Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Paint and Body

Notices

Thread: '41 willys

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2008, 07:09 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default '41 willys

it took me forever to trim. i wanted to leave the bottom of the body flush w/ the skid plate and take as little off as possible from the fenders but still have enough clearance at maximum turn and articulation.
i finally finished putting on the decals this morning, and snapped a few pics during my lunch break.

enjoy

Last edited by NeXt559; 08-23-2008 at 07:16 PM.
NeXt559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-23-2008, 07:44 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

very nice job, original body and if you've got full articulation that's awesome
Tanqueray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 07:59 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Sweet! Who makes that body?
JavelinSST390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 08:07 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavelinSST390 View Post
Sweet! Who makes that body?

Parma
http://www.shopatron.com/product/par...7260.17960.0.0
Tanqueray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 08:11 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Very nice work, you can see the attention to detail.

Not sure I would leave any fender, but the more you look at all the pics it does grow on you. Also really like the shade of green, and I am not a green fan. (the color that is)...
Prostreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 08:32 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Angry hey, Dammm it you have stoden my Idea dude,SHIT-U

Damm-it dude. you did steal my body Idea too. I got a candy apple Red with dark pink metalflake41' willy's body that fit's on my AX-10 too... But I trimmed mine.!!! all along the fender's line and did'nt have to cut out my trunk lid as you had too = not-kool... And just chop them fender's the rest of the way off dude, Peek the hood, throw some plastic tubing in there as homemade sticking out the side's header's, and be done witn it then... you COPY-CATinG-Mutha-FawKer.!?! Dammm-It-skippy...! I'm,going to press charge'es too...LMAO2 You Watch an see dammm-copy cat-ting oooh,Hell NO you Don't Neither... And now ya going to Copy my 51'chopped & hacked out Chevy Panel "NEXT" right..?!!.. Come-on now, (YOU) knew about (ME) doing that one too, Right come-on spit-it out-now,...and don't be hiding that ONE till later either, you Copy Cat-ting Crook...LMAO2... And (HOW ABOUT THE HARD BODIED 41' Willy's PICKUP CAB), I planned to NOT having you copy that I was making into a "SCALER" next.?!!.. for YOU knew about that too...Huh Yeah,..RIGHT..!?!? I knew "You'd" figure out I'd be doing that one too,...Huh.?!!.. Yup-per'z... Figure's...?!?! I give up and I'm, going to peek at what ALL YOU got going on over THERE to NOW fair Anuff "WITH" you now (ol'Pal of Mine).Huh Speak up WE can't
hear ya mumbling to ya self now said the truth you KNEW about that one all along did'nt now come - on SPIT it out now "FIGURE's I'll, have to move farther away from you now ... See what YOU did to ME now...!That has really change my thinking about you NOW..... Rotflmfao2. Scoot'er & Crew... P.s. Don't Even think you are going to Copy..?!?! My 56' chevy Nomad Panel EITHER, Oooh-Hell-No-Your-NOT...!!? "Shit Too" You IS over my dead battery Pack's ... Reckon YOU'LL be moving farther away From ME...! Next Time I Catch You Peeking Over the Fence Again...!!! Watch that Shit from now on Dude..... RoTfFlMfAo2....LOL + ttyl...Ol'Scoot'er from Duh ol' Skool #2

Last edited by scootertrash; 08-23-2008 at 09:09 PM.
scootertrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 08:38 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Very nice that's some nice paint. The body is unique you just don't see many 41 Willys on 1:1 crawlers.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 09:40 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prostreet View Post
Very nice work, you can see the attention to detail.

Not sure I would leave any fender, but the more you look at all the pics it does grow on you. Also really like the shade of green, and I am not a green fan. (the color that is)...
i tried that and didnt like how it looked. it looked too much like a tear drop from the top and a birds head from the sides and front.
thanks for the compliments. btw the green is a mixture of gun metal and metallic green i have to admit though the only painting i did was the silver. the owner of my lhs did the rest. he normally does pinstriping lettering and custom grafix on 1:1. when i told him about how much time i put into trimming the body and found out i was thinking about doing a fade w/ spray cans, he thought the time put into trimming wouldnt reflect on the final outcome of the paintjob and told me he'd do it "pro bono." and there's no way im givin up a free custom paint job

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootertrash View Post
Damm-it dude. you did steal my body Idea too. I got a candy apple Red with dark pink metalflake41' willy's body that fit's on my AX-10 too... But I trimmed mine.!!! all along the fender's line and did'nt have to cut out my trunk lid as you had too = not-kool... And just chop them fender's the rest of the way off dude, Peek the hood, throw some plastic tubing in there as homemade sticking out the side's header's, and be done witn it then... you COPY-CATinG-Mutha-FawKer.!?! Dammm-It-skippy...! I'm,going to press charge'es too...LMAO2 You Watch an see dammm-copy cat-ting oooh,Hell NO you Don't Neither... And now ya going to Copy my 51'chopped & hacked out Chevy Panel "NEXT" right..?!!.. Come-on now, (YOU) knew about (ME) doing that one too, Right come-on spit-it out-now,...and don't be hiding that ONE till later either, you Copy Cat-ting Crook...LMAO2... And (HOW ABOUT THE HARD BODIED 41' Willy's PICKUP CAB), I planned to NOT having you copy that I was making into a "SCALER" next.?!!.. for YOU knew about that too...Huh Yeah,..RIGHT..!?!? I knew "You'd" figure out I'd be doing that one too,...Huh.?!!.. Yup-per'z... Figure's...?!?! I give up and I'm, going to peek at what ALL YOU got going on over THERE to NOW fair Anuff "WITH" you now (ol'Pal of Mine).Huh Speak up WE can't
hear ya mumbling to ya self now said the truth you KNEW about that one all along did'nt now come - on SPIT it out now "FIGURE's I'll, have to move farther away from you now ... See what YOU did to ME now...!That has really change my thinking about you NOW..... Rotflmfao2. Scoot'er & Crew... P.s. Don't Even think you are going to Copy..?!?! My 56' chevy Nomad Panel EITHER, Oooh-Hell-No-Your-NOT...!!? "Shit Too" You IS over my dead battery Pack's ... Reckon YOU'LL be moving farther away From ME...! Next Time I Catch You Peeking Over the Fence Again...!!! Watch that Shit from now on Dude..... RoTfFlMfAo2....LOL + ttyl...Ol'Scoot'er from Duh ol' Skool #2

i actually got the idea from hairba11

my main issue with the willys is that the body is too wide. it tends to get hung up when i try to hit a ledge on a diagonal i got enough torque and weight to easily just power through it, but im afraid i might split the body one of these days.

Last edited by NeXt559; 08-23-2008 at 09:44 PM.
NeXt559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 10:07 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Very nice job, I really like old rod material. 8-)
eddy4753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 10:08 AM   #10
Rock Stacker

SUHWEET!! I bet the rounded hood helps with rollovers too vs. staying upside down on a flat roof.
CJBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 10:54 AM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Id hack the rest of the fenders off. But thats just my opinion. Looks good.
spiderxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 05:35 AM   #12
Rock Crawler

That is a sweet body. Nice looking paint too!
gyrene is offline   Reply With Quote