RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Oklahoma (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/oklahoma/)
-   -   Grand Lake RC (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/oklahoma/550164-grand-lake-rc.html)

vmabuck 11-25-2015 02:48 PM

Grand Lake RC

I just recently got into the RC car deal with a Nitro Rustler. But after figuring all of this out it seems this crawling or trail rc stuff would be more my speed. Just curious to see how many people around the Grand Lake are into this.

I would love to get some good info before I start throwing money at this. And also to see if anyone has nitro cars they might like to run every now and then.

I am assuming everyone in this section of the boards knows this area has sick terrain for all scales of rock crawling. I actually live in Spavinaw and know of an old un-used hiking trail near the lake that I bet would make a great run. Lot's of rocks to get over and all of that.

Anyway, let me know. Getting bored making grass roosters out here...

vmabuck 11-26-2015 07:14 AM

Re: Grand Lake RC

If anyone wants to head out to Disney on Saturday I will be out there bashing the nitro around...

raul shabinguez 11-26-2015 11:44 AM

Welcome to the crawler scene.

There is a bunch of us in the Tulsa area. We go to Disney from time to time. Next spring the I have a feeling there will be alot more crawler action. If you have facebook, there's a newly formed local group called rockhard918.

Poprivet 11-27-2015 07:05 AM

rc crawlers have steadily become more and more popular around these parts.
There will definitely be some trips to Disney once the weather warms back up.

As for this Saturday...too friggin cold for me. The high says 39°! Anywhere below 50° and I'm pretty much a panzy popsicle. :ror: That's stay inside and work on an rc weather.

vmabuck 11-28-2015 08:09 PM

Well, I am still taking baby steps into this. All I have for now is one of those Losi Trekker 1/24 deals for inside my house. So I am looking to get into a 1/10 used or new.

But just playing around with that little one and I can tell I am more into this than the nitro action. I find myself trying to hill climb with it more than anything. So if anyone has any used vehicles they are looking to offload or know anyone who does let me know.

I'll look that FB group up, thanks...

oldcoopdog 12-11-2015 11:39 AM

i live in miami. i go down there some times. disney dam area is the best spot to crawl around here.

theoriginaltoolman 01-03-2016 10:12 AM

Langley here. Have and SCX and some wraiths, if you want to try it out and see what you think. I crawl below the spillways from time to time, and one the water stops flowing we should meet.

hoghead5150 04-10-2016 10:24 PM

big group in tulsa. their facebook page is rockhard918.
they had a competition at grand lake this weekend. really good group of guys.