RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Ohio (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/ohio/)
-   -   Place to crawl (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/ohio/609819-place-crawl.html)

Ram1 06-29-2019 11:25 PM

Place to crawl

I finally was able to pick up a redcat crawler, are there any places in the Reynoldsburg, pataskala, gahanna ohio area where I could test it out at. Thanks

phillysteak33 06-30-2019 03:32 AM

Re: Place to crawl

Pine quarry I hear is nice

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Ram1 06-30-2019 05:20 AM

Thanks, I will check it out.

CrashN8 05-01-2020 07:37 PM

Have you checked out Creekside in downtown Gahanna? I was thinking to go there today. I ended up going to new park in New Albany called Rose Run. The park is still under construction but will be cool soon enough.

Also, I am working on home course - http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/ohio/...me-course.html

Sherman 05-06-2020 01:23 PM

Whereabouts in NA is Rose Run located? That's up near my parents' and would be cool to check out.

bexline 05-26-2020 08:04 AM

Just jumped in the deep end over the weekend. First time owning an RC truck.

I live on the east side of Columbus.

Went over to Quarry Park yesterday. Really nice area for trails/crawling.

Did you guys try out Creekside or Rose Run?

phillysteak33 05-26-2020 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bexline (Post 6025214)
Just jumped in the deep end over the weekend. First time owning an RC truck.

I live on the east side of Columbus.

Went over to Quarry Park yesterday. Really nice area for trails/crawling.

Did you guys try out Creekside or Rose Run?

Where abouts are they?

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk

bexline 05-26-2020 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phillysteak33 (Post 6025225)
Where abouts are they?

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk

Creekside is in downtown Gahanna. Behind Rusty Bucket. Walking trails and such. Not sure how receptive that area would be for rc cars to be running around.

Rose Run is in New Albany apparently. Haven't looked into it yet.

Sherman 05-28-2020 07:08 AM

Creekside doesn't have a whole lot to offer, but I've driven my truck there before. There's a few areas near the creekside to drive, but since most of the park is by the creekside a lot of it is less "natural".

Went to Rose Run a few weekends ago and it was great. There's a bridge where underneath are tons of rocks to crawl and depending on the deepness of the water a few areas to cross. Then you can trek all the way down the creek with primitive "bike trails" or "walking paths" along the creekside and lots of rocks to crawl around on at the edge of the creek.

Another favorite is Glen Echo, with a creek running through it, rocks, ravine walls to climb, and a neat area near one end with a big section of rocks with concrete poured over it making an interesting lumpy terrain.

bexline 05-28-2020 07:33 AM

I think I'm going to go to Rising Park in Lancaster on Saturday morning and see if I can find the trail there. It's been 20+ years since I've been at that park and don't remember much about it other than the tennis courts.

B-MOW71 05-28-2020 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bexline (Post 6025620)
I think I'm going to go to Rising Park in Lancaster on Saturday morning and see if I can find the trail there. It's been 20+ years since I've been at that park and don't remember much about it other than the tennis courts.

Rising Park is a good place to do some tiny truckin'! I've been there a few times in the past couple years.

There is a walking trail by the parking lot. Just follow it all the way up the hill to the top. There is a ton of spots all along the top of the hill to crawl.

There is usually always a group there running their trucks every weekend.

bexline 05-31-2020 08:52 PM

Went to Rising Park on Saturday and Griggs today. Both were great. Really enjoyed Griggs.