Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Ohio

Notices

Thread: Building a course in my yard.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2017, 03:33 PM   #1

Default Building a course in my yard.

So Ive decided that I am going to start turning one of my flowerbeds into a course, and would like tips, and ideas on what to add and do. Im planing on enlarging the flower bed to 6ftx26ft, grading the soil beneath it for drainage and adding a weed barrier, then filling in 2-3in of gravel as a base. Is that a good idea or do I need to add a deeper base of gravel. Also what size gravel should I use for the base? I plan on mostly using a Scale crawler/trail truck for the time being (TRX-4)

Last edited by PureDeath; 08-22-2017 at 03:43 PM.
PureDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2018, 12:24 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Building a course in my yard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureDeath View Post
So Ive decided that I am going to start turning one of my flowerbeds into a course, and would like tips, and ideas on what to add and do. Im planing on enlarging the flower bed to 6ftx26ft, grading the soil beneath it for drainage and adding a weed barrier, then filling in 2-3in of gravel as a base. Is that a good idea or do I need to add a deeper base of gravel. Also what size gravel should I use for the base? I plan on mostly using a Scale crawler/trail truck for the time being (TRX-4)
I would not add the gravel. Truck is just going to spin on it when you're in a bind or climbing. Mostly, you just want to add larger boulders with some smaller and medium ones thrown in. I did a little area in my backyard and just continued to move the boulders around and tweak it after I drove on it for a bit. The key is to make it challenging and offer yourself plenty of different line options so it doesn't get old. Depending on how elaborate you wanna get, you could add ladder bridges, rope bridges, etc.

Search youtube - there are some killer track builds on there with plenty of ideas from very basic to completely off the charts!
mewalsh100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 05:06 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Building a course in my yard.

Here's a link to another user's backyard course build. It's pretty friggin sweet.

Welcome to Smiggin's Folly
EZCompany is offline   Reply With Quote

Building a course in my yard. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Building a back yard RC Course cornbreadfarts Newbie General 1 01-27-2015 01:29 AM
Playing in the yard monkeyracing Videos! 0 08-01-2013 09:42 PM
Thinking of building a course in my yard? Mac10 General Crawlers 8 05-08-2007 07:08 PM
Yard stuff Red Rockcrawler Chit Chat 7 03-30-2007 11:44 AM