Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Paint and Body

Notices

Thread: line-x

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2008, 02:08 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default line-x

any one ever tried line-x'ing a chassis? or would it be to thick or the price just not be worth it? anything better than paint? i want something that wont scratch easily and line-x seems like the best solution if possible
06yz250f is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-2008, 02:26 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06yz250f View Post
any one ever tried line-x'ing a chassis? or would it be to thick or the price just not be worth it? anything better than paint? i want something that wont scratch easily and line-x seems like the best solution if possible

What??????? Line-X the chassis... I hope you are joking You want your tires to stick to the rocks...not your chassis
Trugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 02:30 PM   #3
I joined the Band!

Get it powdercoated. Its alot smoother, will slide over rocks better and is more durable than paint.

If you still have your heart set of undercoating, then yeah it should work fine as long as you rough it up enough before you spray it.
Knoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 04:22 PM   #4

i spray for line-x and it would cause more problems then benefits as the product goes on about an 1/8th of an inch thick so your chassis would be alot thicker and like already said you'd deffinatly get hung up when your chassis starts grabbin the rocks

already thought about sprayin stuff on my crawler but it just wouldnt do any good

only other thing i could think of if your looking for something stronger than paint theres bedlinder in a can thats like gritty paint its what i used on my jeeps rocker panels and ive yet to put a chip i the stuff and it goes on alot thinner

Last edited by mud-dog27; 08-03-2008 at 04:24 PM. Reason: adding
mud-dog27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 08:00 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

do you know the name of the bedliner in a can?
Old 08-04-2008, 08:26 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

herculiner

http://www.herculiner.com/
j33pownr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 11:42 AM   #7
Rock Stacker

what is the best way to paint a chassis? obviously w/ out anything on it but how do i protect holes for screws? and do i need to primer it first? how many coats? im assuming a spray can?
Old 08-04-2008, 10:31 PM   #8

the stuff in a can is platsi-kote bedliner in a can and the can is red i posted a link earlier but it has yet to show up

herculiner is messy and nasty like i said ive used this bedliner in a can and its lasted on my rockers for about a year or so now and i drive alot on gravel roads and in the bush
mud-dog27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 09:54 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

I took my Fat Dog tuber to Rhino Linings and had it sprayed it worked great help up awesome and i didnt have any problems with it sticking to the rocks. And they only charged me 15 bucks to do it

01XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 12:15 PM   #10
Rock Stacker

01xj
how did you have the screw holes covered to prevent them getting filled in?
Old 08-08-2008, 12:48 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06yz250f View Post
01xj
how did you have the screw holes covered to prevent them getting filled in?
Well all my panels are zip tied on so that wasnt a issue and the shock post are brazed to the frame so they just wrapped a piece of tape around the thread on those. And for the skid holes I took it over with a bolt and nut thru each corner and they just sprayed over them then you just pull it out it was very simple I just got tired of painting it and it looking like crap after a few months....I have had it Lined for about 6 months now and it is started to peel in a few spots but it has seen alot of use and some hard falls so it has chipped off in a few spots. They sprayed it real thin like i asked them to so it didnt make the frame all bulky looking. But i just striped it all off and i am taking it down to have it done again its only 15 bucks and well worth it every 6-8 months. And believe it or not its pretty easy to get it off take a knife and score it and start peeling and it comes right off
01XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 02:47 PM   #12
Rock Stacker

alright thanks for your help. definitely beats a 100 bucks for anodizing and will look much better IMO. cant wait to get my crawler!
Old 08-12-2008, 08:13 PM   #13
Pebble Pounder

ive used the duplicolor bed liner on the wheels,bumpers,and racks on my quad and the stuff holds awsone and is super durable its like 7 bucks a can and i got 4 12" rims done with one can
U$edUpH00ker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 10:48 PM   #14

Ive been using herculiner to spray the outside of my bodies after they get to beat up to look at, it works really well and looks pretty good too, fills in alot of scratches and stuff like that. Its paintable too.
Kevin713 is offline   Reply With Quote