Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southwest > Oklahoma

Notices

Thread: Are you looking for a place to crawl??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2011, 08:31 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Are you looking for a place to crawl??

Heads up to all the Okie rock addicts out there, with some help we are trying to get the crawler course up and running at Adams Creek R/C Speedway. If you haven't been it's a great place with great people......3 tracks ( 2 bumps and jumps dirt tracks with 1 indoor and 1 outdoors, indoor oval and with some help outdoor crawler course).

The crawler course isn't running just yet, that's where I need your help. I'm trying to find out how many fellow rock junkies in the area would want to run......trying to see if this is something that would be supported by others. If there is a good turn out we would need your ideas and input on all points. Track is located in Broken Arrow and is family friendly.

So let's here it guys, who's in???

Cris
IceBox84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-2011, 01:41 PM   #2

I'd be down to check it out. Where is it located in b/a?
jay*doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 04:48 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

It's basicly right off of 193rd and 51st. I'm trying to get a good sized group together so this can start running so if you have friends that are into comp crawling tell em to post up here. I have a few other threads posted on other boards but without enough feed back we won't be able to get it running
Old 06-19-2011, 04:52 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

Also you can check out adamscreekrc.net
Old 06-19-2011, 05:14 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Any pics?????Last i checked Adam's Creek was set up mainly for scalers on the crawler side of things I'd love to see some updated pics??
chad30w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 05:32 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

See thats were the problem is, I'm trying to get this course going again. The last group of guys had a falling out with the hobby about a year ago and the course has been left unattended with no one to run on it.

That's were I step in, I'm trying for the life of me to get other like minded people interested in getting it going again. I have the go ahead and full support of Adams Creek to make this into something again but first I need feed back from others that would run. Without that it would be pointless to do the work to the course and I wouldn't know where to start. So once I have lets say 7 or 8 people say they are in i'd like to hold a meeting there at Adams Creek and the ones that are going to be running shoot out ideas on course design, classes, rules and so on. Then full steam ahead.

Also from what I was told the comps couldn't be held on Saturdays due to the fact that all the racers there already on the three different tracks.....get's crowded at times. So we are looking at Fridays or Sundays. There is a full service Hobby Shop on site (R/C Pit Stop) that can start stocking crawler related items/parts upon seeing the support and demand to do so. Practices through out the week......could be something great if I can get it up and going.
Old 06-19-2011, 06:45 PM   #7

I am brand new to the hobby, and right now, more into scale then crawling, but I'd love to help where I can. I'll try and stop down there sometime just to check it out, I'm not too far (81st and 225th area).
Old 06-19-2011, 07:16 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

I'm new to crawling, iv raced almost everything and I gotta say I enjoy crawling better. We are going to try and do something for the comp guys and scalers......can't do one without the other. I'm not into the comp look so I went with a Venom Creeper which is shaft driven. Also the on site hobby shop has a tube chassis on the way for me so it should be sweet. But yeah go by and check it out, if you have any ideas feel free to share.
Old 06-27-2011, 07:28 AM   #9

Going to try and check this out one day around lunch time this week. Anyone want to stop up there and check it out, too?
Old 06-28-2011, 08:41 PM   #10

I've checked it out earlier this year and it looked a little grown up with grass.
DEADEYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 07:56 AM   #11
Rock Stacker

Yes it is grown up with grass, as I posted earlier we are trying to get it running again but first i'm wanting to see if there is any interest to do so before my time and effort would be put into maintaining a course and making it nice once again

As of right now no one has stepped forward with interest, or at least said that they would like to run at Adams Creek so it may be a lost cause. It sucks because I would have liked to make it into something and met fellow rock junkies
Old 06-29-2011, 07:31 PM   #12
RCC Addict

The problem is there are places in and around tulsa that require no work and are free to go to without having to worry about the racing being a problem.....just my two cents on the whole Adams creek deal.....
chad30w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 08:01 PM   #13
Holmes Hobbies

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad30w View Post
The problem is there are places in and around tulsa that require no work and are free to go to without having to worry about the racing being a problem.....just my two cents on the whole Adams creek deal.....

X2
CD13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 08:15 PM   #14
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad30w View Post
I can see your point and its a very valid one. Never really looked at it like that, iv always raced out there and had a blast and was trying to do the same thing with crawling. But my main objective was to be able to meet other people that like to crawl locally. It's basicly just a buddy and I with our rigs and thought it would be cool to run with other guys here in the surrounding area.
Old 06-29-2011, 08:34 PM   #15
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceBox84 View Post
....But my main objective was to be able to meet other people that like to crawl locally. It's basicly just a buddy and I with our rigs and thought it would be cool to run with other guys here in the surrounding area.
Then come out to a comp. There was one at Disney last weekend. Disney is the king mac daddy of crawl sites and roughly 1 1/2 hours away from Tulsa. The NWARC crew is having a comp on the 23rd of July at Crystal Lake just north of Gentry, AR. Cool spot. I know it's roughly an hour and 45 minutes from Tulsa, but for years I use to drive over there to BA semi regularly in the winters for racing when it was carpet.

Or badger Chad () into having a comp out at Keystone or someplace over there closer to Tulsa.
Manning is offline   Reply With Quote