Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Oregon

Notices

Thread: Albany and surrounding areas

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2012, 10:58 PM   #1

Default Albany and surrounding areas

Is there anyone in Albany or near Albany? I have recently gotten into crawling and love it so far but, it definitely feels like it would be more fun with others and trying to out-climb them. Anyway, here's a picture of my AX10 Scorpion running a Novak 55T brushed motor.
Huggy Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-2012, 08:40 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Albany and surrounding areas

Check out this website. Its mostly Portland/Salem guys but there is a few of us farther south. I'm in Junction city. If you ever want to crawl this way let me know. I have trail on my farm and we go out in the woods on some fun trail a lot. I also know of a few good trails up your way.

ORCRC's webpage.

Oregon R/C Rock Crawlers - Powered by vBulletin
aprobert1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 11:45 AM   #3

my wife and i spent several days in the Quartzville Mining area east of Green Peter Lake ...east of Sweet Home. The river and area are great for (free) camping, family fun...and of course Rock Crawling! It would be fun to gather a bunch of RC crawler families/peeps and have a BBQ or campout along the river sometime.

accrete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 02:11 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by accrete View Post
my wife and i spent several days in the Quartzville Mining area east of Green Peter Lake ...east of Sweet Home. The river and area are great for (free) camping, family fun...and of course Rock Crawling! It would be fun to gather a bunch of RC crawler families/peeps and have a BBQ or campout along the river sometime.

Thanks for the info! I'm actually only a 30 minute drive away from green peter and been looking for a good vacation spot to camp/crawl/fish this summer. Maybe i can get my buddies to join, they love campin too but arent up for paying to camp and it's getting harder to find places that they dont charge you good bucks to get away from society
K-Note72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 01:58 PM   #5
RCC Addict

I am in Lebanon. I am slowly building a pile in my backyard (Crawler meetup / BBQ in the future.)
Waterloo park is a great spot for all around trail running & some good rocks by the river/boat ramp. River park in Lebanon has a big dirt area currently & some nice shale under the bridge.
Once I get a decent motor I will be heading to Waterloo headgate. Hit me up & maybe we can get together.
Dostradamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:08 PM   #6

Lebanon here, I crawl/scale in my yard mostly but there is lots of great places to go. Ill go anywhere and with anyone its all fun. I also scale with my cousin who lives near here as well. I got a few videos of our scaling in waterloo.
Axial SCX 10 & Axial Wraith Vid 1 - YouTube
Axial SCX 10 & Axial Wraith Vid 2 - YouTube

All I have is a wraith kit for now but im starting another scale kit very soon.
CAPCbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 04:12 PM   #7
RCC Addict

I have a friend with a new indoor course in Lebanon & we generally get together on sunday mornings. I will get pics next time I am over there. I need my panhard set & a MUCH better servo & I will b ready for some big outdoor fun. I like the looks of the new Axial Rubicon. 1 co worker just got his wraith & another friend has an XR10 in the hopper. We need to get together & get some mid valley stuff goin!
New Axial rig?
Old 11-03-2012, 01:08 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dostradamas View Post
I have a friend with a new indoor course in Lebanon & we generally get together on sunday mornings. I will get pics next time I am over there. I need my panhard set & a MUCH better servo & I will b ready for some big outdoor fun. I like the looks of the new Axial Rubicon. 1 co worker just got his wraith & another friend has an XR10 in the hopper. We need to get together & get some mid valley stuff goin!
New Axial rig?
What kind of indoor track?

I don't have weekends of work right now but should soon. I'd enjoy taking time off for getting together with some locals though. Its SO boring RC'n by myself all the time lol. I'm looking forward to spring time so I can work on the 10th scale track I sort of started. I'm working off and on a outside trailing/crawling area lately.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:39 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPCbass View Post
What kind of indoor track?

I don't have weekends of work right now but should soon. I'd enjoy taking time off for getting together with some locals though. Its SO boring RC'n by myself all the time lol. I'm looking forward to spring time so I can work on the 10th scale track I sort of started. I'm working off and on a outside trailing/crawling area lately.
We now have a 3rd axial in our herd (xr10.)
I took some pics of the indoor course (I will post some tomorrow.)
It is actually pretty fun. Old school scale model builder just got the crawling bug. 1 day he said wow that rig is cool (my Wraith) a week later he had an Ax10 & an indoor course @ his house!
I am also working on the design of my indoor course for the winter.
Once I get my course setup (& I get my servo & panhard bar) I will be open for some after work crawling.

Have you went to River park? The shale @ the base of the bridge is pretty cool & close in.

When are good times for you to get together?
Old 11-05-2012, 03:09 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dostradamas View Post
We now have a 3rd axial in our herd (xr10.)
I took some pics of the indoor course (I will post some tomorrow.)
It is actually pretty fun. Old school scale model builder just got the crawling bug. 1 day he said wow that rig is cool (my Wraith) a week later he had an Ax10 & an indoor course @ his house!
I am also working on the design of my indoor course for the winter.
Once I get my course setup (& I get my servo & panhard bar) I will be open for some after work crawling.

Have you went to River park? The shale @ the base of the bridge is pretty cool & close in.

When are good times for you to get together?
Id love to see the pics. That's great you found another person. I almost bought a xr10 (I really want one!) this morning then I find out they are being "discontinued" so now I can't until that's all sorted out. I guess ill just have to buy some wraith hop-ups :-P

I've been to River park many times but never for RC yet. I'm going up to McDowell creek area to RC tomorrow morning and Wednesday. Tuesday and Wednesday's are my only days off for now. I'm working on getting some Saturdays or Sundays off soon.
Old 11-05-2012, 03:50 PM   #11
RCC Addict

I will get those pics up tomorrow.
Take some pics of McDowell creek!
I am just chompin @ the bit in need of some parts. I have my 3rd stock wraith servo on its last leg.
As soon as I can scrape enough together I am getting my Hitec 7955tg & VP Panhard set (not soon enough.)
We will get something going when we can do it on a weekend. The 3 of us are m-f dayshifters.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:40 PM   #12
RcBros Hobbies

You guys should jump on orcrc.com and attend some of the local events. There is a scaler club based kinda out of salem that has comps your way.
RcBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:13 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by RcBro View Post
You guys should jump on orcrc.com and attend some of the local events. There is a scaler club based kinda out of salem that has comps your way.
I am already a member there I cant make the weekend events often with out a long notice. I plan to attend the next endurance challenge if I can. That will be a blast and I would like to at least go and watch one of the comps sometime.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:39 AM   #14
RCC Addict

I missed the comp @ Waterloo by a week.
Old 11-06-2012, 04:49 PM   #15

This is a very small portion of McDowell Creek Falls area in Lebanon. I have a video uploading to youtube of a few short runs i did this morning and ill post that soon.

Old 11-06-2012, 05:01 PM   #16

Here is a short video of McDowell Creek
Location 44.48626 -122.65735

Axial Wraith at McDowell Creek, Or - YouTube
Old 11-06-2012, 05:06 PM   #17
RCC Addict

oohhhh very nice.
My kid rushed me out the door this am & I forgot camera.
Tomorrow
Old 11-07-2012, 09:43 AM   #18
RCC Addict

Lebanon back room course.
The blue lights look better in person.
Old 11-07-2012, 09:47 AM   #19

That is wicked! Looks like a lot of fun!
Old 11-07-2012, 09:57 AM   #20
RCC Addict

It has a bit more on the left.
We usually get together there Sunday morns.
Just getting started at this point but we are also looking to have monthy get togethers in the future.

Albany and surrounding areas - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Traverse City or surrounding areas MIcrawler Michigan 83 10-02-2021 08:09 PM
A shot in the dark, Abilene, clyde, baird, surrounding areas? aztitan Texas 14 02-20-2013 08:39 AM
Santa Rosa and surrounding areas KC_JoNeS California 13 04-26-2011 11:59 PM
adrian area or surrounding areas discgolferlee Michigan 4 08-11-2008 04:37 PM
Texas RC Offroad - Houston and Surrounding areas ripper7777777 Texas 4 02-10-2008 07:41 PM