RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Oklahoma (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/oklahoma/)
-   -   New to the sport (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/oklahoma/534542-new-sport.html)

R Hall 05-01-2015 05:16 AM

New to the sport

Just touching base to see what's happening in this area with RC crawlers. Any information you're willing to share with a newbie will be greatly appreciated. Recommendations for a good truck/buggy for someone who is new to the sport will also be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Ron

raul shabinguez 05-03-2015 09:48 AM

Re: New to the sport

I don't think you can go wrong with one of the axial platforms.

Scx-10: 1.9" wheels. little more scale.great platform for whatever you prefer (trails, crawling) . Mines been pretty bulletproof. Deadbolt has some waterproof components (so they say)

Ax-10: older platform. 2.2" wheels. Pretty much a rock crawler.

Wraith: rock racer. 2.2" wheels. Also can be made into pretty much anything. I hear of a lot more people breaking the stock parts. I still want one though. Wraith spawn will probably be my next platform.

Just my 2 cents.

Also there are plenty of aftermarket support for all of these.

CrazyFun 05-07-2015 10:10 AM

We have 3 crawlers at this point, a SCX10, Wraith and a Spawn. The wraith and spawn are basically the same, just the spawn is the latest version, has waterproof electronics and beadlock wheels for the most part, past that the work the same. I like the scale look of the SCX10, I have built links for it, 4 linked the front and put 2.2 wheels on it.

You can't go wrong with any of the current offerings IMHO, pick one that appeals to you and start crawling. Upgrade it from there as your skills increase. If your on FB, check out Oklahoma Red Dirt RC page, quite a few Tulsa area guys on there and we do crawling meet ups often for some trail fun.

R Hall 05-09-2015 03:59 AM

Thanks to both of you for your replies. I'll get on the Oklahoma Red Dirt RC FB page and start keeping up with what's happening locally; this is a new hobby for me and I'm looking forward to getting more involved. I'm sure I'll be seeing you guys. Thanks again.

Ron

Bobcrawls 06-02-2015 10:24 PM

You could also join tornado alley crawlers. It's a Oklahoma based crawler page and we have meets all the time as well

raul shabinguez 06-02-2015 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobcrawls (Post 5237629)
You could also join tornado alley crawlers. It's a Oklahoma based crawler page and we have meets all the time as well

I'd like more info. I Google searched but only found videos.

Poprivet 06-03-2015 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raul shabinguez (Post 5237633)
I'd like more info. I Google searched but only found videos.

X2. where are you guys located?

SCREAMER 06-25-2015 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobcrawls (Post 5237629)

I'd also like info on the next meet time and place. I'm in Moore.

SCREAMER 07-28-2015 01:31 PM

Anyone in the OKC area know of a meet anytime soon?

Poprivet 07-28-2015 10:05 PM

Crawlapalooza will be in Disney Oklahoma in October.

DEADEYE 08-01-2015 12:17 AM

Tornado Alley Crawlers on facebook for OKC local. Fink Park is pretty regular and Shawnee Lake is in the morning.

SCREAMER 08-01-2015 03:06 PM

Looks like we're meeting at Shawnee lake at 7?