Notices

Thread: RRCi Uk 2014 Scale Nats

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2014, 08:09 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default RRCi Uk 2014 Scale Nats

RRCi UK Scale Nationals 2014 - Bracken Rocks, Holloway, near Matlock DE4 5AS

Saturday, 18th October 2014 and Sunday, 19th October
The RRCi UK Scale National’s 2014: Now With Added Yeti!

The wait is finally over....

Plan is to run 2 x 100 gate courses run on time. We will also run 2 x 10-20 gate courses run as we have done with time and points. Each point will equate to 5 seconds so a -1 score would get you 5 seconds knocked of your total time and a +1 would get 5 seconds added.
We will run 1x100 gate and 1x10-20 gate course each day
The 100 gate courses will start and stop at the hut and people/ groups will leave 1 min apart

Classes will be 1,2,3,Wraith, Ultra 1.9 and Ultra 2.2, Ultra classes are for twin hammer and Yeti style rigs

There will be a night trail which will give you bonus points
English Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2014, 09:20 PM   #2

Default Re: RRCi Uk 2014 Scale Nats

Would like to see this but will be away. Will there be a report on this event?
team n.o.m.a.d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 04:12 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Hey folks, here is my footage from the Nats. Glad nobody was savaged by a Yeti (can you spot a Yeti XL in the truck line up at the end of the video?!?). Sorry I only got to video a small number of the rigs that were there, as I was out driving a lot of the time. Roll on the 2015 UK Scale Nationals

Not sure why the normal iframe way of embedding videos on this forum is not working for this post, so here is a link:

4WheelRCUK - 2014 UK RRCi Scale Nationals.

Btw, see the video description for links to more information.

Last edited by 4WheelRC; 10-23-2014 at 04:17 AM.
4WheelRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 05:12 PM   #4

Wasn't able to make this event this year, but hope to next time.

Is there any other regional or national events like this through out the rest of year ?

Paul
fartec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 04:23 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by fartec View Post
Wasn't able to make this event this year, but hope to next time.

Is there any other regional or national events like this through out the rest of year ?

Paul
Hi fartec. Local UK groups have events all the time (often monthly), but not sure about any more regional/nationals until next year.

RRCi Scale Nationals have a new Facebook group you could keep an eye on: https://www.facebook.com/groups/283733735170718/

There are some UK 'clubs' with sections on the scale4x4rc.org forum under here: Scale 4x4 R/C Official Regional Clubs - Scale 4x4 R/C Forums (e.g. "London Scale Trail Runners" & "Lincs R/C Offroad").

Also, lots of UK activity on scalerc.co.uk e.g. ScaleRC :: bashes/meets/trails and competitions

Hope you can find something in your area

Last edited by 4WheelRC; 11-27-2014 at 04:25 AM.
Old 12-04-2014, 06:37 AM   #6
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WheelRC View Post
Hi fartec. Local UK groups have events all the time (often monthly), but not sure about any more regional/nationals until next year.

RRCi Scale Nationals have a new Facebook group you could keep an eye on: https://www.facebook.com/groups/283733735170718/

There are some UK 'clubs' with sections on the scale4x4rc.org forum under here: Scale 4x4 R/C Official Regional Clubs - Scale 4x4 R/C Forums (e.g. "London Scale Trail Runners" & "Lincs R/C Offroad").

Also, lots of UK activity on scalerc.co.uk e.g. ScaleRC :: bashes/meets/trails and competitions

Hope you can find something in your area
I'm interesting in competing next year. Where can I find the rules for the different classes?

Is there any classes suited to new crawlers?
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 07:43 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
I'm interesting in competing next year. Where can I find the rules for the different classes?

Is there any classes suited to new crawlers?
I think this year the traditional classes 1, 2 & 3 were loosely based on the SORRCA Rules, so have a look here: SORRCA.com But then there were other classes e.g. for Axial Yetis.

When you say crawlers, do you mean 'proper' crawlers (e.g. Axial XR10), or scale trail trucks (Axial SCX10, Wraith; RC4WD Trail Finder 2 etc.)? I think the event is going more towards the G6 style with no scale points (as there is more driving time for all and it is more 'friendly' to beginners), so IMHO you'd be best off with some flavour of SCX10, my money would be on an RTR Deadbolt or G6 SCX10 + a winch. Then just charge it up and just have some fun

If you have Facebook: RRCi Scale Nationals have a new Facebook group you could keep an eye on: https://www.facebook.com/groups/283733735170718/
Old 12-05-2014, 01:50 AM   #8
Rock Stacker

Quote:
I think this year the traditional classes 1, 2 & 3 were loosely based on the SORRCA Rules, so have a look here: SORRCA.com But then there were other classes e.g. for Axial Yetis.

When you say crawlers, do you mean 'proper' crawlers (e.g. Axial XR10), or scale trail trucks (Axial SCX10, Wraith; RC4WD Trail Finder 2 etc.)? I think the event is going more towards the G6 style with no scale points (as there is more driving time for all and it is more 'friendly' to beginners), so IMHO you'd be best off with some flavour of SCX10, my money would be on an RTR Deadbolt or G6 SCX10 + a winch. Then just charge it up and just have some fun

If you have Facebook: RRCi Scale Nationals have a new Facebook group you could keep an eye on: https://www.facebook.com/groups/283733735170718/
Thanks for the link and info. I do mean scale trail trucks, I currently have a SCX10 Dingo kit. Are you most active on this forum? It seems to be the best in terms of info and various builds. Being from the UK, I mainly use MSUK forum.
Old 12-05-2014, 04:22 AM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
Thanks for the link and info. I do mean scale trail trucks, I currently have a SCX10 Dingo kit. Are you most active on this forum? It seems to be the best in terms of info and various builds. Being from the UK, I mainly use MSUK forum.
I'm on a bunch of forums: This one and RCSparks Studio Community are great for the depth of experience and global knowledge.

I find the most 'focussed' UK scale discussions going on are at scalerc.co.uk you can also find some events through rc-Bitz UK Scale Crawlers Directory : GroupSpaces and then of course there is Facebook.
Old 12-05-2014, 04:36 AM   #10
Rock Stacker

Quote:
I'm on a bunch of forums: This one and RCSparks Studio Community are great for the depth of experience and global knowledge.

I find the most 'focussed' UK scale discussions going on are at scalerc.co.uk you can also find some events through rc-Bitz UK Scale Crawlers Directory : GroupSpaces and then of course there is Facebook.
Thanks man, you've been a great help. Too many forums to choose from and not enough time to keep track of them all.
Old 12-05-2014, 04:39 AM   #11
Rock Stacker

Quote:

How do I register onto scalerc? There's not an obvious place to sign up?
Old 12-05-2014, 04:55 AM   #12
Rock Stacker

Just worked it out, I need to email to register which I've just done

RRCi Uk 2014 Scale Nats - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2014/2015 WCRCC Scale Challenge Season Opener October 4th 2014 rcjunky3 California 3 08-21-2014 05:18 PM
2014 Nats interest greencrawler Tennessee 37 07-17-2014 09:45 PM
Spanish Nats 2014 Finals fritzthefly Videos! 11 02-25-2014 03:40 PM
2 new vids from madpete @ RRCi Madpete98 Videos! 4 05-26-2009 01:55 AM