Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Ohio

Notices

Thread: NW ohio area!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2007, 01:02 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default NW ohio area!!!

Anyone in the NW Ohio area? I did an Ohio search post was over a year old so, I started a new one. I'm new to this hobby and was JW. If anyone is and is interested I'd like to meet up sometime and do a little Crawling. I've got on spot that I've been to a couple times that's pretty decent and scouting for more. If ya'll wnat to set up a GTG let me know.
shierkahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2007, 01:38 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

BUMP........... still searching for other crawlers in the area!!! Even if you're in SE Mich. I can travel a reasonable distance.and visa versa. Want to get some crawlin in before it gets COLD outside. Thanks
Old 10-18-2007, 04:12 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Check out Tri-State Crawlers.

Try the link in my sig below.

Should be close enough to you.

Last edited by jeepster26104; 10-18-2007 at 04:15 AM.
jeepster26104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 10:51 AM   #4

shierkahn,

I don't know where you are in NW Ohio, but we have started building a couple of courses at our indoor carpet track at the Woodville Mall in Toledo (maybe you've already been there?).
The first is mostly wood "boulders". The owner is working on a second, that is real rock.
Come check it out, or PM/email me for more info.
Once we get everything running, I'll post some pics and we'll have some competition dates setup.
sb7979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 12:54 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

I've been there, but not since the course has been up. We bought the boy a mini LST from Tim right before christmas. A guy (Clay) from my lhs showed me a few pics of it. I'm in Holland by the way (SW of Toledo). I'm working on a new crawler chassis right now and plan to go check it out when it's completed. What's the cost out there for the course anyway? Thanks for the info. Chris
Old 01-25-2008, 05:50 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

I am from the Western NY area and would be willing to travel is there are some events in Ohio that are a resonable drive.
Scottish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 07:34 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by shierkahn View Post
I'm working on a new crawler chassis right now and plan to go check it out when it's completed. What's the cost out there for the course anyway? Thanks for the info. Chris
I hope the chassis is a 2.2. You won't have much fun on the course with a super, it would be too easy.

On none race days, we charge $5 for practice on the track, or running on the rocks. This helps offset the utility bills.
Old 01-29-2008, 11:09 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Yeah, it's a 2.2. I should have it done Friday night sometime. THen probably come out Saterday/Sunday. What days are race days out there? J/W because I know my son is gonna want to play with his mini-LST.

So, I plan to be there this weekend. See ya then.
Old 01-29-2008, 01:14 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

I am south of Toledo in Findlay. I run with NOSTR (Northern Ohio Scale Trail Runners). We have an indoor crawling area at Freddies Hobbies in Ravina, Ohio (near Akron). I will have to come up and check out the indoor area in Toledo.

Find more about NOSTR here:

http://z7.invisionfree.com/Nostr/index.php
Headshok88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 01:50 PM   #10

Headshok88,

I just replied to your PM. I have been reading alot on here about the comps at Freddie's and been thinking about checking it out. I would like to talk to you about it sometime. I gave you my number in the PM, let me know if you plan to stop out to our track sometime and I'll meet you there.

Scott
Old 01-29-2008, 02:04 PM   #11
Rock Stacker

I might try to make it up there Wed. evening.
Headshok88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 12:28 AM   #12
Quarry Creeper

sb7979:

Ya know............we met tonight and I didn't realize it 'till after you left. Me and the Family stopped out with the tuber (WK) and my boys' Mini-LST. I found some thing I have to do to it so, I'm hoping to get it straightened out this week. I'm probably gonna be there most of the day on Saterday.
Maybe I'll see ya there? Later, Chris
Old 02-05-2008, 07:55 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by shierkahn View Post
sb7979:

Ya know............we met tonight and I didn't realize it 'till after you left. Me and the Family stopped out with the tuber (WK) and my boys' Mini-LST. I found some thing I have to do to it so, I'm hoping to get it straightened out this week. I'm probably gonna be there most of the day on Saterday.
Maybe I'll see ya there? Later, Chris
That same thought struck me about an hour after I left.....I was wondering if that was you.
How did the WK do on the course?
I may try to make it out Saturday and see what is going on.
Catch ya later.

Scott
Old 02-06-2008, 12:47 AM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Well, it didn't do too bad but it could do ALOT better. I'm thinking I need to mess with the links some and see what I can come up with. I'm also gonna try to run it sprung. not sure how that's gonna work out though.

But, yeah I'll be there saterday. Since the wife has a baby shower out that way. See ya then, Chris
Old 02-09-2008, 12:27 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Well, I'm not making it out today. Hoping for tomarrow. Later
Old 02-25-2008, 05:42 PM   #16

Hey guys, check out this video of the new crawler course. Details will follow soon about some competitions. PM or email me for more info...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UrZV7hZ6qc

Scott
Old 02-25-2008, 06:07 PM   #17

hello everyone speedy t, from the rock course/race track in woodville mall toledo,oh. sb7979 nice work on spreading the video. i'm gonna get the waterfall stream area in the course this week. we need to get our ruules together competitions coming soonthis web site rocks!!
speedy t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 06:30 PM   #18

Speedy's here....the party is over jk

Keep us updated on upcoming events. Also on the developing on-site hobby store at the track/crawler course. Sounds like you are getting a good supply of crawling stuff.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:12 AM   #19

thanks bud i can feel the live im getting more parts every week. i pick up on wed. made copies of rules and scoresheets were ready to rock!! i'd like to take a trip to that indoor place we need to set up a roadtrip
speedy t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 02:56 PM   #20
Quarry Creeper

hey speedy t im here at riders sylvania location and i was wondering if u were using real rocks or fake ones.
SaVaGe MaN SS is offline   Reply With Quote