Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Outside the US

Notices

Thread: List of uk crawlers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2017, 01:50 PM   #181
Rock Stacker

Default Re: List of uk crawlers.

This is a pretty old thread starting all the way in 2006. Wow! My name is Tomas and I am in London. I have only just started with the hobby and have a Wraith and a plan to improve it. Having a good time running around the neighbourhood and in the nearby woods. I am keen to meet with others.
kohout is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-2017, 02:34 PM   #182
Quarry Creeper

Hiya kohout,
Nice to know there's a growing population of uk crawlers , there was recently the recon g6 up north in stock on Trent , I couldn't attend but it looked a blast , check it out on YouTube ,
Is there any decent crawling spots round your way ?
I'm in wales it's pretty good but always have to go searching for them I wish there was a dedicated track or setup to cater for our needs ,
The best iv found so far is a disused quarry about 5 miles from my house which is good but not always feasible due to the fine Welsh rain clouds lol
Anyway,... good to know there's more than 4 of us lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
willyg1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 03:22 PM   #183
Rock Crawler

I'm in London (around Hyde Park) on business right now, probably will have some time to kill saturday morning before I head back home... do you guys (lads? :P) have any idea of an offroad track or crawler course I could visit?
Ninomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 04:01 PM   #184
Quarry Creeper

There very few actual designated crawler tracks in the uk the especially around London not much countryside there at all , more glass , tarmac and concrete lol ,
your best bet is to google maps the area maybe 20/30 miles out of London you might find something but iv never seen anything with any real potential around London and I worked there for about 8 months , there is Regent's Park there's a few boulders and a bit of dirt here and there but the majority is flat but you might be lucky , if you want to go a bit further there's Stroud heart of the 5 valleys lots of lime stone around there minchinhampton common is pretty good lots of man made trails from walkers and cattle or even further wales the beacon beacons or a little bit closer the Malvern hills that'll be a good couple of hours drive each way I expect Stroud maybe 1.5 hrs each way
So maybe just stick to Regent's Park good luck

Old 06-06-2017, 04:34 PM   #185
Quarry Creeper

Brecon Beacons sorry

Old 06-07-2017, 08:39 AM   #186
Rock Stacker

Hi Ninomaniac,

I have only started with this hobby a few weeks ago, so apart of my local woods, I can't tell you much. However, if I was in your shoes, I would go to Epping Forest which is a large woodland are in north east of London. We used to go there for walks and on mountain bikes in past. I am sure you will find trails and obstacles to run over there. It is on Central Line and you can get of at most of the last few station and it is not too far. Check a map.

I'd love a local track but I have not heard of any yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninomaniac View Post
I'm in London (around Hyde Park) on business right now, probably will have some time to kill saturday morning before I head back home... do you guys (lads? :P) have any idea of an offroad track or crawler course I could visit?
Old 06-07-2017, 08:47 AM   #187
Rock Stacker

Hi there willyg1981,

Thanks for letting me know about the G6, I checked it on YT and it looked like a nice place to be. Next year here we come

Like I said, I have only just started, so I really only keep it local for now. I am in Ruislip which is in north west and we literarily have countryside a few minutes away, so I hope I will find somewhere interesting soon. I, too, could do with like a old quarry or something with rocky ground. I am sure that I will find somewhere good soon and when I do, I will let you know.

Wales is awesome, my favourite part of the UK. I have just been recently on my bike and then last year too. I love the north for the roads and scenery, amazing riding there.

It would be great if there were more people into this here too. I am somewhat jealous of all the north American guys with all their competitions and events, it looks like such a great fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyg1981 View Post
Hiya kohout,
Nice to know there's a growing population of uk crawlers , there was recently the recon g6 up north in stock on Trent , I couldn't attend but it looked a blast , check it out on YouTube ,
Is there any decent crawling spots round your way ?
I'm in wales it's pretty good but always have to go searching for them I wish there was a dedicated track or setup to cater for our needs ,
The best iv found so far is a disused quarry about 5 miles from my house which is good but not always feasible due to the fine Welsh rain clouds lol
Anyway,... good to know there's more than 4 of us lol

Old 06-07-2017, 09:06 AM   #188
Quarry Creeper

Hi kohout ,

Yeah I was really pissed I didn't get to go everything was last minute tho and my rig would of only broken as it did as soon as I took it for a quick spin on the day it was due to start , but next year for sure

It's a great hobby gets you out in the open air , the north has some great scenery too lovely granite mountains
Google maps iv found brilliant for this gives you a good idea for what to head for ,

Yeah wales is a beautiful part of the world I really like it here .

It's definitely a growing community the a Facebook page uk rc scale crawlers there lots of people from your kneck of the woods on there .
But like you say it doesn't beat the abundance of crawler specific retailers over the pond not to mention the weather,
it looks like we might be in for some sunshine for the following week I might of just jinxed it tho by mentioning it lol

Modelsport is a great supplier for bits and pieces and fantastic customer support and also rcbitz probably the best for crawler stuff and rc4wd bits iv found so far .

I finally got my bits to fix my rock rey so I'm taking it up the quarry this evening wooohooo

Old 06-25-2017, 11:15 AM   #189

Hi People! just looking for like-minded people and maybe found a few? not long started a Gelande D110, this is my first crawler (one of about eight differing types I have but more on them later). But the reason I chipped in with my two pence worth is that I am in Bristol (near the cider country 'hic'), when finished I am willing to travel a little way maybe come and see some of you guys/girls in south wales? Any carrot-crunchers near-by?
Landy Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 05:43 PM   #190

Exclamation Re: List of uk crawlers.

Hi guys I new to rock crawling & from Manchester iv just purchased a HPI CRAWLER KING , I'm also looking for places to go with it in and around Manchester if anyone can help thanks 👍🏻 Warren A.K.A CrawlerKing2017
CrawlerKing2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 06:00 PM   #191

Default List of uk crawlers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tachikoma1373 View Post
Tachikoma1373 (Chris) here.

North West based - near Worsley, Manchester.

Got a Wraith, A Twin Hammers an EXO and some other bits. YETI on order .

Check out my videos to see the vehicles Chris Day - YouTube

Hi chris iv just started out with the hobby just got myself a HPI rock crawler king and from worsley myself be cool to have a chat and learn a few things

Old 09-16-2017, 01:37 AM   #192
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawlerKing2017 View Post
Hi guys I new to rock crawling & from Manchester iv just purchased a HPI CRAWLER KING , I'm also looking for places to go with it in and around Manchester if anyone can help thanks Warren A.K.A CrawlerKing2017

Hi Crawlerking ,

There's the scale nationals on the 7-8th of October on the same location as the recon g6 which is pretty close to you DE4 5AS , well I say pretty close as it's 3hr drive for me lol

Old 09-16-2017, 05:21 AM   #193

Quote:
Hi Crawlerking ,

There's the scale nationals on the 7-8th of October on the same location as the recon g6 which is pretty close to you DE4 5AS , well I say pretty close as it's 3hr drive for me lol

Thanks do you know of any public places to go / outdoor

Old 09-16-2017, 06:18 AM   #194
Quarry Creeper

No sorry mate not from up round near your way google maps is your best bet

Old 09-16-2017, 06:19 AM   #195

Quote:
No sorry mate not from up round near your way google maps is your best bet

Thanks

Old 09-18-2017, 02:45 PM   #196
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landy Lover View Post
Hi People! just looking for like-minded people and maybe found a few? not long started a Gelande D110, this is my first crawler (one of about eight differing types I have but more on them later). But the reason I chipped in with my two pence worth is that I am in Bristol (near the cider country 'hic'), when finished I am willing to travel a little way maybe come and see some of you guys/girls in south wales? Any carrot-crunchers near-by?
Hi Landy,I'm in Weston super Mare and I have found some great trails and crawling spots around Cheddar and Burrington Coombe.Also Holford,on the other side of Bridgwater is a good place to go.
Old Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 03:01 AM   #197

oy oy chaps, I'm in the East Midlands and am looking for drivers to meet up with during the autumn/winter.

BTW don't neglect to check out Facebook groups, just search for 'UK crawler', there are loads of people on there
krush groove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 04:30 AM   #198
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawlerKing2017 View Post
Hi chris iv just started out with the hobby just got myself a HPI rock crawler king and from worsley myself be cool to have a chat and learn a few things

Hi there CrawlerKing2017. I've been out of love with my RC's for a while (life has a habit of getting in the way at times ) but just started getting back into it. Still got my RC's (EXO, Wraith, Yeti) and in the process of getting them all off road worthy again. I'll keep an eye on the forums and/or message me and if you fancy hooking up somewhere local let me know.

I go to Roe Green(Worsley Woods) its called New plantation on some maps. (Google Maps: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.50.../data=!3m1!1e3). Here's a YouTube playlist that includes some videos shot in that area https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUCu...3uMLyw&index=9)

Most of the links to pics on my threads here aren't working anymore so I've got a new location for all my images which is here (https://1drv.ms/f/s!AqcNBiQCzrU9i54UehYcW_MBrto-vQ) if you wanna talk a look.

Hope you are enjoying the Crawler King
tachikoma1373 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 09:38 AM   #199

Quote:
Originally Posted by tachikoma1373 View Post
Hi there CrawlerKing2017. I've been out of love with my RC's for a while (life has a habit of getting in the way at times ) but just started getting back into it. Still got my RC's (EXO, Wraith, Yeti) and in the process of getting them all off road worthy again. I'll keep an eye on the forums and/or message me and if you fancy hooking up somewhere local let me know.

I go to Roe Green(Worsley Woods) its called New plantation on some maps. (Google Maps: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.50.../data=!3m1!1e3). Here's a YouTube playlist that includes some videos shot in that area https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUCu...3uMLyw&index=9)

Most of the links to pics on my threads here aren't working anymore so I've got a new location for all my images which is here (https://1drv.ms/f/s!AqcNBiQCzrU9i54UehYcW_MBrto-vQ) if you wanna talk a look.

Hope you are enjoying the Crawler King

Hi mate yeah add my Facebook if you have it warren marland and will message you when I'm out and about

Old 11-26-2017, 02:27 PM   #200

Hello, Russell from Abergavenny signing in
FarmStripFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote