Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southwest > Oklahoma

Notices

Thread: Comp #6 Broken Damn

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2008, 11:44 AM   #41
Old guy

Come on Don so we can arm wrestle.

Happy 4th, don't forget to tell your kids what the 4th is all about. Sometimes we forget how good we have it.
ROCKEDUP RICKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2008, 03:22 PM   #42
RCC Addict

Just got done testing the GC2 again. I thought the SW3 ran good. DAMN.

GC2 = Negative Scores.

Better tighten it up. Broken Damn may turn into Broken Hearts for you SUCKA'S.
bbyrd22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 07:58 PM   #43
Old guy

I'm planning my week to done by thursday. I talk to the guy who runs the place and I'm going to smooth up the road going in to the place for you guys. it's bad.

And then the boys, they don't know it yet ,but they're getting payed to help hack out some courses friday. Then I'm taking them to my house and make them clean up alittle there too. It's cool being Boss and Dad.
Old 07-06-2008, 08:04 PM   #44
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKEDUP RICKY View Post
And then the boys, they don't know it yet ,but they're getting payed to help hack out some courses friday. Then I'm taking them to my house and make them clean up alittle there too. It's cool being Boss and Dad.
How much you pay? I need a second job to pay for my toys. Can I get per diem and mileage?
Old 07-07-2008, 09:41 AM   #45
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I'm planning my week to done by thursday. I talk to the guy who runs the place and I'm going to smooth up the road going in to the place for you guys. it's bad.

PAY? I'll work for you!

Quote:
Happy 4th, don't forget to tell your kids what the 4th is all about. Sometimes we forget how good we have it.
Celebrating our nations freedom by blowing up a small part of it?
Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 09:20 PM   #46
RCC Addict

Default Jbhardware

Super 8 1800 Highway 412W Siloam Springs 479-524-8898
chad30w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 06:49 PM   #47
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad30w View Post
Is this for the late night booty call?
Old 07-10-2008, 07:00 PM   #48
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyrd22 View Post
Is this for the late night booty call?

Ask for Betty! haha

This will be my first comp...and I can't wait! Hopefully nothing comes up and I get to make it!
Testykalz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 07:41 PM   #49
Old guy

Quote:
Thats 3 miles down the road it's on , can't get anycloser than that.

The rain kinda flooded my job yesterday and today. So we went down there today and cut some courses out, I tryed to use some new spots on higher ground. The low spots might not be dry by saturday.

Got some new pruning shears, they are real sharp ask my fingers.I cut the crap out of my nuckle. I'm going to stop by there on my way home tomorrow with the bobcat a fix the road going in there a little.

Anyboby need me to tell them how to get there PM me and Leave a # and I'll call you a tell you. Cell phones don't allways work there.
Old 07-10-2008, 07:50 PM   #50
RCC Addict

Better tighten your screws.

If the board of directors let me, I'd like to set up one of the three courses without limitations, but somewhat run-able. Course #3, BYRD'S "DAMN THAT WAS A BITCH" COURSE!!!

PLEAZZZZZZ!!
Old 07-10-2008, 08:11 PM   #51
RCC Addict

just bring it bry i think i got your number this comp!!!!!
Old 07-10-2008, 08:24 PM   #52
RCC Addict

Quote:
just bring it bry i think i got your number this comp!!!!!
Better take a number. Wait, I can't count that high.
Old 07-10-2008, 08:28 PM   #53
RCC Addict

Quote:
Better tighten your screws.

If the board of directors let me, I'd like to set up one of the three courses without limitations, but somewhat run-able. Course #3, BYRD'S "DAMN THAT WAS A BITCH" COURSE!!!

PLEAZZZZZZ!!
Brian
Remember there will be a newbie or two out there that wont have all the bells and whistle rigs like some (MOST) of us have, And it would be nice to have them compete along with us and not have to point out after the 3rd gate and not make them run off.. If you want to build a (BYRD'S "DAMN THAT WAS A BITCH" COURSE!!!) I say you make a fourth course and the top 3 dawgs get to do a shoot out for some kind of bragging rights or for hard earned $$$$$$ or for ??????????..

Last edited by DARKHORSE; 07-10-2008 at 08:39 PM.
DARKHORSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 08:49 PM   #54
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKHORSE View Post
Brian
Remember there will be a newbie or two out there that wont have all the bells and whistle rigs like some (MOST) of us have, And it would be nice to have them compete along with us and not have to point out after the 3rd gate and not make them run off.. If you want to build a (BYRD'S "DAMN THAT WAS A BITCH" COURSE!!!) I say you make a fourth course and the top 3 dawgs get to do a shoot out for some kind of bragging rights or for hard earned $$$$$$ or for ??????????..
The man always trying to keep a brotha' down. How about a "Pinks" course? J/K.
Old 07-10-2008, 08:53 PM   #55
RCC Addict

Quote:
The man always trying to keep a brotha' down. How about a "Pinks" course? J/K.
No, Not at all, But dont you think that it would be a little hard to run that course if you didnt have dig? I agree with a monster of a pain course, But I think it should be a shootout course...

And what do you want to wager?
Old 07-10-2008, 09:00 PM   #56
RCC Addict

Quote:
No, Not at all, But dont you think that it would be a little hard to run that course if you didnt have dig? I agree with a monster of a pain course, But I think it should be a shootout course...
I guess.

But the way I see it is that the parts are out there, this is an expensive hobby and that is known on the front end, so it's a keep up with the Jone's or get left behind kind of hobby. We've experienced that first hand. If we all keep up with out rigs, they all start getting closer to each other, therefore it starts becoming the driver and there in lies the need to up the course difficultly.

Last edited by bbyrd22; 07-10-2008 at 09:09 PM.
Old 07-10-2008, 09:12 PM   #57
RCC Addict

Quote:
I guess.

But the way I see it is that the parts are out there, this is an expensive hobby and that is known on the front end, so it's a keep up with the Jone's or get left behind kind of hobby. If we all keep up with out rigs, they all start getting closer to each other, therefore it starts becoming the driver and there in lies the need to up the course difficultly.
Ill tell you what, The point system we use is B.S.. Tell me how in the F### can you miss 1 comp and no matter how Good, OR Poor you do for the rest of the season you can never ever catch the 3rd 2nd or 1st spot? I say change the points shit and make devise a point system that will keep everybody close and then we can see who can really drive.. Life gets in the way and some of us dont have the leisure to just comp every weekend..

I personally dont have the drive to want to try hard at our comps because I knew no matter what it wouldnt be worth crap.. Thats why I am going to these out of towner comps.. Im not mad that I am not going to nats (HONESTLY) , But from not being able to not show to the first comp of the season canceled any vague idea of myself even getting a chance to make it..

Now I agree with our rigs getting closer and closer, And that most of it is in the driver, But why make something crazy and have a new person feel like they just cant hang, And give up... Its expensive because some people have the $$$ to buy the spektrum radios and and the other fancy stuff, But thats not an excuse for not letting some kid want to break out in this sport.. We all get our starts somewhere..

Thats my .02

Last edited by DARKHORSE; 07-10-2008 at 09:17 PM.
Old 07-10-2008, 09:26 PM   #58
RCC Addict

Quote:
Ill tell you what, The point system we use is B.S.. Tell me how in the F### can you miss 1 comp and no matter how Good, OR Poor you do for the rest of the season you can never ever catch the 3rd 2nd or 1st spot? I say change the points shit and make devise a point system that will keep everybody close and then we can see who can really drive.. Life gets in the way and some of us dont have the leisure to just comp every weekend..

I personally dont have the drive to want to try hard at our comps because I knew no matter what it wouldnt be worth crap.. Thats why I am going to these out of towner comps.. Im not mad that I am not going to nats (HONESTLY) , But from not being able to not show to the first comp of the season canceled any vague idea of myself even getting a chance to make it..

Now I agree with our rigs getting closer and closer, And that most of it is in the driver, But why make something crazy and have a new person feel like they just cant hang, And give up... Its expensive because some people have the $$$ to buy the spektrum radios and and the other fancy stuff, But thats not an excuse for not letting some kid want to break out in this sport.. We all get our starts somewhere..

Thats my .02
It was my understanding that up the the end of June, for the Nat's cut off, the lowest score would be dropped, for all. Gives everybody a chance to miss a comp.

As far as the courses, just figured we would step it up and get some good practice for Crawlapalooza so we had a showing with our club, being that's whose putting it on, us.
Old 07-10-2008, 09:36 PM   #59
RCC Addict

Courses definatley need to be challenging thats for sure, but i see Dh's side to for the new guys,but you have to pay to play, so i'm going with one of our memebers avatar "imay contridict myself but atleast i dont contridict myself" LOL Most of our offroad series around here run six or eight races with two throw aways some thing like that would be ok too?????
Old 07-10-2008, 09:36 PM   #60
RCC Addict

Quote:
It was my understanding that up the the end of June, for the Nat's cut off, the lowest score would be dropped, for all. Gives everybody a chance to miss a comp.

As far as the courses, just figured we would step it up and get some good practice for Crawlapalooza so we had a showing with our club, being that's whose putting it on, us.
Im glad you and Rick are going, Both are great drivers and are cool under pressure, Most of the time (Cough Cough brian) Both are great names on the board and I think you guys can represent this club well...Since I missed the first comp and it put me down so bad, I didnt even plan to go or save up for it.. So no biggie...

I think the last few comps have been very good contenders for crawlapalooza and this year the other club are gonna realize that the okie arent a pushover like last year..Not that we were, But we didnt have nothing for them..LOL.. On the other hand The comp have also set the stage for what to sorta expect out in Moab, If you think about it we have done some very hard course and have come soooo far from last years event.. I just want more and more people getting into this and not leaving because they couldnt complete any course....

Im done, and Ill see you guys out at BD for the asswhoopin you all deserve..

Last edited by DARKHORSE; 07-10-2008 at 09:43 PM.