RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Ohio (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/ohio/)
-   -   Ohio Get Together (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/ohio/7793-ohio-get-together.html)

EeePee 04-01-2005 10:37 AM

Ohio Get Together

Let's do it already. Columbus is in the middle, I know some are from the North, some are from the South. I can find some good places, but I'm willing to travel if someone has a great spot already.

Just throwing the idear out there...

AdamF 04-01-2005 10:44 AM

Ok.

TwistedCreations 04-01-2005 02:41 PM

yeah i would rather drive 1 1/2 hours than 3 1/2-4 hrs. buit wee need pics ;-) i aint driving up for some pebble pounding :lol:

Emaxximuss78 04-01-2005 03:56 PM

Hey Im onley an hour or so from columbus.
If you set a date let me know

EeePee 04-01-2005 08:51 PM

I'll get working on pics, and whatever else. I'll do that soon.
Again, if you guys got something already, let's see that too. Anywhere, I don't care.
I can't believe there's only three of us in the whole state of Ohio that crawl...?

rcbif 04-03-2005 09:53 AM

I would but i'm only 15 and i doubt my parents would let me go. plus i'm usless with a stock tlt. maybe when I get a car and my txt-1

twisted84toyota 04-05-2005 06:05 AM

WHEN AND WHERE!!!! I'm up for a Col. crawl i have'nt done that since i worked at 4wheel parts on Morse road!

twisted84toyota 04-05-2005 06:10 AM

and there would be at least 3-4 others that would join us as well

AdamF 04-05-2005 07:46 AM

EeePee and I were talking about going to the creek out at my parents house, which is 15 minutes outside of Cincinnati. It will have to wait untill sometime after May 8th or so, I'm getting married April 30th!

twisted84toyota 04-05-2005 11:52 PM

MAN i was hoping for something a little closer like columbus......but we'll have to see whats going on then!!

congrats on getting married!!

EeePee 04-06-2005 12:42 AM

I'm still in for whatever.

twisted84toyota 04-06-2005 12:55 AM

i am too i just dont want to piss a half a day away driving to and from Columbus is only like and hour and a half from us (Team O.G.R.E.)..........that and gas prices don't help Cinncy is more like 2 1/2.

I was just hoping for ease of operation....................but i too am up for anything now that the weather is getting better!!

TwistedCreations 04-06-2005 06:55 AM

i think we should try more for columbus. there is not really anything down here than creeks and mud, that's why i'm setting up my own course in the backyard ;) Creeks are fun, but i get tired of having 20 lb tires after i'm done playing. besides, columbus is about 1 1/2 hr trip also for me... so that way everyone has an equal drive, besides Cory. It will be awhile before i can do anything though. I have a few things to change on my rig( GR COMP carnage) and i'm getting started on Dougs' tuber today to try and get it done.That way we will have another guy to play :D

besides, columbus has more rocks probably...they have a few nice state parks up there, plus hocking hills, and cory mentioned something about a place just down the street from him.. if is GF ever gets back into town, we can get pics :flipoff:

EeePee 04-06-2005 04:36 PM

She won't be home until the weekend. And it's more like, "girlfriend". ;)

I'm not even gonna go scouting around until I have the camera in my hand.
But I do have ideas, and they're all pretty much in central Columbus.
While Hocking Hills has some incredible sites, it's about almost an hour southeast of Columbus.
It'd likely be worth it, but a little far for the Northerns.
I did a Google image search for Old Man's Cave, check it out:

Click me

And check out this guy's gallery of Old Man's Cave:

Click this

Or Hocking Hills:

Click me

Or even Nelson's Ledges up north, that place is pretty cool too. Or Cuyahoga Valley...
I don't know if the Staties would give us a hard time or not, I just don't know.

And finally, if the little park at the end of my street is good, I can host a BBQ/beer thing also.
Couple of battery packs of running, 3 minute walk to my house, recharge, some beer, food, go back...
Only thing is, I'd hate for you guys to come to the park, and you think it's weak, and think the whole trip sucked, but some pics will show ya what I got. I have fun there though. Hills, stream, rock piles, logs, whatever.

TwistedCreations 04-06-2005 06:01 PM

my runtime is about 1 1/2 hrs. so i wont need to walk much :flipoff: :lol:

EeePee 04-06-2005 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedCreations
my runtime is about 1 1/2 hrs. so i wont need to walk much :flipoff: :lol:

Yeah well me too! :flipoff:

AdamF 04-06-2005 08:44 PM

Thats funny, I was searching the Internet last night looking for State Parks and stuff and came upon Hocking Hills and Old Man's Cave. I thought it would be paradise for crawlers if we were allowed to run them! I talked to the old lady too and she said she would like to take a vacation up there sometime.

twisted84toyota 04-07-2005 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EeePee
She won't be home until the weekend. And it's more like, "girlfriend". ;)

I'm not even gonna go scouting around until I have the camera in my hand.
But I do have ideas, and they're all pretty much in central Columbus.
While Hocking Hills has some incredible sites, it's about almost an hour southeast of Columbus.
It'd likely be worth it, but a little far for the Northerns.
I did a Google image search for Old Man's Cave, check it out:

Click me

And check out this guy's gallery of Old Man's Cave:

Click this

Or Hocking Hills:

Click me

Or even Nelson's Ledges up north, that place is pretty cool too. Or Cuyahoga Valley...
I don't know if the Staties would give us a hard time or not, I just don't know.

And finally, if the little park at the end of my street is good, I can host a BBQ/beer thing also.
Couple of battery packs of running, 3 minute walk to my house, recharge, some beer, food, go back...
Only thing is, I'd hate for you guys to come to the park, and you think it's weak, and think the whole trip sucked, but some pics will show ya what I got. I have fun there though. Hills, stream, rock piles, logs, whatever.

its better than the flat ass country that is around here.......at least there are hills in columbus.......................I'm ready for about anything!!

twisted84toyota 04-11-2005 11:45 PM

well OK now lets come up with a time and a place..............................saturdays work out the best for all of us @ T.O. So lets do this!!! I'm jacked out of my mind ready to do some crawling with you guys!!

One other thing,we have our own rules we follow and i'm sure you have your own rules perhaps we can find a middle ground. We do not do it like a full-on competition just to have fun and do some good crawlin

John

EeePee 04-12-2005 05:32 AM

Ok, the camera is back in town, so now I need to go grab it!

I'm pretty open as far as schedules go, as I have nothing to do, except April 23.