Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Oregon

Notices

Thread: Scale Endurance Team challenge May 14th - pics added

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2011, 04:29 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Scale Endurance Team challenge May 14th - pics added

I've been kicking around this idea for awhile. I think I finally have it figured out. This first one will be more for fun then anything else, but if we get enough people liking it I will do more and they will be harder. I need to set a date for this still, I'll have to look and see when all the comps are this month. This will be held at my 140ac farm in Junction City. It is where we hold the farm mudbogs. If you interested let me know. I have about 4 local guys that are already interested. Post any questions or ideas also. I just wrote up the rules and they may change. I want this to be open to any scale rig it doesn't matter the tire or motor size as long as it is scale. This is will be family friendly also, so add your kid as your teammate. Also if we get a big enough group we can hold a BBQ after everyone runs. I'll try and post up some picstures of the area so you can get an idea. It is mostly dirt but there are some rocks.

Scale Endurance Team challenge:

This is a 2 vehicle team event. $5 per person buy in. There will be 10 gates put out on my property. You will receive a map with the gates rough locations. You will have to get both rigs through the course only using your rigs. No hand of god. This will be a timed event but the winner may not be the fastest time. I will have a set time that will not be shown till everyone is complete. That way someone with 1.9 tires and 2s batteries can compete with someone with 2.2's and 4s batteries. I'll I will say is the time will be about walking pace. The course is roughly 1.25 miles long. You will need hiking boots or rubber boots. It is muddy in a few spots. There will also be 2 problem solving task that are bonuses. They will take some time off your total time.
The money will awarded to the team the gets closest to the set time.

I'm thinking the 14th of May for the first one of these.

Vehicle requirements:

1. Scale vehicle only. (has to have frame rails or full tube chassis. (No comp crawlers.)
2. Have to have working winch or tow strap (you will need it)
3. Tow points on vehicle.
4. Water resistant. Don't need to be waterproof but it will help. There is lots of water/mud along the trail.
5. Open to all tire size but tires have to be scale. Same rules on tires as scale comps.
6. No battery size restrictions.
7. No width restrictions right now but try and keep it scale

Rules:
1.Not allowed to touch the vehicle unless changing batteries or for repairs.
2.You have to carry what ever tool/batteries you think you will need.
3.Both vehicles have to pass front wheels through gate.
4.Both vehicles have to complete the course to finish. running or not.
5.No penalty for winching or back ups.
6. Have to use winch or tow straps if you flip over. No hand of god.
7. Have to complete gates in order.
8. Not allowed to drive vehicles under fences or gate, you have to open them drive through then close them

Last edited by aprobert1981; 05-06-2011 at 09:50 AM. Reason: added date and pics
aprobert1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2011, 08:54 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

what no interest in an event like this. I'm going out to work on the course tonight. I will try and get some pics uploaded of what the area looks like.
Old 05-05-2011, 11:27 AM   #3
RCC Addict

I'd be interested but a little iffy because of the scale tire rule, because I have a set of tires that are cut and shut that scale out to 52" tire on 19" wheel for 1/10 scale

Last edited by demonoid369; 05-05-2011 at 12:57 PM.
demonoid369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 02:26 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Well for the first event I'm not expecting alot of people so I'll be pretty open on what you bring. When I mean scale I don't want rigs you wouldn't see on the trail. (don't have to be street legal looking rigs). I don't really want a bunch of xr10's out there. If we get a bunch of different rgis I can set up classes but I think we will wait to see if this grows first. If your interested bring what you have. I will adjust the rules as we go.
Old 05-06-2011, 09:49 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Here are some random photos from yesterday out on the course. There is alot harder and alot easier stuff out there.

Old 05-06-2011, 09:49 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Also meeting time at 9:00am. We leave no later then 9:45am. This will take awhile depending on how many people show.
Old 05-06-2011, 12:22 PM   #7
RCC Addict

So were us the meeting point? Is it at your house and then you take us to the course or we show up at the course?
Old 05-06-2011, 01:13 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

the course starts and ends at my house. Plenty of parking. PM me for directions.
Old 05-09-2011, 08:31 AM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Ok I decided to add 3 bonus gates that will either take 7 or 10mins off the total time if you complete them. The are hard and will include mud or water and may require a winch to finish. Only one rig out of the team needs to complete the gate. Also added a good hill climb for gate 9 it will require good driving or a winch should be fun. Make sure to bring enough batterys you will need it.
Old 05-09-2011, 09:26 AM   #10
RCC Addict

I think I gotz the batteries for them, lol
Old 05-09-2011, 11:24 AM   #11
Pebble Pounder

sneek peek of the course
Old 05-16-2011, 08:39 AM   #12
Pebble Pounder

Was a great event. 3 teams (six people). Hope for more next time. It took about 3 hours to run the course. All but one made the whole trail. Last guy made it almost to the final gate and his motor blew. His teammate tried to drag him the rest but couldn't do it. Here are some photos.

Old 05-16-2011, 08:39 AM   #13
Pebble Pounder

Some more

Old 05-16-2011, 08:40 AM   #14
Pebble Pounder