck built, just my Wraith. It's frustrating for me, cause I thought this would be the year I could hit all the events close by. I've only been out trailing away from home twice so far this year.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:20 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Inc View Post
Not going to make that one, there's a great group of guys going, but I won't be able to swing the funds. Heck, I don't even have a Class 1 or 2 truck built, just my Wraith. It's frustrating for me, cause I thought this would be the year I could hit all the events close by. I've only been out trailing away from home twice so far this year.
If you ever have a Tuesday or Wednesday off let me know, we'll get out and do some trailing somewhere. Hell, I'll even drive. Or I'll let my 10 yr old drive us. Well, maybe not after you see him drive his rc's! He truly drives it like he stole it.
Old 05-09-2013, 12:23 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

I work 2nd shift, 5 days a week for the time being. I am next in line to jump to 1st shift though, so that'll be a nice change. I would love to drive down to Columbus and trail with some of you guys. It's hard to make time and plan stuff, with 3 kids you never know who's gonna get sick and what not.
Old 05-11-2013, 08:20 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Even with the cold temps, rain and crazy mud, the event went extremely well. Had around 40 rigs, plus some for a separate event called the bounty pit. In other words, a big @$$ mud hole that swallowed rigs like nothing. The log crossing broke a few as well. Even had a real sled pull and a tug of war afterwards. There was plenty of broken rigs afterwards. And some smoke was let out of them as well. Great event, and more to come in the coming months.
Old 08-02-2013, 07:18 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

Any new events planned? You guys got another website that details events / GTG's, or you only post on RCC?
GiJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 09:05 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiJoe View Post
Any new events planned? You guys got another website that details events / GTG's, or you only post on RCC?
Right now we're working on our own website/forum. The easiest way right now is on our Facebook page. Ohio rc scale Gurus. If you're on there pm me your info and I'll have our Pres add you. We only started with a half dozen late last summer and now are close to 400. We have an extremely sweet scale trail at Hoover reservoir near Columbus, we get lots of people together all the time there, it really is perfect for scale trailing.

scale ttc May11!!!!!! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anybody interested in a Scale TTC Challenge? JavelinSST390 Nebraska 62 06-16-2013 08:45 AM
2012 Scale TTC: Little Moab! LAboy Scale Videos! 3 07-01-2012 11:06 PM
Scale runs or TTC adamargue Oklahoma 2 05-04-2012 04:01 PM
TTC or scale comp jscalecrawler 2.2 Scale Rigs 3 11-08-2010 11:43 AM