Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southwest > Oklahoma

Notices

Thread: Jeeping it, off topic of rc tho.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2012, 06:16 PM   #1

Default Jeeping it, off topic of rc tho.

I am trying to purchase a Jeep Wrangler. Found a nice one cheap and before I could make it there, it had been sold. As soon as I walked out of the bank from signing papers and they took a lower offer, grr. I found another one I hope to pick up tomorrow, not quite as nice, but runs good, very very very little rust (I found none), and has a ton of potintial.
Kinda exited, it will be my first Jeep, and I know there are a ton of parts and customizeable upgrades, kinda like a expencive RC
PCLB_Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2012, 06:23 PM   #2
Holmes Hobbies

Default Re: Jeeping it, off topic of rc tho.

Well that would $uck, But maybe it was a good thing. I'm not a Jeep guy and not really an offroad guy, I like my bike but hopefully you'll find what ya want. Disney is a great place and I bet you can find lots of parts.
CD13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 08:03 PM   #3

Also, I am thinking I might need to loose a hobby or two. Really into the leather working hobby, not doing nothing much with the rcs, so gonna ditch most of them and focus on the leather stuff and making the jeep my own. Thought I'd give yall dibs on the crawler I have, not looking to make out like a bandit either. So if someone would be interested, hit me up. Also have a few others offroaders to get rid of too.
as far as the Jeep goes, not looking to do any climbing/crawling. Mostly muddin, trails and such with the wife and kids, so its fun for all, and not much expence for breakages and such. Bout to drop some cash to pimp it out my way tho, diamond plate in and out, some different interior and tops, and eventually, paint and tires. Should be fun.
P.S. thanks to you all for including me, offers of rides to comps, info, ect. Yalls a great bunch of guys, and I am still looking forward to going to a comp and check out what yall do and your rigs. Love crawling, just not much time and not really any funds toward that for a while.
Old 03-17-2012, 09:16 AM   #4
Holmes Hobbies

Well did ya get a Jeep? We need pics. Don't forget your RC friends cause your workin on 1.1.
Old 03-17-2012, 09:24 PM   #5

1990 Wrangler YJ. Today I ordered a front recovery bumper, fog loghts for that bumper, winch, Best Top black denim top with 2 peice doors and tinted rear windows, center console. 1,850 buucks of stuff, lol. It has a 4 banger, aftermarket muffler wich is much to loud, i need to change that, hardtop, full metal doors, cb radio, cd player, Posi-Lock, thinkin dana 44's, 33 BFG all terrains, alum wheels, 5 speed, no ac, no cruise, and could use a good sand blasting and paint.
it has a few quirks, but is 22 years old. Gonna be a ton of fun for sure. My daughters loved it today when I took off the hard top and doors, and took them to the YMCA to swim, then to sonic for lunch. They love the wind in thier hair, lol.
I've got a few more things to do to it, dimond plate accesories, ect. But the big stuff is done.
Old 03-17-2012, 10:35 PM   #6
Gold Star Baby Momma!

Could be wrong, but don't expect dual 44's in that thar jeep, let alone a rear 44, more along the 30/35 lines. Anyho, looks clean for the age. Just empty every pocket!!!!
Tuffguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 10:15 AM   #7

Yeah, not sure. I was thinking he said Dana 44 front, but I had looked at many jeeps, lol. I really need to be sure before I say that I guess, lol. The rear axle looks stock. Regardless of what axles it has, the 12000 lb wench should pull it out of any mud hole I come across ;)
Old 03-18-2012, 10:56 AM   #8
Holmes Hobbies

Good looking Jeep. Looks like you and the kiddo's are gonna have some fun no matter whats its got under it.
Old 03-18-2012, 07:32 PM   #9
Gold Star Baby Momma!

And the good thing about the 4 popper is it will be nicer to the stock axles. Now get to modding.
Tuffguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:17 AM   #10

1800 bucks worth of stuff will be pourin in at the end of this week. Need to take off work this weekend and try out the new winch, ;P
Old 04-03-2012, 10:01 PM   #11
Rock Stacker

If the front diff is small and round it's a 30. I'd say 30/35 also. Oh and my crawler has a 10,000lb winch and it'll pull it straight up a tree if I wanted to lol. Nice looking Jeep! The 4cyl are bad about the throw out bearing going out, if it's a manual.
ThumperK15 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeeping it, off topic of rc tho. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
off the topic lizard017 Chit Chat 0 02-18-2008 11:59 PM
Looking into buiding a 1.9'er.... need some help tho Lumpmister 1.9 Scale Rigs 5 10-02-2007 10:14 PM
Project: Chevy Eater no axles yet tho TLTCrawlin Tamiya Clod Buster 19 02-18-2006 11:52 AM