Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Oregon

Notices

Thread: North Bend, Coos Bay area

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2011, 12:57 PM   #1

Default North Bend, Coos Bay area

What's up. Im new to the crawling got me a ax10 rtc started making a rock course outside at my pad its getting pretty sweet. I sold my rtr to my buddy so its just me and him crawling. Just seeing if anybody else in the area to crawl
smoothm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2011, 05:34 PM   #2

I've got a couple of other friends down here in Coos Bay. We love bashing and crawling! Hit me up.

-Tyson
BIGGREEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 06:37 PM   #3

Right on man. To bad the weather sucks right now.
Old 01-15-2011, 08:50 PM   #4

Yeah, I'm glad I got a quickie in yesterday after work. So what hot spots have you found around our little neck of the woods?
Old 01-16-2011, 07:17 PM   #5

I'm working on a rock course outside at my house and a ladder course under my carport. But besides my house out at the north jetty and bout a mile before the jetty on the bayside there is some good rocks at low tide we put some rocks between some big ones it ended up being about 50 feet some washed away but u can tell there's something going on ther if your a crawler. You need a four wheel drive to get out there or just bag down a rock two wheel.Then we were thinking bout out to the north of shore acres there is a neat looking are. Out a whiskey run north to the first point I built some rock stuff plus the natural rock is cool. That's about it
Old 02-05-2011, 07:56 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

hey guys im from medford but get out that way sometimes. i have found a couple good spots. first is at the end of bastards dwarf beach(bastindorfs) its kinda a long walk and mainly at low tide but cool. and then another spot is the jetty at winchester bay sand and rocks to squezze through and go over, plus sand hills and chutes. there are a couple others but they escape me right now.

may have to meet up with you all the next time im out there.

plus my aunt has 60 plus acres at the top of ten mile.
octigonwallrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 01:07 PM   #7

I wondered about that spot at basterd dork I go down that way a throw disc golf back and forth. Was on the north jetty on other side of basttendorf jetty Sunday doing some crawling on the rocks on jetty. Pretty sweet spot. I live out on east bay drive my course is getting pretty big sucks its outside. Been lucky on weather though out there everynight almost. Its all rock for now building some bridges too.
Old 02-16-2011, 03:25 PM   #8

You should try under the North Bend Bridge off of Ferry St. Knife River dumps asphalt and concrete, also some good mud if you're interested in that.
Old 02-18-2011, 02:53 PM   #9

Ya I've thought about going down there. I see all that shit down there when I come home everyday from work. Looks fun wish weather was better.
Old 02-20-2011, 03:41 PM   #10

The old tennis courts at shoreacres is good too.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:15 AM   #11

so i went under the bridge yesterday i had day off cause it snowed here. Knife River has a gate there with a couple private property signs bummer looked like a good pile of broken cement and asphalt to crawl on. Past Ferry park gravel rd goes to bay at low tide theres some good rocks and broken cement. Gonna go hit up my rock pile covered in frozen snow
Old 02-26-2011, 03:11 PM   #12

Yeah, you need to go to the very end of ferry street road. Lots of people walk down there and you can play on knife rivers dump pile from that side. One of my buddys works for knife river and its not a big problem.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:05 AM   #13

uh thats funny i thought about doing that coming from other side. Back in the day that road past ferry park used to go all the way around into knife river area. but they blocked it damn. ya we pulled down there first to eat some grub and i almost walked over there to check it out. anyway i got a little action in yesterday went to a buddies house just off tarheel lane in empire. He's got a few rocks and some ladder bridges pretty sweet so far. Then hit up whiskey run beach since it was low tide there was a lot of play area. Thats cool its not a problem i might go down there and check it out then just pack a couple batteries. Thanks for info man.

Last edited by smoothm; 02-27-2011 at 10:08 AM. Reason: miss spelling
Old 02-27-2011, 03:27 PM   #14

Not a problem man. One of these weekends we'll all have to get together and do a little crawling. I think we're due for a nice weekend.
Old 03-07-2011, 02:23 PM   #15

Default shore acres

So I hit up that spot. Old tennis courts. Pretty bad ass lots of good lines. My buddy and I brought 3 1800mah nicd batts and played for a couple hrs still had one batt left. We meet a few guys out there with an ax10 rtc and scx10. They showed up bout a hour after we were there. Finally other guys with crawlers. Must go again
Old 03-11-2011, 12:14 PM   #16

Yeah, I heard that they ran into you guys. We were thinking about trying to go out there on sunday afternoon if its not crappy.
Old 03-12-2011, 01:33 PM   #17

Ya its supposed to be crappy out high winds and prob high waves from tsnumai. Got stuff apart anyway upgrades next good day though im out there i like that spot
Old 03-13-2011, 09:53 AM   #18

Yeah, looked at the weather and its a no go out there. Might have to put our mud tires on and hit up ferry st.
Old 03-14-2011, 04:23 PM   #19

Default ferry rd.

Ill have to go check out all them slabs of cement just might do that today after work since its the only nice day we'll have n awhile.
Old 05-09-2011, 10:22 AM   #20
RCC Addict

I am from Coos Bay originally, and happen to know that you guys need to get up the River in the summer.

If you're headed up the side that goes to gold n silver falls instead of Dellwood there are some REALLY good spots right on the River.

It's been days and days since I've been up there, but right after the road narrows (13 or 14 mile marker) right by the big @$$ barn on the right you'll go around a left hand corner. The river is right straight ahead of that corner and there is a small walking trail that goes right down to slickrock with lits of line!
89redranger is offline   Reply With Quote