Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Oregon

Notices

Thread: The new guy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2019, 09:08 AM   #1

Default The new guy

Hey everyone, just figured I would sign up and make an intro post while I wait for my rig to be shipped. I follow a orcrc group on facebook that seems pretty active. I had a rc-10 some 20+ years ago back in Arizona. I currerntly live in Aumsville so if anyone knows of some close spots that would be great
I decided on picking up a used rig since I've never done anything r/c in my adult years (42). It's a lightly modded Vaterra Ascender but, I need to pick up a battery and charger. I'm kinda clueless as to what I should get. I did notice that it's suggest's a 2s Lipo but, wouldn't 3s be better? I did see running a 3s with an 18T will end up killing the esc etc. Any input on that would be cool.

Last edited by Onerabidkoala; 12-07-2019 at 11:49 AM.
Onerabidkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2019, 08:30 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: The new guy

That’s cool, man. I’m new and don’t know like, well, anything about the Ascender. But I bet if you look at what the Ascender owners are saying about 2S vs. 3S in the subforum you can figure out if the ESC is good for 3S...on a wag I’d wager it is. It’ll always be your call on what you prefer in that regard. The good news in coming from an RC10 is that battery life is substantially greater and that basic batteries will get you decent run times, like 3-6X maybe what you got on the same Mah numbers, and if it was a nitro then assume 3000Mah might will get you from 30 minutes to an hour and a half...and C rating can be lower than with a SCT, so perhaps look for that among recommended batteries. That’s a start, hope it helps and read a little more deeply into the forum and you’ll find answers to what you asked described much better than I did here. I just wanted to say welcome.
LincolnofDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 09:00 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Default Re: The new guy

Hey welcome!
I know there’s a group of guys out of Salem. That may be the Orcrc group you’re following. There’s the regular page and the Salem group. I’m a little bit north of you in Wilsonville and go to spring park/elk rock island when it’s accessible then there’s high rocks in Gladstone and other than that I’ve found you have to really travel. Like Lucia falls in Washington and a few other places.
If you check the next post down in the Oregon subgroup there’s a link to a map site with locations.
As far as the batteries go, I’m running a scx10 ii and a wraith both on a 2s ecopower trail 45c hard case. 7.4v 5000mah so far the run times and power have been plenty for me but maybe someone else will chime in.
Fricker08 is offline   Reply With Quote

The new guy - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
fat guy in some spandex shorts. Fat guy in some spandex shorts. for cystic fibrosis 2k2wranglerx Chit Chat 2 08-27-2018 08:29 PM
New guy guy here need helping choosing crawler Qcustomz Newbie General 10 09-23-2012 10:27 AM
New guy beernuts Newbie General 1 10-29-2011 11:41 AM
r/c guy not computer guy. roscoeisthecool Comments, Suggestions, and Help 72 03-14-2010 01:09 PM