Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Paint and Body

Notices

Thread: Hacked 34 Rat Rod Crawler Lid

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2008, 01:39 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Hacked 34 Rat Rod Crawler Lid

Well, I wanted somethin different from a grappler. I wanted a pro-line c10, but the lhs only had a grappler and other misc. bodies. I decided on an Axial 34 Rat Rod. I threw a lil dark aircraft grey and a few masks, and then threw a lil black on it. I tried to keep it somewhat true to the old rat rod style. I had to hack off all the fenders for clearance issues, but it turned out pretty well in my opinion. Lemme know what you think.
Attached Images

TONKA TOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2008, 07:43 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

It looks good man. However, respectfully, it is a bit glossy for a true rat rod look. It would have been better painted on the outside. There was a thread a few days ago showing a rat rod paint job done from the outside and it came out pretty sweet. Gonna get scratched up easy but came out looking sweet. I do like the work you did on this though. This is just my opinion which probably doesn't mean crap and it's not ment to discredit the work you put into this ride.

Edit: Here's the other thread I referred to. There is also a Betty painted the same way further down in the thread.

My Proline C-10 Crawler Body

Last edited by Tobit; 07-09-2008 at 07:48 AM. Reason: Added more info.
Tobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 08:17 AM   #3
~THE SCALE SHOP~

a glossy grey rat rod?
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 08:29 AM   #4
RCC Addict

Love the look of the thing, didn't even know Axial made a rat rod body...

Agree that the gloss doesn't help the look of it though, hit the outside of the shell with some fine wet and dry and it should dull down nicely.

Looking good, Paul
4link4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 09:37 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobit View Post
It looks good man. However, respectfully, it is a bit glossy for a true rat rod look. It would have been better painted on the outside. There was a thread a few days ago showing a rat rod paint job done from the outside and it came out pretty sweet. Gonna get scratched up easy but came out looking sweet. I do like the work you did on this though. This is just my opinion which probably doesn't mean crap and it's not ment to discredit the work you put into this ride.

Edit: Here's the other thread I referred to. There is also a Betty painted the same way further down in the thread.

My Proline C-10 Crawler Body
Thanks, I painted up my Rust Bucket on the outside, I just wasn't too worried about the whole true to scale part of it due to the fact it will dull down some as soon as I drive it, seein how my rig spends more time on its lid than its wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS View Post
a glossy grey rat rod?
It wont be glossy for too long........

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4link4eva View Post
Love the look of the thing, didn't even know Axial made a rat rod body...

Agree that the gloss doesn't help the look of it though, hit the outside of the shell with some fine wet and dry and it should dull down nicely.

Looking good, Paul
Thanks, I am gonna have to try some fine grit wet & dry..... I was gonna use some of those green kitchen scrubbies, but I think the wet & dry will work a little better.

Here is a few pics of my Rust Bucket.......
Attached Images

TONKA TOY is offline   Reply With Quote