Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Oregon

Notices

Thread: Southern Oregon locations???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2005, 05:49 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Southern Oregon locations???

Hey, is there anywhere is Southern oregon where there are awesome climbs?? If not i could probably make one on my property, i know where to get slick Marble rock and Mossrock, and i got a kool STEEP hill by a creek that can be dug up and coarse-placed... Just a thought to those in the Grantspass, Medford and Rogue River Region ;)
Nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-2005, 12:30 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Already Finished the beginers course and ill use te backhoe tomorrow and make a HARD course... i got the rock but, e plans?? maybe just dump rocks down a hill and call it hard??
Old 06-12-2005, 12:42 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

I'm not to familiar with the G.P. area but I do know that in Ashland there are a few places to play. Emigrant Lake has some nice spots with rock out cropings all over. Lived there(Ashland) for a few years....moved back up this way a couple years ago.

If you go to RCJimsPlace.com and go into the Oregon section in the club area you'll be able to tap into the rest of the ORCRC crew and others from around Oregon(P-Town area and few in Southern Oregon too).

If I can get down that way and wheel the McGrew sometime this summer I'll be sure to drag along the RC's.
toyofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 03:06 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Hey man, if your down this way, stop by Rogue River and check out my course, turns out i aint using the backhoe but... i am SKILLED with a shovel... Any ideas of what the course should look like??? maybe make a big quorry and drop a lot of rock in... lol
Old 06-12-2005, 04:35 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

ALL DONE!! instead of minutes, this course is measured in second... the best can do it in probably 27 seconds and all it is is just 20 feet of uphill challenge with DEEP tank traps and brick obsticles... see for yourself:

Beginner course has 3 tank traps and a hard thing at the end, course record could probably be about 20 seconds

That tank trap at the bottem is 1.5 feet deep and at a 90 degree... HARD!!

Last edited by Nova; 06-12-2005 at 04:41 PM.
Old 06-12-2005, 10:38 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

That "course" isn't much. Perhaps to play for a couple minutes but it doesn't seem to have true crawler quality attraction.

You'll need to go up into the hills around Rogue River to find goo play areas. Try looking for a large area, something that could keep someone busy for a couple hours at least.

Take these images as examples for similar places to look for.
Rivervilla
Spring Park

In Ashland at "The Park".......

Attached image is of Emigrant Lake('02 BBQ) at just one small spot. There are places all around the lake to play.
Attached Images

toyofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 03:21 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Hell i got the whole hillside to play with... i can even do a dreek crossing to where i took the higher pics ;)

Should i have rocks or steep hills??
Old 06-13-2005, 03:22 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

ive seen that guy in the second pic at haz-fest... do u know the guy with the yota with the Exo skeleton, he's in your clup :P
Old 06-13-2005, 03:26 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

has ne one been to brookings beach??? omfg there are some HUGE Rocks and a lot of sand.... im hoping to make a crawler before the 15 of July for that trip... i already have a rig i can practice on, i scored a FREE RUNNING RC 10... can you believe... it has all the after market parts, but i dont want to state them... look at my post in "Chit Chat"
Old 06-14-2005, 12:33 PM   #10

Hey Nova, I'm in Grants Pass. My girlfriend lives in Rogue River, so I make frequent trips. Let me know where abouts I can meet you, and we can crawl sometime. Email me at ReppBoysRacing@aol.com and we can exchange cell phones, and get together!

This is great! Finally, someone in my area to crawl with!
ReppRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 12:56 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

How old are you and who is your GF??? Maybe i know u guys? check your PM... I GOT TO GO TO MY LAST PERIOD OF FRESHMANSHIP!!!