Old 11-29-2006, 01:49 PM   #41
RCC Addict

I'm afraid it's not.
4link4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2006, 02:15 PM   #42
Quarry Creeper

well thats a good reply.

You could at least have said where it is. Dont you want people to attend?
Tronk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 02:55 PM   #43
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronk
well thats a good reply.

You could at least have said where it is. Dont you want people to attend?
Melton Mowbray is easterly of nottingham and leicester
The crawl site isn't at melton itself , i put melton as its the nearest town , the actual site is in a place called asfordby valley which is about 2 miles out of melton on the A6006 .
steanlol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 02:59 PM   #44
Quarry Creeper

Thankyou.

There is also a melton near Hull, by North Ferriby. I shall keep watching to see when you are having a meeting. It is about 2 hours from me
Old 11-29-2006, 03:21 PM   #45
Rock Stacker

Well me and drzjohn are going to have a trip to melton mowbray on sat 16th dec for a crawl / bash and basically just to get some pic's and see how it goes .
Anybody is welcome but we are only going to be there for about 3 hrs .
Will be arriving at the site at the latest by 12 midday and john has to leave by 3pm at the latest but if any other people turn up then i am able to stay till its dark .

We will be having another meet there in jan all being well so the more people that show an interest the merrier

All these dates are subject to the great british weather holding out on us and being kind
Old 11-30-2006, 05:40 AM   #46
Quarry Creeper

Just to digress slightly.

4link4eva. [The one in Ramsey] Have you got the package James sent you. It has now been over a week and we are waiting for the goods that you promised to exchange.

I am near Cambridge at the weekend. I can call to your house for the items.

Just to confirm. James is my son
Old 12-01-2006, 12:15 PM   #47
RCC Addict

Hey Tronk, the package came today. I don't have the pinions yet, I am buying them brand new, and I don't think they'll get here before the weekend. Thanks again James.

Last edited by 4link4eva; 12-01-2006 at 12:28 PM.
Old 12-01-2006, 12:22 PM   #48
Quarry Creeper

Many thanks for letting us know. It has saved me a journey. Thanks
Old 12-03-2006, 01:55 AM   #49
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by steanlol
Well me and drzjohn are going to have a trip to melton mowbray on sat 16th dec for a crawl / bash and basically just to get some pic's and see how it goes .
Anybody is welcome but we are only going to be there for about 3 hrs .
Will be arriving at the site at the latest by 12 midday and john has to leave by 3pm at the latest but if any other people turn up then i am able to stay till its dark .

We will be having another meet there in jan all being well so the more people that show an interest the merrier

All these dates are subject to the great british weather holding out on us and being kind
IS ANYONE ELSE GOING TO JOIN US ?
drzjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 01:59 AM   #50
Quarry Creeper

I would like to go. However on the pictures there does not seem to be a lot of rocks. I dont want to spend a few hours travelling to you guys just to trundle around a field. If you find a good area let me know and I will gladly travel over. Any pictures would be good as well.
Old 12-03-2006, 02:29 AM   #51
RCC Addict

Well, my crawler's going through something of a rebuild, so I can't make it. I'd love to come to the meet in January though. Can't wait!
Old 12-03-2006, 02:29 AM   #52
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronk
I would like to go. However on the pictures there does not seem to be a lot of rocks. I dont want to spend a few hours travelling to you guys just to trundle around a field. If you find a good area let me know and I will gladly travel over. Any pictures would be good as well.
There is another site near to me but it is high up and to stand up there for a couple of hours, at this time of year probably won,t be much fun! look at my original post U K Meet Site?? it gives you an idea of the area,it has some good spots around the base and up on top, I am going to try to organise a meet there in the new year, Regards JOHN.(I know you have seen the post and replied to it,but I still say it is a good spot)
Old 12-03-2006, 11:43 AM   #53
Landy mad

I'll not be able to make it. It's the day after our works Christmas afternoon on the beer. I will more than likely still be ****faced.

On another subject. I went to try some more crawling in the Lakes today, unfortunately it was typical lakeland weather, yes, horizontal rain. Any way, had a run around Thirlemere Reservoir and there seems to be a couple of good spots with large rock outcrops very close to the road. If it's fair during my Christmas break I'll try and get over and take some pictures and video.
wallaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 11:12 AM   #54
Rock Stacker

Well saturday will soon be here and me and john will be hopefully having a good day's crawling if the weather holds out , so keep an eye on this thread for the pic's and maybe i'll try and put a video up if i can
Old 12-15-2006, 03:37 PM   #55
RCC Addict

Have fun tomorrow guys, I can't wait for the January meet .
Old 12-15-2006, 03:56 PM   #56
Rock Crawler

Looks Like It,s Just Steve And Myself To-morrow Then??????
Old 12-16-2006, 09:09 AM   #57
RCC Addict

So, what's the verdict? Was it good enough for a January comp?
Old 12-16-2006, 12:51 PM   #58
Rock Stacker

Well we had a great day , John's tlt was going great till towards the end of the day and i got my hands on it and it all went down hill from then , or down big rock , literally (sorry john :-() but john being ever resourceful managed to fix it and managed to get the controller out my hands and off he went again full of vigor for about half an hour till he got tooooooo brave and went over said big rock and had a bit of a tumble and broke a stub shaft (ooops)
So it was his turn then to get his hands on my clod sticky type thing and see if he could scratch the ally , but not underneath , oh no , on top , (ouch) luckily enough it was a tough old boot and stood up to the torture he gave it and more , even strapping 2 battery packs onto the front axel with made to measure rubber bands didn't hurt it too much , in the end we had to use my missus's bobble to hold the battery pack on as it had one or two war wounds :-(
All in all we had a good laugh , had a great day as the weather was great to us and went home with smiles on our faces .

The site is big enough for all types of bashing and all types of trucks , maybe not an all out crawling site, it's no grand canyon or sea defence rock but there's plenty to get your teeth into , lots of different areas with different terrain , the base is mainly moss in places with short grass and there is loose shale and rocks as well , also moss on some of the rocks which makes it more of a challenge but i must say that johns tlt did go places my clod couldn't .
Lets see what january holds and if the weather looks like its going to be good to us we'll try and get a group together and have a bash and a meet .

We had so much fun only a couple of pic's got taken but my missis did get some video so i'll pop out tomoz and try and get a lead to get it on the pc and then onto the site . dont hold your breath but i'll do my best
Old 12-16-2006, 05:29 PM   #59
Rock Crawler

Thumbs up A Smashing Day!

Just want to say thankyou to steve for a smashing day(literally) and thanks to lorraine for the fry up! Like steve said it is a good site for a get to gether with a bit of every thing(apart from water) to play on. regards JOHN.
Old 12-16-2006, 06:06 PM   #60
Rock Crawler

Im Completely And Totally Jealous
JRmudmanXJ is offline   Reply With Quote