Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Ohio

Notices

Thread: Indoor GTG at Ray's MTB in Cleveland OH

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2007, 06:39 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Indoor GTG at Ray's MTB in Cleveland OH

Ray's MTB and NOSTR bring you the first RC / Biking bash under one roof!

Ray's MTB has allowed me to host a Private Event on Monday December 3rd starting at 6pm and ending around 10pm. This means NO ONE at the park except for whoever is in the GTG!

RCs - There is something here for everyone. We'll have a few rock gardens for crawling, a few sections for trail riding, there is a skate park that would be a blast for stadium trucks and minis, and more jumps than you'll know what to do with. Nice spot for Demo Derby action too! Please be sure all RCs are electric.

Bikes - If you have your own BMX or Mountain Bike and have a helmet you are more than welcome to bring them. Everyone who wants to ride must sign a waiver that can be found here. If you are under 18 you will have to be accompanied by a legal guardian. If you don't have a bike I will have about 10 bikes and helmets that you can use.

Now for some park details. Some sections will be taped off for RC use only. Bikes are not allowed here. Other sections will be for both RCs and Bikes. If you are running an RC it will be YOUR responsibility to keep an eye out for bikers. It's a lot harder to keep an eye for an RC when riding the courses. There will be outlets there for charging batteries, restrooms and they have some assorted candy and drinks for sale. I'm not to familiar with the area but believe there are a few local places for food. You will want to bring some clothes that will keep you warm. On average in the winter it is around 50 degrees in there. 90,000sq ft would cost a lot to keep at 70 degrees! Not to mention you heat up pretty quick riding a bike. There is a $100 fee for the park rental. The more that come the cheaper it will be.

Post up if you can make it, I'd like to get a reasonable head count for the event.

Here is a short video I took last week at the park.

Scout ing Video

A video showing the jumps and skate park

Park Video

A few pictures playing on the rocks

Some photos from Ray's site

http://raysmtb.com/photos2.html

Hope to see you there!

Nick
NickRummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-2007, 07:12 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Guys, that is f#cking awesome!!!! Hmmm about 2 1/2-3hrs??? not to bad. 50 degrees beats snow outside anyday
rock runt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 09:49 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

maybe. it would be about 2 1/2hr drive. and its monday. will see.
big mountian biker. down hill. bin to rays before. didn't even think about crawling there. vid is asome. will there be gates or just bashing around?
LEWIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 12:11 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Lewis,

Where do you ride downhill? I used to race. Raced at snowshoe, and a bunch of others. Ever ride at Blue knob?

I'm bringing gates because I'm sure there will be some people there that want to set up some courses. There is going to EVERYTHING.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:41 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

snowshoe LOVE IT. thinking about that freddies indoor kickoff 12/15. not sure about rays. check this out
Attached Images

Old 11-28-2007, 08:56 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Nice man! I haven't rid there in so long. Last time I rode there was 03 or 04 I think. Mayhem in the Mountains. It was the first year the free ride stuff opened. Man those trails were wicked since no one had ridden on them yet!

Sweet Pics! Hope to see you at Freddies!
Old 11-29-2007, 08:17 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

thanks going to try to make it