RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Oregon (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/oregon/)
-   -   Going Crawling near Portland (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/oregon/625561-going-crawling-near-portland.html)

Fricker08 07-04-2021 09:33 AM

Going Crawling near Portland

I’ll start with I wish this Oregon section had some more activity so here we are. I’m going post up when ever I’m going and if anyone wants to come out, that would be great.
I go to Elk rock island for the most part, aka spring park.
I also venture up to Lucia falls in Washington and I meet up with Twade984 down at Lebanon dam every now and then too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fricker08 07-04-2021 09:34 AM

Re: Going Crawling near Portland

Me and a buddy are hitting Elk rock around 10:30 today, America day July 4th if anyone wants to join.
We will probably be there for a few hours at least.

twade984 07-04-2021 10:58 AM

Good idea man, this section is slooooow.

twade984 07-08-2021 07:11 PM

Planning on going to Lebanon dam Sunday 7-11. Not for sure what time, probably earlier so I don’t melt.

Fricker08 07-18-2021 09:20 AM

Little short of notice, but me and a buddy will be up at Lucia falls in Yacolt Washington today 7/18
Probably be there about 10:30-11 for a few hours

Inspector86 07-19-2021 09:07 AM

My younger brother lives in West Lin not sure where that is in relation to the area you are talking about. I sent him a TRX4 Sport for his birthday last year. I will send him a link to this thread.

Fricker08 07-19-2021 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector86 (Post 6087741)
My younger brother lives in West Lin not sure where that is in relation to the area you are talking about. I sent him a TRX4 Sport for his birthday last year. I will send him a link to this thread.

That's pretty close to me here in Wilsonville. Even closer to Elk Rock Island where I wheel the most. Sounds good man!

pmack99 05-11-2022 03:57 AM

Has anyone tried going out to Henry Hagg Lake? My son and I go fishing out there and I take the family out there to play in the water at times, just didn't pay a whole lot of attention to if there would be some good crawling/trail areas RC wise. There are obviously quite a few hiking trails and paths to fishing spots, and I'm not trying to get on the nerves of fellow fishers.

Fricker08 05-16-2022 04:00 PM

Going Crawling near Portland

I haven’t been to Hagg lake in a few years so I’m not sure.

This next weekend 5/21/22 I believe some guys are setting up a 100 gate or so fun run at elk rock island. No timed or points scoring, just for fun

smc-93 05-17-2022 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fricker08 (Post 6116272)
I haven’t been to Hagg lake in a few years so I’m not sure.

This next weekend 5/22/22 I believe some guys are setting up a 100 gate or so fun run at elk rock island. No timed or points scoring, just for fun

I'd love to come to a fun run like this someday but a 5 hour drive is a little far for a few hours of RC drive time.

I talked to my coworker, who I also go into RC (him and his son) and he said he'd probably be willing to drive that far if we could plan ahead and get a hotel/campsite the day before.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

Fricker08 05-17-2022 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smc-93 (Post 6116308)
I'd love to come to a fun run like this someday but a 5 hour drive is a little far for a few hours of RC drive time.

I talked to my coworker, who I also go into RC (him and his son) and he said he'd probably be willing to drive that far if we could plan ahead and get a hotel/campsite the day before.

I get that, I’ve been meaning to come up and do some driving your way. The good news is, if you could plan it right, you could have a pretty fun weekend of crawling hitting multiple spots. Wether it was staying Friday and Saturday night or just early Saturday and staying for Sunday. You can spend a full day at elk rock, I’ve killed 6 battery packs over about 5+ hours just driving around.
Then on your way home you could hit Lucia Falls in Yacolt Washington and spend another 3-5 hours there depending on time of year.

smc-93 05-17-2022 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fricker08 (Post 6116311)
I get that, I’ve been meaning to come up and do some driving your way. The good news is, if you could plan it right, you could have a pretty fun weekend of crawling hitting multiple spots. Wether it was staying Friday and Saturday night or just early Saturday and staying for Sunday. You can spend a full day at elk rock, I’ve killed 6 battery packs over about 5+ hours just driving around.
Then on your way home you could hit Lucia Falls in Yacolt Washington and spend another 3-5 hours there depending on time of year.

I definitely want to do that one of these weekends. He might be moving back to Minnesota in the future and wants to visit Portland/West Coast before he leaves. A weekend trip isn't out of the question.

I'd need some additional batteries though.

TheScaleSnail 06-13-2022 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pmack99 (Post 6115939)
Has anyone tried going out to Henry Hagg Lake? My son and I go fishing out there and I take the family out there to play in the water at times, just didn't pay a whole lot of attention to if there would be some good crawling/trail areas RC wise. There are obviously quite a few hiking trails and paths to fishing spots, and I'm not trying to get on the nerves of fellow fishers.

Hagg Lake has some decent sized rocks on the lake side of the damn,that’s is the only spot I’ve hit after disc golfing, might be more spots but I haven’t checked in a few months.

pmack99 06-13-2022 10:06 PM

Thanks, I might go check out Newberg RC park this week/weekend or George Rogers since Elk Rock seems to be constantly under water currently

Fricker08 06-14-2022 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pmack99 (Post 6118009)
Thanks, I might go check out Newberg RC park this week/weekend or George Rogers since Elk Rock seems to be constantly under water currently

Unfortunately with all the good wheeling spots being close to rivers and other bodies of water, we’re at the mercy of Mother Nature. A buddy of mine sent this to me today from Lebanon Dam. Which If you’ve been there, you know that’a pretty damn flooded. I’ve never seen that much water there myself.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...bb1d895042.jpg

pmack99 06-15-2022 09:01 AM

Yeah, saw those pictures of the dam on Facebook in one of the groups I'm in

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

DRoc 12-21-2022 05:41 PM

Greetings all, I'm new to the forum and new to crawling... just getting my Axial Capra 4WS dirty for the first time. I'd love to meet up with some folks and go out any time, I live in Sherwood and am on the hunt for local crawling spots. I will be checking out Elk Rock soon but any places on the southwest side y'all know of?

Fricker08 12-21-2022 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRoc (Post 6128950)
Greetings all, I'm new to the forum and new to crawling... just getting my Axial Capra 4WS dirty for the first time. I'd love to meet up with some folks and go out any time, I live in Sherwood and am on the hunt for local crawling spots. I will be checking out Elk Rock soon but any places on the southwest side y'all know of?

Man I no longer live there, but elk rock is the most popular spot for sure. I would drive there from Wilsonville. Other than that I’d hit lucia falls, it’s worth the drive.. and Lebanon dam. Bit of a drive but also worth it. If you head south to Lebanon [mention]twade984 [/mention] lives that way

twade984 12-22-2022 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fricker08 (Post 6128965)
Man I no longer live there, but elk rock is the most popular spot for sure. I would drive there from Wilsonville. Other than that I’d hit lucia falls, it’s worth the drive.. and Lebanon dam. Bit of a drive but also worth it. If you head south to Lebanon [mention]twade984 [/mention] lives that way

Indeed I do, but as mentioned a few posts back, we’re at the mercy of river levels. This time of year is when things start getting flooded out.